Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

Remove this Banner Ad

how he can even be questioned as a top level coach with how these players have been transformed is beyond me. so far we've seen kolarov spend at least 20 mins playing as a left back, centre back, left winger and last night a centre midfielder. and he hasn't looked out of place one little bit. it's just mesmerising and will only improve.

this is what i've been banging on about all pre season. he gets players he wants for his system. it's why we went after stones. look at how he comes in. pep knows he'll make errors. he's young. but his passing and ability to keep the ball away from the opponent is what makes him the centrepiece in this system currently.

Had this discussion with a mate before the Sunderland game. I don't think Pep minds a mistake as it means that people are trying stuff and we'll get the benefits of that more often than the odd cockup.

Have to say I don't quite share that view, but so far I think Stones has defended brilliantly as well as doing all the things he's known for with the ball at his feet.

But a couple of months with Pep in charge just highlights what a rubbish job MP did last year. The likes of Sterling and Kelechi must be buzzing, such a great opportunity for them to take their game to another level.

Loving De Bruyne right now, so does Pep it seems :)

What are people's thoughts on Hart? Hard done by or not? He's been a great servant if that's his shift over.

Obviously Pep doesn't have much love for the traditional shot stopper and favours having another playmaker who can use his hands. Still, it's just the one clean sheet for the season so far.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have made the change, but I think if Pep wants a particular type of keeper then you have to back him in.

He's a pretty strong figure in the dressing room, and I wonder if that played a part. But suspect it's more about Pep wanting someone better with the ball at his feet.

His last game was great though, big cheers every time he touched the ball. And he was flawless that night too.

annual report released overnight

in short.

20.5 mil profit, 11% increase in all revenues (broadcasting, matchday and commercial)
avg attendance increased by 8k, lead to a 21% increase in matchday revenue
0 debt, 677 mil net assets, wage/revenue turnover down to exactly 50%

http://annualreport2016.mancity.com/

annual report released overnight

in short.

20.5 mil profit, 11% increase in all revenues (broadcasting, matchday and commercial)
avg attendance increased by 8k, lead to a 21% increase in matchday revenue
0 debt, 677 mil net assets, wage/revenue turnover down to exactly 50%

http://annualreport2016.mancity.com/

Billionaires plaything being set up for sustained success.

It's a bloody disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i always do wonder just how long it will be until we see someone like this in the prem again. the man had everything.

Wasn't long at all....

Welcome back Yaya.

Gee he looked fit.

Playing Huddersfield away in the 5th round FA cup. Aaron Mooy derby.

Saw that, is he allowed to play against his parent club? Would be a great chance for him to try and advance his case for next season.

no, fa rules dont allow it.

Yeah, had a suspicion that might be the case. Could lead to all sorts of potential match fixing problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back