Injury Official Injury Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me, or has Swallow's injury been extended further? :(

Hope Prestia is back in

Not sure about Swallow. Can't recall what the initial length was. The fact that it's slowly coming down though is encouraging. I was hoping he would be back after the bye myself, but at this stage it doesn't look like he'll be back round 15/16. Pending on how many NEAFL games he will play.

Dixon is one I'm encouraged about. Apparently he was able to resume full training only 2 weeks after surgery, which is excellent. Again though, he'll probably play a NEAFL game before coming back in though. Maybe the Geelong home game.

Updated injury list, courtesy of Mike Whiting:

Campbell Brown – Shin/knee – TBA
Nathan Bock – Leg – Season
Michael Coad – Thumb – 3-5 weeks
Charlie Dixon – Cheekbone – Test
Dan Gorringe – Achilles – Indefinite
Jarrod Harbrow – Fractured Elbow – 1-2 weeks
Tom Lynch – Foot – 2-4 weeks
Jaeger O'Meara – Groin – Test
Dion Prestia – Hamstring – 2-4 weeks
David Swallow – Knee – 3-4 weeks
Jeremy Taylor – Quad – Test

Can't believe that about Prestia. Rotten luck. Also doesn't help our midfield problems.

Good to see Charlie with a test though! Hope he can play in the NEAFL this week.

In 4 weeks, we get Swallow, Prestia and Lynch all back. That's going to beef us up unbelievably. :D

Tape gone for the rest of the season. He needs a full knee reconstruction, which likely means he will miss half of the pre-season too. :(

Shocking news and really feel for Sebby. Was having the game of his life before he went down. Not many of our back six have the courage he has, and his loss will hurt us a little more than most realize IMO.

Seb Tape will require reconstructive surgery to his right knee after scans today revealed the Gold Coast SUNS defended would miss the remainder of the season.

Tape injured his knee during the 3rd quarter of the GC SUNS seven point loss to North Melbourne at Metricon Stadium on Saturday night.

General Manager - Football Operations, Marcus Ashcroft confirmed the results.

"Unfortunately the scans have shown that Seb will require reconstructive surgery to his right knee.

Seb and the club's medical team will meet with the surgeon to determine when he will undergo surgery."

Ashcroft confirmed Tape will be sidelined for a considerable period of time.

"The nature of the injury means Seb will miss the rest of the 2012 season and will be in rehabilitation mode when the 2013 pre-season commences."

Tape, 19, has played 23 games with the SUNS since making his debut in the club’s inaugural match against Carlton in round 2 at the Gabba last season.

That is terrible news, Tape, while having questionable disposal at times, always went 100% at the ball and man.

Hope he has a speedy recovery. This could mean someone like Hine who I think played ok on Saturday could get his chance to shine and show that he is worthy of a contract next season.

Really unfortunate for the young fella. All the best to him and his recovery.

Paves the way for a Hutchins and May return if Thompson and Tape are gone? Or perhaps May and Harbrow after the break? Harbrow shouldn't have really lost TOO much fitness as his legs are fine and could have cycled the tour de france with his time off that he's had.

All the best with injury/recovery, and looking forward to seeing you carve it up in 2013!

Tape is a player who never leaves anything left in the changeroom.

Swallow still out for about 4 weeks with that knee.

GOLD Coast midfielder David Swallow is still up to a month away from returning to action as he continues to battle a knee injury.

The 19-year-old strained his posterior cruciate ligament in the Suns' round seven loss against GWS having struggled with injury the previous three weeks.

He played with hip pain against North Melbourne in round five and hurt his ankle against Fremantle in round six, before succumbing to the knee injury.

It was hoped the former No.1 draft pick might return against West Coast in round 14, but football operations manager Marcus Ashcroft said he was a little way off yet.

"He's just started to move around and do a bit of running and strengthening work," Ashcroft said.

"When he first did it, it was always around the eight-10 week call, so he's still on track. I think everyone thought we had the bye mid year and he'd be right after that, but it's still a similar timeframe to what was initially diagnosed."

Swallow has missed five weeks to date, which means he may return somewhere between rounds 15 and 17.

Gorringe had surgery on his achilles last weekend. Prestia also unlikely for Eagles, and Harbrow will hopefully be cleared to do contact training this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GCFC being pretty slack with the injury list, though according to the Herald Sun Rory Thompson could spend a month on the sidelines.

Mind you, all of their other injuries are out of date, so I really hope they're wrong about it. Like I said, GCFC being pretty slack about the injury list.

Does anyone know if Seb Tape has had surgery yet, and if so did all go well?

He went in for surgery not long after the injury. Since we didn't hear otherwise, I'm assuming it all went well. Mike Whiting would have been all over it if otherwise.

Since the club hasn't released any injuries for a couple of weeks, I'll update to the best of my knowledge. I'll update this post when they finally update it. The Age usually release an accurate list on Tuesday/Wednesday.

EDIT -- updated.

Campbell Brown - Knee - Test
Jarrod Harbrow - Fractured Elbow - Test
Andrew McQualter - Shoulder - Test

Dion Prestia - Hamstring – 1-2 weeks
Michael Coad - Thumb - 3-4 weeks
Tom Lynch - Foot - 1-2 weeks
Michael Rischitelli - Hamstring - 1 week
Luke Russell - Hamstring - 2-3 weeks
David Swallow - Knee - 2-3 weeks

Seb Tape - Knee - Season
Daniel Gorringe – Achilles - Indefinite
Rory Thompson – Ankle - Season
Nathan Bock - Fractured Right Tibia - Season

I'd like to see Thompson Prestia Swallow and Lynch take the maximum time and try and play out a little "mini-season" in the last 6 weeks
We have Melbourne Brisbane and GWS in that block and good performances should be our aim to give confidence running into 2013

The news about Rory makes me very, very sad. :( Gutted. He was tracking so well after getting back from injury at the start of the year, and struck down by injury again. I hope he hasn't done something that rules him out for the pre-season too.

Lukey Russell also down with a hamstring.

We're seriously running out of men!

With Bock and Rory down, we're reduced to our third in line for the CHB position. May should hold up hopefully, but if he goes too... what do we have left?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back