Official Ian Perrie Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

theorangeapple

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
AFL Club
West Coast
Perrie has told the WA clubs he wants to come home.

I normally dont deal in scuttlebut, least of all post it in a new thread but this is a very reliable source.

Perrie's manager has spoken to eagles and dockers officials. He wants to return home, he doesnt have a club preference.

I have no idea which club is favourite or what will be on offer. Or even if Eagles/ dockers are interested.

Should develop over the next week.

Re: Perrie has told the WA clubs he wants to come home.

If that's the case, and Im not sure of his contract situation, then as I said before, his trade value is nearly as good as that young midfielder at Freo thats turned into a gun CHF. Comes from Adelaide. Perrie's value to Adelaide this year should not be underestimated.

If he does want to go home then nothing but the best for him nothing less.
Otherwise he stays here.

Considering Dockers are chasing a key defender, and are chasing Jon Hay hard, you would think Eagles would be favorites to get him, I would think we would probably give them 2 2nd rounders for him. He is a good 3rd tall which would help out Hansen at CHF.

Another thing I want to add is Woosha and Nisbett have already openly stated that they will not trade their first round pick again this year, so that pretty much rules that out.

• Banned

Embers said:
Considering Dockers are chasing a key defender, and are chasing Jon Hay hard, you would think Eagles would be favorites to get him, I would think we would probably give them 2 2nd rounders for him. He is a good 3rd tall which would help out Hansen at CHF.

After the stinger debate last year, I think I will stay away from putting a worth on his head. He has been in very good form lately which will raise his price. It isnt a bad time for the crows to lose him in that sense, his value has never been higher.

Like Stinger last year, I dont think Waters or Butler will be on the table.

Embers said:

Another thing I want to add is Woosha and Nisbett have already openly stated that they will not trade their first round pick again this year, so that pretty much rules that out.

Perrie has been extremely important to our forward line structure this year, two second rounders just wont cut it.

Embers said:

First things first, how unless you trade, would you get two 2nd round choices?

crowie said:
Perrie has been extremely important to our forward line structure this year, two second rounders just wont cut it.

Doesnt sound like you will have that much choice in the end im afraid. Unlike Stinger we will not throw the kitchen sink at Perrie to get him, we would not trade our first rounder this year, i think 2 2nd rounders is the best you can hope for.

Markthirtytwo said:
First things first, how unless you trade, would you get two 2nd round choices?

Id guess maybe upgrade our third rounder to a 2nd, Damien Adkins will leave, Rowan Jones can be traded, McConnell might be traded, Green could be used to upgrade a 3rd rounder to a 2nd, I think gettin another 2nd rounder wont be much of an issue.

Embers said:
Doesnt sound like you will have that much choice in the end im afraid. Unlike Stinger we will not throw the kitchen sink at Perrie to get him, we would not trade our first rounder this year, i think 2 2nd rounders is the best you can hope for.

I think that he'll more likely be involved in a trade to bring Pavlich home, we would have to sweeten the deal a little but it is the Dockers we're talking about.

That is if the no-finals clause rumour is true.

I would imagine the club would be pushing for Waters to be part of the deal. We can only hope he's a bit homesick.

Waters, Pavlich???

Both are contracted, both are staying, lets be more realistic with this discussion.

Embers said:

Whatever...apparently last year you didn't really need Stinger, he was just a mediocre tagger and he was only going to be a low second-rounder at best. :rolleyes:

Embers said:
Waters, Pavlich???

Both are contracted, both are staying, lets be more realistic with this discussion.

We can talk Pavlich as he (apparently) has and out clause in his contact if Fremanlte don't make the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crowie said:
We can talk Pavlich as he (apparently) has and out clause in his contact if Fremanlte don't make the finals.
Time for the AFC to swallow their pride and admit they made a mistake by not taking Pavlich. None of this "15 other clubs ignored him" rubbish, and get serious about making a play for Pav. Might be our last chance.

Embers said:
Waters, Pavlich???

Okay Butler then.

What a nice way for Perrie to leave us, considering the game he played yesterday against West Coast.

theorangeapple said:
After the stinger debate last year, I think I will stay away from putting a worth on his head. He has been in very good form lately which will raise his price. It isnt a bad time for the crows to lose him in that sense, his value has never been higher.

Like Stinger last year, I dont think Waters or Butler will be on the table.
Hard to see either WA club really chasing him - He may need to re-commit to Adelaide if this is the case

Wayne's-World said:
Hard to see either WA club really chasing him - He may need to re-commit to Adelaide if this is the case

I think the Eagles would get the most benefit out of him, he would be one of their best tall forwards.

Wayne's-World said:

I think we would interested. I'm just not sure our desperation will satisfy your trade requirements. He wouldnt be a massive priority IMO, in fact, I dont think we will trade much at all this year. Historically we have been very conservative at the trade table, this year should be no exception.

theorangeapple said:
I think we would interested. I'm just not sure our desperation will satisfy your trade requirements. He wouldnt be a massive priority IMO, in fact, I dont think we will trade much at all this year. Historically we have been very conservative at the trade table, this year should be no exception.
From what I saw yesterday your stocks of talls are pretty good unless we are talking FF where Quinton Lynch does not appear to have cemented a spot - will he make it??

theorangeapple said:

The thing is he's a better key forward than any of the guys you currently have. He would improve your forward line.

theorangeapple said:

According to you West Coasters last year Stinger wasn't a massive priority blah blah blah...

Nothing you say is worth taking seriously.

just maybe said:
According to you West Coasters last year Stinger wasn't a massive priority blah blah blah...

Nothing you say is worth taking seriously.
In fact the contary TOA is normally very balanced with his views and I find them less biassed and more thoughtful than yours (generally speaking) ;)

Embers said:
This is EXACTLY the sort of reasoning your supporters put forward this time last year when Stenglein was on the trading block.

Lets not live in fantasy world here. Perrie is a 26 year old, who is very durable. He hasrdly misses a game and gives you 110% every time he crosses the white line. He is coming off a season where he was top 10 in the league for contested marking, kicked some 40 goals, took some 150 marks. All this while being double teamed in the first half of the year.

If you seriously think that he could be had for 2 second rounders then you are seriously deluded.

I am happy to say that Perrie at least would net us a 1st round pick or a young quality midfielder. I don't expect you to agree with that but come the end of trading period, you will realise I was right.

Having said all that, I am still not sure if Perrie wants to leave. All things point to him heading back home but we haven't heard anything official yet.

Truck Rutten said:
The thing is he's a better key forward than any of the guys you currently have. He would improve your forward line.

I doubt we are interested in him. He isn't better than Hansen or Gardiner, sorry. He probably isn't much better than Lynch. He isn't very talented but he is strong, very consistent and does the team things. He would be a nice fit for the Dockers who have some players they might be willing to trade which you could be interested in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back