List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
could of kicked more for you blokes since you win more clearances. the thing we love about caddy is he's a reliable kick for goal and is the first to fly the flag or back a team mate up. which is talked up of lever having a go at townsend in the grand final about his stutter and caddy letting him no that shits not on
An anecdote about Caddy, Lever and Townsend... hard to imagine a bigger waste of my time.

His recent form makes you wonder if Josh was willing to play his current role whilst he was with us would he have had the same impact rather than wanting to be played in the midfield. The position ironically that he went to Richmond to play more of

His recent form makes you wonder if Josh was willing to play his current role whilst he was with us would he have had the same impact rather than wanting to be played in the midfield. The position ironically that he went to Richmond to play more of

He was averaging 1.8 goals a game as a forward in his last stretch at the club.

It's a bit like Howe leaving Melbourne to move from defense, six weeks into the season he was back in the same role and playing well.

As far as I'm concerned, trading a player that is still in his mid-20s (or younger) for less than the equivalent pick that they were originally taken for is essentially an admission that you stuffed up, either by selecting him in the first place, or in your development of him and that you're cutting your losses. Actively shopping both of the players that were our Gary Ablett compensation haul and who were supposed to be 200 game players at the club is depressing. It's the club saying that their underwhelming form is as good as it can ever see them getting.

If we'd selected more genuine best 22 players in the 2008-15 drafts, we would have more chance for long-term success. But we've only selected a handful of locked-in best 22 senior players from that period and precisely zero stars, by my count. And our short-term future of building via the draft doesn't look promising. We've had one pick in the top 14 in ten years an we're continuing to treat the first round of the draft (and future drafts) like an appointment to the dentist: can't be bothered this year, maybe they'll get around to it next year.

I think it's time to say "enough is enough" with the stopgaps. We need to rebuild aggressively through the draft from 2017-20 and I don't think we'll have much of a choice, given the way our post-Harry Taylor draft picks are tracking. They're not spring chickens anymore. Chris Scott continues to cop a lot of scrutiny for the club's performance post-2011 (with a lot of justification, in my opinion), but I think others, such as Stephen Wells, should also be held to account for the past five years. The list doesn't look like one that is built to win "now and five years from now" to me and it doesn't look like that has been the strategy for some time.

Development or selection had nothing to do with us "stuffing up" by getting Tim Kelly. The guy wanted to leave. Not our fault that he is lead around by his missus, and wanted to leave the club the moment he got there.

Trading out our "Gary Ablett" compo picks. One was for Smedts, who was a spud. The other was Caddy, who was a lazy prick who didn't put in the hard work, and just left when it suited him, not us.

Caddy is a lazy s**t who disgraced himself in the whole stunt of mock robbing another player's house, bringing us unneeded attention. He lied to us by saying that he loved Geelong, and wanted to stay, when we were doing the Brett Deledio deal, but once Deledio was off the table, he then suddenly decided he didn't love us after all, and went to Richmond anyway, because his bum chum Dion Prestia had just gone there. He cost us getting in a former Pick 1 and captain of his club, Brett Deledio, by lying to us (at least we dodged the bullet, because Deledio spent most of his time at GWS injured).

Josh Caddy was Steve Johnson pre-2007, someone with a lot of potential, but larked around, rather than working hard (at least SJ changed his tune). Caddy has been dropped at Richmond, because he didn't work hard enough in the midfield, and has had to play the easier position of forward pocket. If he busts a gut at Richmond, it is only because they have a stronger list, and he isn't guaranteed to be in the side, like he was with us. Our weaker list gifted him games.

Caddy is one of the biggest wastes of talent we have had. He was like the Geelong version of Jack Watts. All potential and no work ethic, and too many enablers making excuses for his lack of effort. We got in Parfitt on the pick we got from Richmond for him, and while Parfitt doesn't have Caddy's skills, he at least chases and tackles more than Caddy ever did for us.

Development or selection had nothing to do with us "stuffing up" by getting Tim Kelly. The guy wanted to leave. Not our fault that he is lead around by his missus, and wanted to leave the club the moment he got there.

Trading out our "Gary Ablett" compo picks. One was for Smedts, who was a spud. The other was Caddy, who was a lazy prick who didn't put in the hard work, and just left when it suited him, not us.

Caddy is a lazy s**t who disgraced himself in the whole stunt of mock robbing another player's house, bringing us unneeded attention. He lied to us by saying that he loved Geelong, and wanted to stay, when we were doing the Brett Deledio deal, but once Deledio was off the table, he then suddenly decided he didn't love us after all, and went to Richmond anyway, because his bum chum Dion Prestia had just gone there. He cost us getting in a former Pick 1 and captain of his club, Brett Deledio, by lying to us (at least we dodged the bullet, because Deledio spent most of his time at GWS injured).

Josh Caddy was Steve Johnson pre-2007, someone with a lot of potential, but larked around, rather than working hard (at least SJ changed his tune). Caddy has been dropped at Richmond, because he didn't work hard enough in the midfield, and has had to play the easier position of forward pocket. If he busts a gut at Richmond, it is only because they have a stronger list, and he isn't guaranteed to be in the side, like he was with us. Our weaker list gifted him games.

Caddy is one of the biggest wastes of talent we have had. He was like the Geelong version of Jack Watts. All potential and no work ethic, and too many enablers making excuses for his lack of effort. We got in Parfitt on the pick we got from Richmond for him, and while Parfitt doesn't have Caddy's skills, he at least chases and tackles more than Caddy ever did for us.
He got two premierships.Not bad going. He was put on the table and left as a consequence. What is wrong with that?

He got two premierships.Not bad going. He was put on the table and left as a consequence. What is wrong with that?

The fact that he didn't go when we had a deal going, and could have got a guy who was a No.1 pick into our club.

Either he needed to go when we could have got Deledio to come in, or he stays. If he was SO offended that we told him Richmond were interested in him, and what he thought about it, then he should have agreed to the deal that week, not a week later when we got less for it.

He was a selfish prick who puts himself before the club. Him getting two premierships is just proof that karma doesn't exist.

He was never put on the trade table by Geelong - It was Caddy, it at least his brother, who put him on the trade table by making the approach to Richmond:

His name was Saul Caddy; he wanted to introduce his brother Josh to Gale.

“It was just a chance meeting,” Gale revealed this week, eager to play down the importance of this never-before revealed conversation.

But what happened that night undoubtedly played a part in the Tigers securing Josh Caddy from Geelong in a surprise trade only weeks later — a player who would become a part of Richmond’s own fairytale success on the same day a year later, and a footballer rated as the AFL’s most improved this year according to Champion Data’s Official AFL Player Ratings.

“Saul just came up to and said ‘G’day’,” Gale told the Herald Sun. “I hadn’t seen him in years, I think he was still a bit dirty on not getting an opportunity all those years ago.

“Saul said that he would love to see Josh at Richmond. He didn’t bag Geelong or anything like that. He just indicated that Josh was a little bit restless...

...But as the talk narrowed, Gale raised his casual chat with Saul Caddy, and the unlikely opportunity it had presented for a club eager for a hard-bodied midfielder who was capable of going forward and kicking multiple goals.

“I just said to ‘Balmey’ (Neil Balme), (list manager) Blair (Hartley) and ‘Richo’ (then Tigers general manager of football talent Dan Richardson) that I had bumped into Saul, and that it might be worth following up,” Gale said.

“They went to work on it, and it had nothing to do with me. He was just the sort of player who made sense for us.”

As it turned out, Deledio chose the Giants, and Caddy — receptive to a move to Punt Rd and eager for more game time in the midfield — ended up being a shock trade to Richmond for picks 26 (Brandon Parfitt) and 60 (Quinton Narkle).

Gale gives all the credit for securing Caddy to Richmond’s list management team, who took his initial tip-off, and made it happen.

And this is Wells thread...
Caddy discussion from years ago will be moved if this goes pear shaped.

GO Catters

He was never put on the trade table by Geelong - It was Caddy, it at least his brother, who put him on the trade table by making the approach to Richmond:

His name was Saul Caddy; he wanted to introduce his brother Josh to Gale.

“It was just a chance meeting,” Gale revealed this week, eager to play down the importance of this never-before revealed conversation.

But what happened that night undoubtedly played a part in the Tigers securing Josh Caddy from Geelong in a surprise trade only weeks later — a player who would become a part of Richmond’s own fairytale success on the same day a year later, and a footballer rated as the AFL’s most improved this year according to Champion Data’s Official AFL Player Ratings.

“Saul just came up to and said ‘G’day’,” Gale told the Herald Sun. “I hadn’t seen him in years, I think he was still a bit dirty on not getting an opportunity all those years ago.

“Saul said that he would love to see Josh at Richmond. He didn’t bag Geelong or anything like that. He just indicated that Josh was a little bit restless...

...But as the talk narrowed, Gale raised his casual chat with Saul Caddy, and the unlikely opportunity it had presented for a club eager for a hard-bodied midfielder who was capable of going forward and kicking multiple goals.

“I just said to ‘Balmey’ (Neil Balme), (list manager) Blair (Hartley) and ‘Richo’ (then Tigers general manager of football talent Dan Richardson) that I had bumped into Saul, and that it might be worth following up,” Gale said.

“They went to work on it, and it had nothing to do with me. He was just the sort of player who made sense for us.”

As it turned out, Deledio chose the Giants, and Caddy — receptive to a move to Punt Rd and eager for more game time in the midfield — ended up being a shock trade to Richmond for picks 26 (Brandon Parfitt) and 60 (Quinton Narkle).

Gale gives all the credit for securing Caddy to Richmond’s list management team, who took his initial tip-off, and made it happen.

If so the question is why was he restless?
There is no crime in looking for an environment that suits a person better.
Ablett left and he is not referred to in a nasty manner.
Good luck to him as he got the result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If so the question is why was he restless?
There is no crime in looking for an environment that suits a person better.
Ablett left and he is not referred to in a nasty manner.
Good luck to him as he got the result
He wanted more midfield time at Geelong and rightly we didn’t give it to him

From memory every time he was in the midfield he either didn’t win the ball enough or broke down
Think Partridge is being facetious. 🤣

People on this board were claiming he was a 'bull' because of his size, when in reality he had an uncanny knack of trying and failing to break tackles and getting caught cold holding the ball. 🐂

Think Partridge is being facetious. 🤣

People on this board were claiming he was a 'bull' because of his size, when in reality he had an uncanny knack of trying and failing to break tackles and getting caught cold holding the ball. 🐂

Yeah in reality of course he was in between.

Everyone was desperate for him to become a star midfielder - so from the moment he stepped on the field with us he was called a 'contested bull'. A lot. He had some good and even great games for us. Some poor ones too. He wasn't a superstar - and isn't now - but he wasn't garbage either. I've always though his evasive ability was underrated and his ability to break tackles overrated. As it turns out he's now playing a totally different role. Seems to be working ok for him though.

Yeah but no

Job back to the Richmond board like a good 9th-mond supporter
I think he had a point though. Caddy was insecure with SS and Menegola looking like more natural mids when not injured.

Caddy was dropped to VFL to learn a new role on the wing. At least be factual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back