Official Indiana Pacers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty excited about this year. Turner and Young are really exciting. Love them both. Excited about Robinson III and Christmas. PG has shown some great signs in the pre-season. We should make the east playoffs at least, but in a year or so we could be good again.

I'm pretty excited about this year. Turner and Young are really exciting. Love them both. Excited about Robinson III and Christmas. PG has shown some great signs in the pre-season. We should make the east playoffs at least, but in a year or so we could be good again.
Very happy with the start of the season. The team has gelled a lot faster than I thought possible.

Realistically, the Pacers won't win the championship this year, but they're a really dangerous team. The defence, despite losing Hibbert and West, is still very good and the offense has improved significantly on the back of 3 point shooting. We probably can't maintain that shooting, but so far, so good.

George is ridiculous - 26.4ppg, 8.4rpg, 4.6apg, 1.5spg. He needs to work on his shot selection, but his comeback has been stunning. He's an offensive weapon with elite defence.

Ellis only averages 12.6ppg, but he makes great plays at key times and has provided excellent leadership.

Mahinmi, Allen and Hill have been a solid front court with moments of great play.

Miles has been great, G. Hill is under-rated and Vogel is a brilliant coach.

And we haven't really seen much of Turner, Young, Chistmas or Robinson III.

We'll probably collapse at some point, but it's very exciting.

turnovers, ******* turnovers

It's been frustrating. George has been great, but averages nearly four turnovers per game. He needs to be smarter. I loved George Hill last year, but he's frustrating me this year. I want a real PG now.

I know all teams have close losses, but we've made a habit of it now; lost to Cavs by 4, Bulls by 1, Jazz by 3 (OT), Kings by 2, Bulls by 2 (OT), Bucks by 4, Heat by 3 and Rockets by 4. We've also played some shitty fourth quarters were we've given up big leads and just held on or had the game taken into OT and lost or just lost. Need to become a lot better at finishing off games.

So Teague / Monta / PG / Thad Young / Turner,Mahinmi is pretty damn decent guys I reckon its good for ECF - is it enough to stop the Lebron / Kyrie show? probably not but at least Larry Legend is putting something together. A lot depends on whether Turner becomes a gun or just a run of the mill Centre.

So Teague / Monta / PG / Thad Young / Turner,Mahinmi is pretty damn decent guys I reckon its good for ECF - is it enough to stop the Lebron / Kyrie show? probably not but at least Larry Legend is putting something together. A lot depends on whether Turner becomes a gun or just a run of the mill Centre.

What's the deal with Teague, has he signed with Indiana yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bazemore at the 2 with ellis off the bench is what we need. Hopefully Teague remembers how to shoot this season

I honestly think Teague will have close to a career season.

Less pressure on him as he has players like PG13 and Turner, he's in his home town which he loves. It'll be a good year for him.

I honestly think Teague will have close to a career season.

Less pressure on him as he has players like PG13 and Turner, he's in his home town which he loves. It'll be a good year for him.
I hope so. Hopefully he can play without the ball in his hands, cause we now have 3 ball dominant players at the 1,2 and 3

I hope so. Hopefully he can play without the ball in his hands, cause we now have 3 ball dominant players at the 1,2 and 3

I think he can. But him being ball dominant won't be a bad thing because then PG13 can get better shots because he won't have to create them himself.

Teague, Stuckey
Ellis, Miles
George, Miles
Young
Turner, Jefferson

That's a potential top 4 in the conference team.

On paper that team still looks great. Recurring issue for Indiana ha. David West aside, most somewhat big signings have been underwhelming. Bynum, Augustin, Jefferson, Lawson, Ellis, Scola.

Team should look quite different after this offseason. As always, can't see Indy attracting a big name player. Especially if PG leaves.
Ibaka perhaps. I like the idea of him to help Turner.
Happy to keep Ellis on the bench, mainly as I doubt anyone will take him/his contract.

Well, PG13 is leaving next summer so that's that. We have to gut the team now, which is something we've never really done. We've played six of the last seven playoffs (we just missed out when PG was injured). The team last had a pick inside the top 10 in 1989 (George McCloud ftw). The Warriors probably have a monopoly on the league for probably four or five years, so we should aim for after that window.

Keep Myles Turner who is only 21 and has shown great signs. Keep Glenn Robinson III. Probably keep Georges Niang and Joe Young and give them some good burn and see if they give up anything. They're both 24. Not sure about Rakeen Christmas, he's 25 and only played this year.

I want the full tank, see who we can get for everyone else with the emphasis on picks and young players. Let Teague walk as well, as he's 29 and won't be around for the next run.

I'm pretty warm to the "full tank" option, just can't see it happening.
The 3 times I've seen them go close (late 90's i was only half interested, had another team that was doing well to follow) so mainly the O'Neal/Artest & PG/West/Hibbert teams weren't from the full tank route. They'll probably back themselves to do that again. I assume with that confidence and worry of low attendance, financial loss will see them stay away from doing a Philly.
Kinda hope I'm wrong, just to see something interesting from this team.

I'm pretty warm to the "full tank" option, just can't see it happening.
The 3 times I've seen them go close (late 90's i was only half interested, had another team that was doing well to follow) so mainly the O'Neal/Artest & PG/West/Hibbert teams weren't from the full tank route. They'll probably back themselves to do that again. I assume with that confidence and worry of low attendance, financial loss will see them stay away from doing a Philly.
Kinda hope I'm wrong, just to see something interesting from this team.

lakers wanted to acquire picks 5 and 10 for pick 2, to then trade one of them plus 27, 28 and a player for pg13. god i wish it happened

id love a top 10 pick this year and then tank to build around myles, gr3, a top 10 pick and maybe someone like og anunoby at pick 18.

Going to be interesting to see what can be salvaged in a PG trade now.

Quite happy with the draft. We've added some depth in our bigs and Leaf may end up a capable stretch 4 on the offensive end. Anigbogu will be an interesting project, his length certainly appeals. Sumner is a gamble, but has good size and projects as a good type to add at the 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back