Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Hi HFC Official

I have entered 2 barcodes through my ticketek account for the GF ballot in 2 separate transactions (my mate couldn't get a to a PC in the time period). I was wondering if there was anyway that should all the stars align and we get in and we both get allocated tickets, could we be seated (or standing) together?

Or is it likely that due to being 2 orders (under the same card/ticketek account) they will be not together. If so is there anyway I can change this?

(obviously a lot needs to go right for the team and myself before this is an issue but trying to be proactive)

Thanks

$150 for an interstate membership - really don't think I can justify that anymore tbh.
Try living in QLD. With that said I will still be paid up and supporting our club next year.

Try living in QLD. With that said I will still be paid up and supporting our club next year.

They might get here but it doesn't mean I get to see them. I will still buy a membership but think I will go with the no frills package

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi HFC Official

I have entered 2 barcodes through my ticketek account for the GF ballot in 2 separate transactions (my mate couldn't get a to a PC in the time period). I was wondering if there was anyway that should all the stars align and we get in and we both get allocated tickets, could we be seated (or standing) together?

Or is it likely that due to being 2 orders (under the same card/ticketek account) they will be not together. If so is there anyway I can change this?

(obviously a lot needs to go right for the team and myself before this is an issue but trying to be proactive)

Thanks

Hi Baz_hawk,

Best if you contact the membership department directly to see if they can do anything for you.

They can be called on 1300 042 957.

Thanks,
HFC Official

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
$150 for an interstate membership - really don't think I can justify that anymore tbh.

Hi Off the Couch,

Thanks for the feedback.

The price of the interstate membership has a lot to do with the price of ticketing to our interstate games which have increased significantly in the last 2-3 years. It has only increased slightly from last years price of $145. The 3-game option at $87 is an alternative but doesn't provide access for a game in your state.

If you'd like any more information, please dont hesitate to contact the membership department.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Oct 16, 2007
Balwyn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dear Hawthorn Official,

I've just got back from holiday to find a letter from Hawthorn. "Yay", I thought, " something about the grand final."

As it turns out it was a letter re membership.

Two years ago Gold members in the Great Southern Stand lost their rights to the private bar behind us. We thought it was a real shame to lose a benefit with no reduction in membership cost.

Now my renewal, with no warning, implies that to keep my seats I now must be a Kennedy Club Member which is nearly 50% more expensive!

Can you let me know 1) why this change has been made 2) what options I have.

In our family budget I already stretch to keep our current membership - let alone another 50% on top to sit exactly where I've been sitting for years.

Please also let the club know that I am not happy with the way this has been communicated ie it hasn't!

SJ

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dear Hawthorn Official,

I've just got back from holiday to find a letter from Hawthorn. "Yay", I thought, " something about the grand final."

As it turns out it was a letter re membership.

Two years ago Gold members in the Great Southern Stand lost their rights to the private bar behind us. We thought it was a real shame to lose a benefit with no reduction in membership cost.

Now my renewal, with no warning, implies that to keep my seats I now must be a Kennedy Club Member which is nearly 50% more expensive!

Can you let me know 1) why this change has been made 2) what options I have.

In our family budget I already stretch to keep our current membership - let alone another 50% on top to sit exactly where I've been sitting for years.

Please also let the club know that I am not happy with the way this has been communicated ie it hasn't!

SJ

Thanks for your post skipjack.

In recent times we have seen high demand for premium seating, which has prompted the club to review all seating locations at the MCG, hence the decision to reclassify Level 2a P1-P9 to Kennedy Club for 2016.

Reclassifying these seats also enables us to make a clearer distinction between Gold and Kennedy Club, providing us with the ability to make all Level 2 and 2a seats as well as match day facilities exclusive for Kennedy and Legends club members only.

If you want to retain your gold membership for 2016, our membership team can assist you with a seating request to a Gold seating area and treat your request as a priority when it comes to reserved seat changeover.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the membership department at membership@hawthornfc.com.au or by calling 1300 042 957.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Hawk Presidente

Debutant
Jun 14, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi cryptor,

We'll be wearing white shorts on the weekend.

Thanks,
HFC Official
HFC Official, I assume the club has pointed out that in 91 both clubs wore their coloured shorts and that TV is no longer in black and white? Any chance of an appeal to higher reasoning so that we can wear our brown shorts?

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
HFC Official, I assume the club has pointed out that in 91 both clubs wore their coloured shorts and that TV is no longer in black and white? Any chance of an appeal to higher reasoning so that we can wear our brown shorts?

Yeah we'd certainly prefer to be wearing brown shorts Hawk Presidente. Our Footy Dept are discussing it with the AFL but at the moment they have directed us to wear white.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Yeah we'd certainly prefer to be wearing brown shorts Hawk Presidente. Our Footy Dept are discussing it with the AFL but at the moment they have directed us to wear white.

Thanks,
HFC Official
Any possibility of pulling a Collingwood and just wearing what we want and copping the fine? It's a special occasion after all.

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What about the clear distinction for Gold seating? That seating has been scattered to the wind. Not even being offered the best of the Silver seating.

Hi stemline,

One of the options for Gold members if they choose to move is to move to a Silver reserved seat but keep their Gold membership and Priority One status. This has been an option to members who have been affected in previous seasons and will be again for 2016.

Now that the reclassification has occurred, the clear distinction for Gold seating is that it's a reserved seat on Level 1 with Priority One access and doesn't have any match day facilities like Legends Club and Kennedy Club.

Thanks,
HFC Official

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn

2012 both Hawks & Swans wore their coloured or 'home' shorts..

Going by this years logic, Swans should have worn white shorts..true?

Hi HFC Official is their going to be another cup tour, and if so when will the itinerary be announced, so us plebs in the forgotten wasteland that is Queensland, can get to see them. And will any players be touring with it/them this year?

Edit: And while we're at it, can you give us the details of next year's cup tour as well? Might give us some time to plan.

Last edited:

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi HFC Official is their going to be another cup tour, and if so when will the itinerary be announced, so us plebs in the forgotten wasteland that is Queensland, can get to see them. And will any players be touring with it/them this year?

Edit: And while we're at it, can you give us the details of next year's cup tour as well? Might give us some time to plan.

Him grumbleguts,

Yes there will be another cup tour with the last three cups.

Details will be announced in the week or so with the tour to run around Australia between mid October and early December.

Thanks,
HFC Official

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi HFC Official,

I think we've had this conversation before - are you able to please supply us with the full final tally of Peter Crimmins votes (not just the top 10)?

Every year the club seems SO reluctant to provide these. I really don't understand why.

And while I'm here I'll ask again - any update on Siope Ngata?

Dear HFC Official ,

Elsewhere on this board, someone attempted to explain the voting procedure for the PCM. It was along the lines of this:

4 coaches vote on every player every round. Max 4 votes to a player. Max 16 votes to a player per round.
4 votes - tore the s**t out of a game so bad you were almost perfect.
3 votes - clearly beat your opponent.
2 votes - did your job/had better of opponent.
1 vote - break even day with opponent.
0 votes - beaten on the day.

Not exact descriptions but the 4 coaches all give votes on every player along those lines.

Are you able to confirm if this is, more or less, the way it is done?

thanking you in advance, :thumbsu:

IB

ps: And, would the votes be assessed after reviewing the game (say on a Tuesday) rather than a gut feel, immediate decision after the match?

Dear HFC Official ,

Elsewhere on this board, someone attempted to explain the voting procedure for the PCM. It was along the lines of this:

4 coaches vote on every player every round. Max 4 votes to a player. Max 16 votes to a player per round.

Not exact descriptions but the 4 coaches all give votes on every player along those lines.

IB

ps: And, would the votes be assessed after reviewing the game (say on a Tuesday) rather than a gut feel, immediate decision after the match?

From the article on the website.

Peter Crimmins Medal voting procedure

Votes for the 2015 Peter Crimmins Medal were awarded after each home-and-away and finals game by the Hawthorn Football Club Match Committee, consisting of Senior Coach Alastair Clarkson and Assistant Coaches Cameron Bruce, Brett Ratten, Adem Yze and Brendon Bolton/Damian Carroll. A maximum of 16 votes can be accumulated by a player each game.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-10-10/gibson-wins-peter-crimmins-medal

HFC Official

Official Account
Verified Account
Oct 18, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi HFC Official,

I think we've had this conversation before - are you able to please supply us with the full final tally of Peter Crimmins votes (not just the top 10)?

Every year the club seems SO reluctant to provide these. I really don't understand why.

And while I'm here I'll ask again - any update on Siope Ngata?

Dear HFC Official ,

IB

Hi stemline and IdiotBox,

Thanks for query.

I've spoken to our digital media team this morning who should have the full list of votes up some time soon. They're just getting it checked off with the relevant personnel.

We passed this feedback on last year and due to a turnover in staff it that area it may have gotten lost. Will let you know once it has been sorted.

Cheers,
HFC Official

Back