Player Sponsorship Official Player Sponsorship 2015 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

Its that time of year again where we need to get an idea of what we can raise for our player sponsorship for the 2015 season.

We are looking at a custom made package from the club based on feedback we've given them that we are after more along the event side of things.

We may be able to organise a couple of different options (the club is finalising the official player sponsor packages) based on what we can raise.

The tailored option that we have been offered to start with is:
4 locker room tickets to each home game in 2015
4 tickets to the season launch
Lunch/Dinner with a player at the Port club

This is $6,800 + gst so will require more funds than we have raised in the past, but also involves more things to offer the contributors than we've been able to in the past. It also doesnt involve an official player sponsor, but we may be able to organise to be linked with a player, similar to what we did in 2012 with the captains club membership + link with John Butcher.

The other option is to go back to the club and request an option with maybe 2 or 3 locker room tickets per game + an official player sponsorship which may be a bit cheaper and would involve some merch items to offer those that cant get to some of the events.

Pledges would need to be in the range of $120-$200 to guarantee a shot at winning a ticket to one of these events. The locker room is a really great experience with free food and drink before the game, a player/coach interview before the game, all whilst being able to watch the players in the rooms before, during and after the match. Of course if people cant afford $120 but still want to contribute, every bit counts and you will still be classed as a sponsor.

As usual Bigfooty will kick things off with $200. Both FishingRick and myself will also chip in $200 each to get things moving as well.

So what we need answers for is:

a) What sort of package we want - More locker room tickets, or less tickets + official player sponsor

b) Who is in and what can you pledge?

Player sponsor, don't care about events or merch, i'm up for $100 to $150.

Why does a player actually need a sponsor may I ask?

They don't.

Player Sponsorship + Captain's Club are essentially a type of low level corporate sponsorship aimed at small to medium business, well heeled supporters, and at least one web board.

In for $200.

I'll pass on the locker room tickets - was fortunate enough to get that opportunity in 2014 so happy for others who haven't experienced it to get a go.

In for $200.

I'll pass on the locker room tickets - was fortunate enough to get that opportunity in 2014 so happy for others who haven't experienced it to get a go.

6800 / 200 = 34 full contributors

4 x 11 = 44 locker room tix

$200 x2. My friend will want to get on board this, especially if we get locker room tickets.

Also, I agree with Portia. A player is a must.

When do we need to have it finalised? May have some dosh after Christmas to contribute

Have to find out from the club but normally its around late Feb when the money needs to be paid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In for $200.

Is it possible to get a package where I start as the sub against a lowly side, now that we're good?

That's a 200k package.

I would assume for contributors that if you can't match the higher amount you will still be treated equally, this has been the case in previous seasons.

I would assume for contributors that if you can't match the higher amount you will still be treated equally, this has been the case in previous seasons.

This should be true but shouldn't necessarily be advertised. ;)

Someone asked

Pledges would need to be in the range of $120-$200 to guarantee a shot at winning a ticket to one of these events.

Of course if people cant afford $120 but still want to contribute, every bit counts and you will still be classed as a sponsor.

ppl need 2 learn 2 not tl;dr

Ok just a bit of background and why this offer seems strange. When we did the Foundation Leader donation in 2011 we had 30 people contribute $6.3k so we figured based on that, we could do a player sponsorship for 2012. In 2012 the player sponsorship package was $2.8k and we easily met that target so Paul Rofe suggested we upscale and did a good deal for us in both 2012 and 2013. In 2014 he left and Rebecca looked after us and a player sponsor package had dropped to $1.7k so Ford once again negotiated a captains club + player sponsorship type package with a couple of extra goodies.

Rick went in and spoke to the new guy and as Rick does a business type sponsorship with the club, and Ford Macca and I gave him minimal instructions, Kostas offered him a package that was more business type than a fan type player sponsor. We are an unusual group for the club and we dont fit into a neat little box, so a bit of flexibility from the club and clear guidelines from us, I reckon will see us come up with a pretty good package.

Rick is a big fan of the Locker Room and I think thats why so many Locker Room tickets were offered. We had a discussion about it last night and I have thought about this a bit more today, especially after reading the initial posts in this thread.

In the 3 years we have done this we have had between 35 and 38 contributors and raised $4.9k in 2012, then $5.1k and then $6.4k. I reckon $7.5k is a bit much as you always get people drop out after their initial pledge. Plus last year Moses01 double upped and a few people put in an extra $50. I reckon 35-40 is the sort of contributor numbers we will get. Not everyone will contribute $200 and I reckon the base contribution should be $120 at this stage.

I said last night to the guys that from my experience having a player attached to our group's sponsorship is what people want. From the responses so far that seems to be confirmed 100%.

I reckon we go for a $5k to $6k package that includes GST and at the max is $6k+ GST = $6.6k. I reckon we should try and package up something like the following,

* 2 tickets to the season launch in March. This is a standing up event at AO with finger food and drinks and we get a glimpse of what the club will be doing for the year. Its pretty casual night.

* 2 tickets to the player sponsorship dinner at Alberton in April, where 2 Bigfooty people pick the player and sit with the player for dinner plus 2 other players and their 2 sponsors - so its a table of 9. So you get to meet 3 players in total over dinner and can go and talk to others and Bigfooty gets branding on the player's locker. In 2013 we picked Broadie, had a good chat at the event and then every time at post game functions at Alberton we would say g'day and have a chat about the game and other stuff. This is a more formal night.

* 2 x 11 = 22 Locker Room game day experience tickets. Rick can tell you more about the experience and where you sit between quarters.

* 4 tickets to the B&F dinner at the end of year. They sit you on table of 10 and to have 4 Bigfooty people on a table is better than 2 and with us expected to make a GF or win the flag this will probably be a very big night. The club sold out its 1,700 people B&F event this year. It was a record crowd because people want to be there to celebrate a big year. This is a more formal night.

* Lunch/Dinner with the player like in 2013 and 2014 at the Port Club. But we should push the club for it to be in May not July.

So that gives us 30 event tickets for the year which would cover nearly every contributor given about 5 live outside SA and not everyone wants to go to the events. We could ask for 2 Power Goes tickets or maybe 4 season launch tickets.

The Locker Room is more flexible than the Before the Bounce lunches/dinners which we have received in the past, as you dont have to dress up and dont have to get there so early and easier for us to set up the tickets with attendees. It also means guys like Eddie Dingle and TheFVK who live outside SA and have contributed every year, can get access to an event if they give us the heads up they will be back for a game. I think if you have made 4 years contribution and never been to an event, then we should allocate them a ticket when they are in town, rather than be subject to a random draw like the rest of us.

Anyway that's my thoughts, so please give us some feedback. We could ask for more events, but my main concern is we should attach our group to a particular player and I dont think we will raise $7.5k.

Is there any surplus in the kitty from last year?

I am thinking that given the place that the club is at at the moment, we should be able to raise quite a bit.

Maybe we should wait a month or so for pledges to come through and then we'll have some idea of what we'll raise, and can go back to the club with that.

Is there any surplus in the kitty from last year?

I am thinking that given the place that the club is at at the moment, we should be able to raise quite a bit.

Maybe we should wait a month or so for pledges to come through and then we'll have some idea of what we'll raise, and can go back to the club with that.

There is a few hundred dollars as a couple of people paid extra after we had to make the final payment in March. Nothing is set in stone yet, this is the planning stage. People might be more generous than previous years. Also I just remembered that TPFP people have come over this year, so some of them might jump on board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back