Official Indiana Pacers Thread

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Everything Indiana Pacers in here.

Doubt anyone gives a * about Indiana but I'll be here probably talking to myself if I have too. :D

4728054-3x2-940x627.jpg

Good off season, smart rotation additions, Granger back, high expectations all-round one would think.

Paul George :thumbsu:

Got rid of the HandsBrah's :thumbsu:

Subscribbled.

Saintt

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Surprised the Indiana bandwagon isn't bigger, jumped on the bandwagon a few weeks ago because they're great.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
How do people reckon Indiana will go this season.

I had them finishing second in the East behind Miami but going past Miami in the ECF.

But now that Miami have acquired Oden I believe Indiana will still finish second to Miami but get knocked out in the ECF to Miami.

djrossie16

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Second in the East, third best team in the NBA. Deepest team 3-5 but some deficiencies in the guard area. Still competent enough to challenge for the title.

Hot Pocket

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm on the bandwagon. Always saw Indy as the 'rural American' team, ever since those famous 'Knicks vs Hicks' series in the 90's.

Just love this current team (also loved the Artest/Miller/Jackson/O'Neal team) for how tough they play, their depth and the way everyone contributes.

Would love to see them go all the way, and I reckon they can do it.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Poor first 2 preseason games, Lakers showed last year that it can reflect true form.

Meh I'm not to worried. The only thing that is worrying me is Granger.

I'm iffy on him improving Indiana as a team and if he continues this form into the season I wouldn't want him to be played.

Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NBA: Thunder
Granger appears to be done as a pacer. Do you think he'll come off the bench for Lance?

Do you think Lance is Shawn Kemps love child. He's the splitting image in my eyes.

Rooting for you guys in the east. George's dunk against the heat still gives me goosebumps.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Granger appears to be done as a pacer. Do you think he'll come off the bench for Lance?

Do you think Lance is Shawn Kemps love child. He's the splitting image in my eyes.

Rooting for you guys in the east. George's dunk against the heat still gives me goosebumps.

Tbh if prefer Lance to start because he's an amazing defender and that's what we rely on.

Where as Granger is pretty average on defence and I wouldn't be happy with him defending Wade or LeBron.

HighRoller

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons,Pacers
yep long time Pacers fan here and i'm hoping this is the year. Early form has been pretty awful i have my doubts about Granger as well and i have sneaking suspicions that Chris Copeland may have just had a blinder against us in that series last year and thats it. I havent really followed him prior to that series he was probably their second best player behind Melo during it.

PG and Hibbert need to go to another level though - we dominate the Heat with Roy because at Centre they have had nobody - Dwight matched Roy the other day and we got creamed.

I know i sound negative but along way to go yet - See how we go once the real stuff starts...

FromTheHartland

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, Indiana Pacers
G'day gang still getting my head around BF big pacers fan since the Reggie days. Can't wait for this season, I've got huge expectations with a stronger bench than last year! I reckon they'll trial Granny Danger for the first few months in the starting 5 and off the bench and then flip his expiring contract if we want to get a few assets or another guard. GO PACERS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Granger needs to suck it up during this comeback year and say I'll take this second unit off the bench for stretches ala OKC Harden.

Watson
Granger
Copeland
Scola
Mahinmi

If Granger comes back strong, on paper that's a pretty solid second unit that should be able to still put up numbers, something there bench couldn't do against good teams last year, the starting 5 are good enough defensively, but it showed that the lack of scoring when they were off the court cost them in the end. All those guys embrace that role and they will be hard to beat.

FromTheHartland

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, Indiana Pacers
Granger needs to suck it up during this comeback year and say I'll take this second unit off the bench for stretches ala OKC Harden.

Watson
Granger
Copeland
Scola
Mahinmi

If Granger comes back strong, on paper that's a pretty solid second unit that should be able to still put up numbers, something there bench couldn't do against good teams last year. All those guys embrace that role and they will be hard to beat.
Anything is an upgrade on Psycho T, Augustin! In 2K14 I traded Granger and 2nd rounder for Batum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hot Pocket

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Their starting 5 was easily the best in the league last year - Granger needs to fit into the second unit imo.

Back