Official Off-Season Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would take him? Shown he has to be THE guy but not good enough these days to win with him as the main man. Only place it might work is Cleveland but what would they give up the Knicks would want?
They'll end up taking scraps just to get him to leave, this is why you don't give guys no trade clauses.

I gotta go with Charles on this one. Completely different situations. They didn't join together in their prime. 36, 33 and 33 years old when they played together.

Before that it was Olajuwon, Drexler & Charles tho :p

I think the best comparison there is the 2008 Celtics, although Olajuwon and Drexler had already won their ring/s before Barkley joined up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beautiful
Ahhh, this takes me back to the days where the Knicks finished the season with a flurry of wins, handing us the #1 pick and future MVP Karl-Anthony Towns.

Good times.

Before that it was Olajuwon, Drexler & Charles tho :p

I think the best comparison there is the 2008 Celtics, although Olajuwon and Drexler had already won their ring/s before Barkley joined up.

oops. ****ed that up. Got the seasons wrong. So they were 33, 35 and 36 in that season of Scottie, Hakeem and Barkley.

In the season with Drexler, Barkley and Hakeem, it was 33, 34 and 34.

So different to what LeBron/Durant did.

The Boston thing sort of falls in between with them all being around 30. I would argue that is the end of their primes.

Last edited:
The Boston thing sort of falls in between with them all being around 30. I would argue that is the end of their primes.

Yeah, although 30 in the modern game is probably the equivalent of 32 in the 80s and 90s - extended college careers and all.

I didn't have a problem with Garnett and Allen joining Boston when they did. Garnett gave Minny 12 good years and they needed a complete rebuild.

It's a bit different to the Heatles or Durant.

Yeah, although 30 in the modern game is probably the equivalent of 32 in the 80s and 90s - extended college careers and all.

I didn't have a problem with Garnett and Allen joining Boston when they did. Garnett gave Minny 12 good years and they needed a complete rebuild.

It's a bit different to the Heatles or Durant.
35 in the West is 30 in the East.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back