Official Off-Season Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...riend-Australia-alleged-fraud-basketball.html

Brown went to a municipal Magistrates Court in Brisbane on Friday to testify in the trial of former friend Shane Heal, who is under investigation by Australia's equivalent of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Brisbane is Australia's third-largest city.

Heal, who had two stints in the NBA, has been charged by Australia's Securities and Investments Commission over various incidents of misconduct in 2008, 2009 and 2010. Brown is a witness in the case.

The Australian Associated Press reported that Brown claimed on the stand that Heal defrauded him of $750,000 Australian - around $558,000 U.S.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking Mo Speights might be a good Jazz target in free agency. Only going to be on about 2 million, and would provide a solid backup at centre that will allow Favours to play more PF, especially if Rudy misses any time. Shoots the 3 ball well, crashes the boards, good experience. For a team that needs to be savvy with using cap on backups I think he's a really good option.

Thinking Mo Speights might be a good Jazz target in free agency. Only going to be on about 2 million, and would provide a solid backup at centre that will allow Favours to play more PF, especially if Rudy misses any time. Shoots the 3 ball well, crashes the boards, good experience. For a team that needs to be savvy with using cap on backups I think he's a really good option.

I would have thought he could get more than $2M a season. I was surprised by how cheap LAC got him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back