Official Off-Season Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

No hate for the point god, lifted the clippers from the bottom and made them relevant even if it wasn't his first choice to join us.

I and many clippers fans dislike Doc in the organisation but I doubt the whole father son rumours had anything to do with it. I also doubt Blake will leave, he will get paid and there is massive room for more points and assists now obviously.

Weird reason (i.e excuse) to use as the only reason Doc Rivers has hung around the clippers for so long, after displaying his ineptitude for many years, is because the Front Office didn't want to upset CP by getting rid of River's incompetent ass particularly in the General Manager's department.

Now CP is supposedly leaving because of the turd he demanded the Clips hire from Boston and then protected him from being fired? Makes no sense whatsoever, I think the real reason has nothing to do with Rivers and probably more with his desire for keeping his money and having the flexibility to play with Lebron in 2018/19.

I think if the Clippers want to get serious about this rebuild, they need to punt Deandre off somewhere and trade for Jahlil Okafor, he's only 19 and rolls out of bed getting 20 and 10 and can lead this franchise from out of the wilderness into the light.

Glorious... just glorious :D

“What really solidified Paul’s dissatisfaction with Doc was a proposed trade involving Carmelo Anthony last season,” Eaves wrote. “New York offered Carmelo and Sasha Vujacic to the Clippers in exchange for Jamal Crawford, Paul Pierce and Austin Rivers, a deal to which Rivers ultimately said no.

Rightfully so tbh, its a bad trade

Our bench last year was basically Gordon, Lou and Nene. We have kept Gordon and should be able to get Nene back if we want him. We will need to replace Lou's minutes somehow. Ariza still going to be asked to play 40 mins a game. We really need to find another 3 and D type. Dunno how Morey going to achieve that.

Sad to see Bev go. Great player for his contract and fun to have on the team.

No idea how Dantoni gonna work this but atleast we aren't going to die wondering.

So am I the only one who questions how a Paul/Harden back court is going to be effective?

both good spot up shooters, both amazing p'n'r playmakers

their minutes will be staggered so that one of them is on the court as the playmaker at all times

exciting

Our bench last year was basically Gordon, Lou and Nene. We have kept Gordon and should be able to get Nene back if we want him. We will need to replace Lou's minutes somehow. Ariza still going to be asked to play 40 mins a game. We really need to find another 3 and D type. Dunno how Morey going to achieve that.

No idea how Dantoni gonna work this but atleast we aren't going to die wondering.

$11m trade exception could help us acquire decent depth pretty easily imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Paul was a FA?

He opted into the last year of his deal, means he left about $11m on the table this season but is still able to get the 5 year max deal next year. Gave us much more flexibility as far as FA's go.

Pity Dekker got let go, I really like him coming off the rockets bench

Don't think CP3 plans to stay around for more than 1 year at the Rockets tbh. This just seems like a nice way to keep his max money with the added flexibility of being able to sign for whichever team he wants in 2018/19, or at least that's what some claim is the reasoning behind this decision as I'm not well-versed in the intricacies and loopholes of NBA contracts. The Banana Boat crew is a strong possibility perhaps minus washed up Wade and Melo.

$11m trade exception could help us acquire decent depth pretty easily imo
Nene would cost us about 3mil. Leaves to MLE for another player. Depends on what we go for, I still think there will be a hole on our bench.

Nene would cost us about 3mil. Leaves to MLE for another player. Depends on what we go for, I still think there will be a hole on our bench.

weve got a full $8.4M MLE plus $3.2 bi-annual exception, ontop of that huge trade exception

the bench wont be amazing but i think it will be decent

We don't need Millsap we need PG. Love and Thompson clearly didn't work against the Warriors in the Finals so we need to go smaller. I think it's time LeBron plays the 4 to facilitate PG.

I agree PG is a better player but also quite difficult for you to trade for unless Indiana are happy to downgrade their roster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back