Official Indiana Pacers Thread

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Indiana Pacers' Paul George tried to pay stripper $1M for abortion

Another athlete bites the dust. Paul George is following Dwyane Wade’s footsteps - not collecting NBA rings and championships - but getting other women impregnated out of wedlock and perhaps out of a relationship. Unlike Wade, George attacks the situation quite differently as the latter has attempted to pay off the woman $1 million to abort the baby.

According to multiple media outlets, including balleralert.com, the Indiana Pacers star forward offered to pay a certain Daniela, who is a stripper-slash-model from Miami, Florida, after learning that he got her pregnant in 2013.

George is currently dating Clippers Head Coach Doc Rivers’ daughter.

Lol.

Seriously though, I don't understand why some top young athletes don't consider getting vasectomies. It's really just protection of their investment and their livelihood. If you want to start a family post-career, you can always get it reversed. Just seems stupid to basically be forking out so much money for either an abortion or child support, as well as cruel to potentially bring children into this world that you really don't want.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Season may have ended in a ugly spiral but I'm pleased with how it went.

Paul George makes me very excited for the future of this franchise. If he develops his offense more he'll become an amazing 2 way player.

Stephenson will probably leave, would love to keep him but I doubt we will.

I have faith in Hibbert. Needs to lose weight so he's more agile on offense. He really doesn't need to be 295lb.

New PG would be lovely. Jeremy Lin maybe, Hill would be god in an off the bench role but not as a starter.

Bring on season 2014-15!

FromTheHartland

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, Indiana Pacers
Season may have ended in a ugly spiral but I'm pleased with how it went.

Paul George makes me very excited for the future of this franchise. If he develops his offense more he'll become an amazing 2 way player.

Stephenson will probably leave, would love to keep him but I doubt we will.

I have faith in Hibbert. Needs to lose weight so he's more agile on offense. He really doesn't need to be 295lb.

New PG would be lovely. Jeremy Lin maybe, Hill would be god in an off the bench role but not as a starter.

Bring on season 2014-15!

Hibbert isn't necessarily too big in weight, he's just got terrible balance because of his height. He falls all the time, and gets his feet tangled a lot when he's posting up.

George is a gun, if he develops an off the dribble game and some post moves he'll be pushing for LBJ and KD status!

Apparently Larry Legend said he wants to keep fancy pants Lance, which is a good sign. We also won't get much cap relief if he walks so why not sign him, hopefully Vogel and Larry can keep him under control in a way that let's him go a bit crazy (good crazy, not Artest crazy!).

Lin is a good idea but he likes to push the ball (we play slow -which killed us against the heat) and isn't a good shooter (we need spacing at the 1 spot). If we could get someone who looks after the ball and can space the floor that would be perfect - I'd love to get Vasquez in FA or a sign and trade with Toronto...

HighRoller

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons,Pacers
so anyone else like to take back the George Hill for Kawhi Leonard trade? They used to talk of it being a win win for both parties. I think its pretty clear now who won.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
so anyone else like to take back the George Hill for Kawhi Leonard trade? They used to talk of it being a win win for both parties. I think its pretty clear now who won.

Not really.

If we kept Kahwi we wouldn't have gone as deep into the playoffs recently as we have. Pus he would've been 3rd in line behind PG and Granger.

Apple iCup

Imposter
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Not really.

If we kept Kahwi we wouldn't have gone as deep into the playoffs recently as we have. Pus he would've been 3rd in line behind PG and Granger.
That's the unfortunate thing about the league. Some players get snubbed of their playing time and we never get to see their true potential in the league. A good example is how Patrick Mills was restricted with his time at Portland and even at San Antonio prior to releasing Neal. There are plenty of examples.

This is why there are scouts and other various staff members at each organisation. We might not know San Antonio's full intention with their acquisition of Kahwi. For all we know, they might of wanted a solid role player and thought he was that guy. Doesn't matter, the kid got himself a ring and is in the history books as Finals MVP.

The same thing goes for Paul George, he could of been stuck behind Hill as backup SG, if Granger wasn't hit with unfortunate injuries.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
That's the unfortunate thing about the league. Some players get snubbed of their playing time and we never get to see their true potential in the league. A good example is how Patrick Mills was restricted with his time at Portland and even at San Antonio prior to releasing Neal. There are plenty of examples.

This is why there are scouts and other various staff members at each organisation. We might not know San Antonio's full intention with their acquisition of Kahwi. For all we know, they might of wanted a solid role player and thought he was that guy. Doesn't matter, the kid got himself a ring and is in the history books as Finals MVP.

The same thing goes for Paul George, he could of been stuck behind Hill as backup SG, if Granger wasn't hit with unfortunate injuries.

It shows with Plumlee too. He was hardly getting minutes at Indiana so we offloaded him to PHX where he has flourished.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
What do you guys reckon a good Plan B is if Stephenson leaves?

I say push Hill to the 2 spot and try to get Livingston or Sefolosha.

FromTheHartland

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, Indiana Pacers
What do you guys reckon a good Plan B is if Stephenson leaves?

I say push Hill to the 2 spot and try to get Livingston or Sefolosha.

Thabo at the point!?!? I don't think so... He's really dropped off, can't shoot at all any more and he's never been a ball handler. Livingston would be great, but I think BKN will throw some money to keep him. Grievous Vasquez wouldn't be a bad option that would be a good ball handler to push Hill to the 2 spot. They have to do something with hill, he really dropped off last season.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Apparently you guys are looking at Stuckey. I think he will be able to replace alot of the things Lance did for you for a fraction of the cost. He was actually really good for us last year.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Apparently you guys are looking at Stuckey. I think he will be able to replace alot of the things Lance did for you for a fraction of the cost. He was actually really good for us last year.

I dunno if I really want Rodney Chuckey tbh.

Apparently we're trying to get Dragic. I don't think he'd fit our half court offense though. I'd prefer to go after Rondo.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
Technically we replaced Lance with Miles cause Miles will start.

True. I'd forgotten about Miles and with the timing, it seemed that Stuckey replaced Lance, but you are right. Miles will start and Stuckey will be 6th man.

I really liked Lance, but his play noticeable dropped off since the AS break. I'll miss his aggression, but not his locker room presence.

SnakePlisskin

Cancelled
Mar 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Paul George has snapped his leg in a USA exhibition game , worst injury I've ever seen .
Sorry to bring bad news.

Back