Official Indiana Pacers Thread

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Not the best idea to rush him back from an injury like that. Won't make a big difference to Indiana if he comes back now IMO.

He's not being rushed back now though.

He's 100% healthy and has been for maybe a month.

It was a clean break with no ligament damage, so when the bones healed, which it has, he's healthy.

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
He's not being rushed back now though.

He's 100% healthy and has been for maybe a month.

It was a clean break with no ligament damage, so when the bones healed, which it has, he's healthy.

George hasn't played since early August. Pacers won't go any further with him than they would without him. May as well get another off season into him and head toward a solid 2015/16 season.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
George hasn't played since early August. Pacers won't go any further with him than they would without him. May as well get another off season into him and head toward a solid 2015/16 season.

I don't believe he'll propel us deep into the playoffs. I want him to play this season so he can get some games under his belt going into next season.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
We get pick 11.

Probably not worth trading up as we have no valuable bar PG13 and our other players are valuable to us but not other teams.

Would love to pick up Myles Turner with our pick.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
So West to opt out, Hibbert may opt out now.

WCS hasn't been cleared by our medical staff due to his ankle so we may not want to draft him.

We're also interested in Monta Ellis.

Very big off-season coming up.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Thread needs a better title.

Nonetheless, the Ellis signing is great.

Hmu with title ideas and I'll change it.

5_1399389016_743f9ae87a631091df1a082784d2d24f.jpg

SacTown15

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Report: @Pacers, guard Monta Ellis agree to four-year, $44 million deal."
Good get for the Pacers at a modest price. Hope to see him drive and kick out to perimeter shooters more rather than seeing him taking low percentage shots from the perimeter. Fits in with the new gameplan Vogel's talking about.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Good get for the Pacers at a modest price. Hope to see him drive and kick out to perimeter shooters more rather than seeing him taking low percentage shots from the perimeter. Fits in with the new gameplan Vogel's talking about.

Yeah I'm very happy with it and I believe we can make him a very good player.

Nice Summer Knights avi btw. ;)

freshazimiz

All Australian
Mar 2, 2012
Wakanda
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, Bucks
Don't rate Ellis much myself but think he's in a pretty good spot to cover his deficiencies with the Pacers. As long as he sticks to his strength he should be good, always gets to a stage where he thinks he should do more is when he looks flawed.

I never think he should be an all star even though many people think he does deserve to at least once but ypu guys got him for a decent price compare to the market out there.

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rochester FC, Waroona FC, Pacers
I'm pretty happy with this off-season. Bird and Vogel obviously have a plan about how we want to play next season. Scoring has been a struggle the past few seasons and I think we've addressed that. West struggled last year and Hibbert is a mental midget.

PG: George Hill / Rodney Stuckey / Joseph Young
SG: Monta Ellis / CJ Miles
SF: Solomon Hill / Chase Budinger
PF: Paul George / Myles Turner / Lavoy Allen
C: Jordan Hill / ian Mahinmi

I like the Turner and Young picks. Still think we have another slot on the roster. Maybe another guard?

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I don't think Stuckey will be at PG.

PG: George Hill / Vet PG / Joseph Young
SG: Monta Ellis / Rodney Stuckey
SF: CJ Miles / Chase Budinger / Solomon Hill
PF: Paul George / Myles Turner / Lavoy Allen
C: Jordan Hill / Ian Mahinmi

Wouldn't mind someone like Ridnour to fill the Vet PG role.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
So we've just signed Glenn Robinson III.

If the cap goes up to $90mil and assuming Glenn Robinson III is signing for a 3 year minimum salary deal with the last 2 years non-guaranteed, and we would have about $27.45m in cap space, with 12 guys signed. Assume a cap hold for our 1st round pick of somewhere between $1m and $2.5m, depending on where we select. We could clear another $1.4m by waiving Shayne and GR3 and their non-guaranteed salaries.

Back