Official Off-Season Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

am i reading correctly when i see gasol signed a 3 year $48 million deal?

thats a lot of coin for a 37 year old

3rd year partial guarantee

Is there any chance wiggins can get packaged into a deal for Kyrie

If so that is a serious big 3 the Wolves could put together

KAT, Buckets and Kyrie

Is there any chance wiggins can get packaged into a deal for Kyrie

If so that is a serious big 3 the Wolves could put together

KAT, Buckets and Kyrie

He'll become known as Pong Wiggins.

qt4yZVL.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is no one in here going to be critical for Rose signing for minimum? Durant signs for 7M less and he's the worst person in the world, but Rose signs for 15M less and no one bats an eyelid.

nsplqUF.gif
Was anyone actually offering DRose anywhere near +15M on what he took?

I sincerely hope you're trolling :D

I'm not saying they are the same quality player (obviously not even close). But going from complete outrage for Durant to not a word mentioned for Rose is crazy.

At the end of the day Durant is getting 25M. A lot of money. Still a Top 10 paid player in the league. Rose is still a 15M quality player, and signs for 2M.

If the Warriors don't exist, Cavs would be paying $1.80 for the chip.

Tell me what the boards reaction would have been if Rose signs with the Warriors for minimum?

Is no one in here going to be critical for Rose signing for minimum? Durant signs for 7M less and he's the worst person in the world, but Rose signs for 15M less and no one bats an eyelid.

nsplqUF.gif

I would expect him and the Cavs have an understanding about the next contract. He's still 28 going on 29. Would not be surprised if his next deal is 3/$50m or something if he holds his s**t together.

And well, he gets to share the court with Lebron and his goofy white sidekick. Sharing handling duties is probably a good idea for his body as well.

I'm not saying they are the same quality player (obviously not even close). But going from complete outrage for Durant to not a word mentioned for Rose is crazy.

But that's the market for Rose! It's not like he's turning down mega bucks elsewhere - the MLE from a good team was the best case scenario for him.

Turns out he couldn't even get that - he's getting the same deal as Tyreke Evans in essence, give or take a million.

At the end of the day Durant is getting 25M. A lot of money. Still a Top 10 paid player in the league. Rose is still a 15M quality player, and signs for 2M.

Durant is a supermax player in his prime who switched to the best team in the league and then re-negotiated his contract after one year.

Rose is a one-time star coming off multiple injuries, a rape case, bizarre life choices and in a tepid market. He's signing a one year deal, no more no less. If he plays well and the Cavs want to keep him, it's going to cost them a lot of luxury tax dollars.

The two situations are not even remotely alike.

If the Warriors don't exist, Cavs would be paying $1.80 for the chip.

Tell me what the boards reaction would have been if Rose signs with the Warriors for minimum?

It'd probably be harsher for the Dubs than the Cavs, a product of being the reigning champs.

But in reality, Rose has more in common with Brian Williams aka Bison Dele joining the Bulls for their '97 run than Durant. He jumped aboard, contributed OK and parlayed it into a big pay deal in Detroit a few months later.

I should add that I'm not someone who has a problem with a guy like David West joining the Dubs. He spent his entire prime in small markets trying to win a championship, then left money on the table for a chance to win one in his final years. No problem with those kinds of deals at all IMO.

But that's the market for Rose! It's not like he's turning down mega bucks elsewhere - the MLE from a good team was the best case scenario for him.

Turns out he couldn't even get that - he's getting the same deal as Tyreke Evans in essence, give or take a million.

I think Rose could get 15M. Surely. I mean he's obviously a shadow of his former self, but he's still a 18/4/4 guy who would make a team $5M just on the marketing side of things.

Durant is a supermax player in his prime who switched to the best team in the league and then re-negotiated his contract after one year.

I'm just talking about the contract he signed. He came at max to the Warriors remember. Warriors had to move players to get him. Rose has come in at minimum. He didn't sign at $10M and told the Cavs that you need to move players to get me in.

Rose is a one-time star coming off multiple injuries, a rape case, bizarre life choices and in a tepid market. He's signing a one year deal, no more no less. If he plays well and the Cavs want to keep him, it's going to cost them a lot of luxury tax dollars.

The two situations are not even remotely alike.

I'm not saying they are the same, but "world ending reaction", vs "no reaction" doesn't seem right.

Also Rose is a 3 time all star for the record.

It'd probably be harsher for the Dubs than the Cavs, a product of being the reigning champs.

It would be a lot harsher. People would be ripping into Rose and the Warriors.

But in reality, Rose has more in common with Brian Williams aka Bison Dele joining the Bulls for their '97 run than Durant. He jumped aboard, contributed OK and parlayed it into a big pay deal in Detroit a few months later.

You comparing these two situations sort of puts it into perspective of how lol the public reaction is to this. Brian Williams was a pick up at the end of a season (like Bogut this season). Rose has signed on for the full season. Rose is probably going to be the starting point guard if Kyrie leaves. Dude is still a decent player. Perfect for the Cavs who need someone who can score.

I should add that I'm not someone who has a problem with a guy like David West joining the Dubs. He spent his entire prime in small markets trying to win a championship, then left money on the table for a chance to win one in his final years. No problem with those kinds of deals at all IMO.

Now you are comparing the situation to David West? What? David West is 36 years old. Rose is 28 years old. You are saying that Durant signing for only a Top 10 league contract isn't comparable to Rose, but Rose is comparable to West? Come-on SOS. That's a worse comparison. Why not compare him to Parish on the 96 Bulls?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back