Official: James Hird at Giants

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
🤨that is also true…..
My standard line when getting a needle or a blood test just as they’re about to put the needle in;

“Let me guess this is going to be like my wife’s sex life? A small prick so I won’t feel a thing?”

One 60-something Nurse said “I thought I’d seen & heard it all in this profession. But you nearly made me wet myself then”

Last edited:

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
A lot of posters seem ped-antic about this ... Wada ya think?

I’ll get my hat

I remember when this all was happening in 2013 and we played the Dons at Etihad. We were still a 5hit truck team of kids so had no chance of winning the game (although we were in it for a long time - leading at half time from memory)

There was a group of 5 or 6 20somethings
who were clearly still going from the night before and they started getting even looser when they hit the lead.

One of them got a little bit chirpy and from about 5 rows back I’ve just asked him “hey mate, I’ve just moved here from Sydney. When’s the best time to go fishing in the bay? High tide, low tide or pep tide?”

His whole group just cracked up and got in to him. Fair play to the kid, came up shook my hand and bought me a beer at 3/4 time (which they kicked 7 or 8 goals to 1)

That was still early doors for the Bombers fans and the 5hit that they went through.

Can’t believe that was 9 years ago. Damn.

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
I think this is a great move. We have lacked the input of an experienced senior coach around the group to help Leon. I hope the role evolves to more of a senior assistant.

Williams at richmond
Pike at the swans
Voss at port

Have all lead to quick on field improvements
Assume Hird's still planning to live in Melbourne which would preclude this?

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Not opposed to this

Would think Leon needs help with football strategy moreso than a character builder. Has anything happened over the off-season on that front?

Back