Official Off-Season Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Good lesson for other young players coming into the league. Don't be an unprofessional s**t lord.
Jabari Parker, who transcended the choice to work out by giving the Cavs, who had the first pick in the 2014 draft, a workout, but subsequently tanking that workout

Steph curry refused to work out for Memphis

Marcus smart refused to work out for Utah

Ben Simmons, DLo, Okafor, Towns, Dekker, Kaminsky... the list continues

So with Afflalo now being waived, the Kings have Ben McLemore left who they need to get rid of. How they can keep him but get rid of good servents like Tolliver and Lawson is baffling.

He's had enough chances to prove himself and he hasn't anything to this point. What's even worse is that the player who they got rid of instead of him in Stauskas improved a lot last season with the 76ers.

With a tone of cap space available now the Kings should target someone like Otto Porter. He would be a perfect fit at the three spot.

PG: Fox
G: Hield
F: Jackson
PF: Labissiere
C: Cauley-Stein

Bench
Collison
Temple
Giles
Papagiannis
Richardson
Mason III
Koufos

Jabari Parker, who transcended the choice to work out by giving the Cavs, who had the first pick in the 2014 draft, a workout, but subsequently tanking that workout

Unprofessional crap by all of them.

Insult to all the countless players who bust their arses off just to to get to the NBA.

The difference here is Jackson didn't just refuse to work out for a team. He wasted a whole day of their time in an incredibly important and busy day for teams leading up to the draft and he flat out lied to the world about his contract with people.

Low character individual.

John Elway and Eli Manning famous examples of players refusing to play for a particular team

Unprofessional crap by all of them.

Insult to all the countless players who bust their arses off just to to get to the NBA.

The difference here is Jackson didn't just refuse to work out for a team. He wasted a whole day of their time in an incredibly important and busy day for teams leading up to the draft and he flat out lied to the world about his contract with people.

Low character individual.

Oh, FFS. He refused a workout. Posting up a chair, sinking uncontested threes, stepping around a development coach. Gawd. If that really was the difference between drafting him and not, then the emperor has no clothes.

What does a workout get the team that months of game tape doesn't? They are better off interviewing him.

R.I.P Clippers. Paul and Griffin are opting out of their contract and go to FA.

View attachment 385073
Were at the same level if not better than Golden State a few years back. Golden State just went on in leaps and bounds from the Steve Kerr era onwards. Wouldn't mind seeing some hightlights of that 7 game series where the clippers got up which was the end for Mark Jackson. I remember Dramond playing with so much heart with Bogut being out. Some great basketball between the two teams. A true rivalry at the time.

This image sums it up.
hqdefault.jpg

those unis were different

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were at the same level if not better than Golden State a few years back. Golden State just went on in leaps and bounds from the Steve Kerr era onwards. Wouldn't mind seeing some hightlights of that 7 game series where the clippers got up which was the end for Mark Jackson. I remember Dramond playing with so much heart with Bogut being out. Some great basketball between the two teams. A true rivalry at the time.

This image sums it up.
hqdefault.jpg

those unis were different

Yeah I remember that, it's amazing how things have changed. Clippers couldn't manage to get into the NBA Final with that lineup although they had OKC and Spurs to compete against.

I wonder whether DJ will stay since CP and BG are leaving?

Your future won't be exciting if you play Buddy at PG! :eek:

You've got about ten shooting guards and five bigs on your roster... so you should be drafting Fox and a forward who can defend. Should being the operative word.

Hey I was just naming players we actually currently had on the Roster.

Now it goes

SG: Hield

:thumbsu:

Oh, FFS. He refused a workout. Posting up a chair, sinking uncontested threes, stepping around a development coach. Gawd. If that really was the difference between drafting him and not, then the emperor has no clothes.

What does a workout get the team that months of game tape doesn't? They are better off interviewing him.

There's medical records they with hold, there's sitting down to talk to the people who have taken the time to come watch you. An opportunity to find out about your character and your thoughts on the game. Watching game tapes doesn't highlight many things.

He wouldn't meet them so how do they interview him? Dude flat out lied he'd spoken to coaching staff.

If you're going to be weak as piss and try and pick teams you want to play for that's fine, just own it and don't paint yourself as a bullshit artist by trying to spin it like you're misunderstood or misquoted.

Hey I was just naming players we actually currently had on the Roster.

Now it goes

SG: Hield

:thumbsu:

Lets just say your rebuild could not be going any better on paper right now :handok:

It's how I wish Dell had handled the rebuild around Davis

There's medical records they with hold, there's sitting down to talk to the people who have taken the time to come watch you. An opportunity to find out about your character and your thoughts on the game. Watching game tapes doesn't highlight many things.

He wouldn't meet them so how do they interview him? Dude flat out lied he'd spoken to coaching staff.

If you're going to be weak as piss and try and pick teams you want to play for that's fine, just own it and don't paint yourself as a bullshit artist by trying to spin it like you're misunderstood or misquoted.

Watching how they play competitive basketball isn't helpful in determining whether you should draft them to play competitive basketball?

Lets just say your rebuild could not be going any better on paper right now :handok:

It's how I wish Dell had handled the rebuild around Davis

Yeah I'll happily eat humble pie and say the DMC trade was better than my initial reaction and the organisation has done nothing but the right thing do help us build from the ground up. We've got a good young core, we've got a great coach, brand new arena and it's all up from here on in. Probably our own negative is that Bos has our '19 first round pick but hopefully by then we'll be pushing for that 8th seed anyway.

We have so much cap space it's actually ludicrous and I expect us to take on a few bad contracts with the addition of picks as I think currently it's sitting at around 55mil space and we have 10 players who aren't being traded.

I must have read at least 4 draft reviews on the Net who all have the Pelicans an N/A rating for not having a pick in the draft.

What the actual f@ck? How can you rate yourself good enough to be a critic and not pay attention to what's actually happening?

My God

Having said that, when a pick is traded, having the former team read out the pick for the new team's owner is f@cking stupid, just have the actual team who's making the pick read it out. It makes no sense the current way and is confusing.

Last edited:
So with Afflalo now being waived, the Kings have Ben McLemore left who they need to get rid of. How they can keep him but get rid of good servents like Tolliver and Lawson is baffling.

He's had enough chances to prove himself and he hasn't anything to this point. What's even worse is that the player who they got rid of instead of him in Stauskas improved a lot last season with the 76ers.

With a tone of cap space available now the Kings should target someone like Otto Porter. He would be a perfect fit at the three spot.

G: Hield
F: Jackson
PF: Labissiere
C: Cauley-Stein

Bench
Collison
Temple
Giles
Papagiannis
Richardson
Mason III
Koufos

I really just hope we take a couple bad contracts and some first round picks with our spots. I mean Porter would be great too but I wouldn't mind another top 5 pick (from tanking) + whatever we can get in the way of trades

I must have read at least 4 draft reviews on the Net who all have the Pelicans an N/A rating for not having a pick in the draft.

What the actual f@ck? How can you rate yourself good enough to be a critic and not pay attention to what's actually happening?

My God

Having said that, when a pick is traded, having the former team read out the pick for the new team's owner is f@cking stupid, just have the actual team who's making the pick read it out. It makes no sense the current way and is confusing.

Not sure about that case, but a lot of the time it's due to the trade to get that pick hasn't been approved by the league at that point, so technically the correct team's name is being used.

Not sure about that case, but a lot of the time it's due to the trade to get that pick hasn't been approved by the league at that point, so technically the correct team's name is being used.

Ah ok, I guess it makes sense technically but yeah

My point still stands about decent websites reviewing the draft but blatantly fvcking up, it's inexcusable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back