Official Off-Season Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Cavs should use us in a 3 or 4 or 5 way (sounds more fun the more parties involved).
Cavs get: Milsap + decent rotation piece
Someone else gets: Love (aww)
Hawks get: Expiring contracts + good lottery pick from Someone Else(s)

Does replacing Love with Milsap make them better? I think so. Milsap is more versatile and more dangerous in more lineups.
We don't need Millsap we need PG. Love and Thompson clearly didn't work against the Warriors in the Finals so we need to go smaller. I think it's time LeBron plays the 4 to facilitate PG.

Clips self combusting, this is beautiful. Blake will go now, too.

Someone needs to put crying Jordan on DeAndre

After they held him hostage too, they all just walked out on him

Last edited:
I actually don't hate the move by the Clippers. They obvious think Blake is going to leave. At least they got something for Paul. Also is Paul worth 200M? He's shown some injury concerns the last two years, plus he's 32 next year. It would have been a big risk for LAC.

Probably a Top 10 point guard of all time in my eyes, but 200M would be a huge risk on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow a lot to catch up on. George and Melo is the plan. A lot of lovers of the ball but I guess GSW has shown you have to share as superstars to win. Glad we're having a crack even if it is likely to blow up in our faces. I'd imagine Ariza and Anderson go but hopefully Capela and Gordon remain. Capela is perfect 5 for a super team.

Only one source to corroborate this, and sort of Big Baby when he hated on Doc on that KG show but...

CP3 hated Doc and Austin

[Chris] Paul’s relationship with Doc Rivers started to deteriorate rapidly after the Clippers acquired Austin Rivers. Several members of the team felt Austin acted entitled because his dad was both the coach and the President of Basketball Operations. In the view of the tenured players, Austin Rivers never tried to fit in, and when players tried to address the situation with him, he still did not respond the way the core of the team wanted him to. It led to resentment within the locker room, which often played out during games. One of Paul’s biggest contentions with Doc was that Paul, and other players, felt Doc treated Austin more favorably than other players. He would yell at guys for certain things during games and practices, but not get on Austin in the same manner for similar transgressions.

Doc could have had Melo for Austin, Crawford and Pierce

But what really solidified Paul’s dissatisfaction with Doc was a proposed trade involving Carmelo Anthony last season. New York offered Carmelo and Sasha Vujacic to the Clippers in exchange for Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce and Austin Rivers, a deal to which Rivers ultimately said no. That event led Paul to feel that keeping his son on the roster was more important to Doc than improving the team. So, ultimately, Paul lost both trust and faith in Doc. As one league executive put it, “Chris despises Doc.”

Clips have made a start on the rebuild with that trade. Not sure if they'll keep Beverley or flip him but Dekker and Harrell are decent.

Who's left on the Rockets bench?

No hate for the point god, lifted the clippers from the bottom and made them relevant even if it wasn't his first choice to join us.

I and many clippers fans dislike Doc in the organisation but I doubt the whole father son rumours had anything to do with it. I also doubt Blake will leave, he will get paid and there is massive room for more points and assists now obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back