Official New Logo - Confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Geeky Grub

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I dont mind the new logo. I'm a Graphic Designer and i designed this logo for a local Footy Club a few months ago (also called the Crows) Changed it a bit to suit Adelaide.

CROWLOGO.jpg

xjamescleanx

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
not bad, probably prefer it to our new logo... would look a fair sight better without that austext subtitle looking white on red joint in the bottom

wtf is that

haha

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Not 100% sold on it... but it's a massive improvement on the abomination which the club have actually adopted.

DirrtyBee

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2007
Gulfview Heights
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
It looks so out of place on the AFL site and afc.com looks so awkward haha
I don't understand why the blue isn't a NAVY blue. I probally would like it better if the colors matched the home jumper

kaij10

Senior List
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Okay the logo is here to stay :( However I would love it if they get rid of that grade 1 text under the raven face!

P.A.F.C

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
West Bromwich Albion
Signage around AAMI has changed to the new logo, in case anyone cares. Looks interesting...

WALL-e

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Magic, Sturt, Ravens, Duke
Richmonds probably got the best IMO, and we all know their history.....So this could be a good thing, maybe there's a reverse correlation between good logos and sucess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
After seeing the rest, ours would be right up there as the worst. Closely followed by the Powers and Melbournes non existant logo.

Alex99

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s a logo; it’s not that big of a deal.

GE money, one of, if not the largest company in the world has a logo that is disgraceful. It’s boring, it's bland but it’s effective. However they still provide a very worthy produce and service. Microsoft, another crap logo, but does anyone really notice this? They still officer a service everyone wants or needs.

The crow’s logo is virtually irrelevant, simply for proof, see Wall-E post about Richmond.

The product or service we provide will take care of any selling point we are offering. The logo doesn’t.

WALL-e

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Magic, Sturt, Ravens, Duke
Good point, basically designed to pull the kiddies (please don't turn that dirty) to the club.

The 'logo' of our club to the supporters, and those who fear our club will be Dangerfield, Tippett, Vince, Walker, MacKay etc.

relapse

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
I can't believe the club didn't realise that logo looks like an undefinable blue blob when shrunk.

Mowse

Team Captain
Aug 5, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knights
Richmonds probably got the best IMO, and we all know their history.....So this could be a good thing, maybe there's a reverse correlation between good logos and sucess.

tigercrow.jpg

FIXED!:)
Premiership here we come!

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It’s a logo; it’s not that big of a deal.

GE money, one of, if not the largest company in the world has a logo that is disgraceful. It’s boring, it's bland but it’s effective. However they still provide a very worthy produce and service. Microsoft, another crap logo, but does anyone really notice this? They still officer a service everyone wants or needs.

The crow’s logo is virtually irrelevant, simply for proof, see Wall-E post about Richmond.

The product or service we provide will take care of any selling point we are offering. The logo doesn’t.

Except ours is supposed to be featuring on our new away strip.

aneale

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Except ours is supposed to be featuring on our new away strip.

Exactly. I don't mind changing the logo, I even like the concept of the new logo, it's just a poor attempt at design. This wouldn't normally bother me as much if it weren't for the fact that this dreadful design (which is also the wrong colour) will wind up on the away guernsey so it will be in our face 11 times a year, just on field, take away all the times the image will be re-shown and printed in the media.

crowing23

Rookie
Jun 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC, Miami Heat
they should have surveyed all the members before releasing it. Im sure the club want members and supporters to be happy with the logo as well.

Hondo

Club Legend
Aug 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
they should have surveyed all the members before releasing it. Im sure the club want members and supporters to be happy with the logo as well.

If the club ran every decision past the members they'd never decide anything!

If you poll the members on things like this the anti-change factor would mean everything would stay as it was in 1991. As a club, we can't get stuck like that. Because a lot of Crows fans I speak with are ambivalent the anti-change faction would kill it. The "don't cares" won't vote, a % of those in favour will forget to vote and the vocal minority who hate it will rally 100% and win. It happens all the time in referendums.

I know you aren't suggesting a referendum but even a simple survey becomes pointless unless the club follows the results - turning it into a referendum effectively.

I think in 12 months time the % of people that hate it will be far less. Human nature is that we just get used to things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad