Player Sponsorship Official Player Sponsorship 2015 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We're meant to sponsor players, which helps our club. There should be no rewards expected, but anything is a bonus.

Its not about what your club can do for you, it's what you can do for your club !!!!!
Platinum BigFooty membership, man, not PAFC membership.

Dem ads. :(

Many thanks to the Bigfooty Port Adelaide player sponsorship board I was fortunate to do the Locker Room experience. Of course the result was disappointing, disheartening even. But I did get to meet Forzaport briefly when I collected the tickets, and TheFVK at the game, so I reckon I came out in front. Two of the nicest fellows you could wish to meet.

I arrived an hour before game started and met up with TheFVK soon after. We went down to the locker room, had a Peroni as waiters bought around sandwiches, party pies - pasties, fried chickpea balls, dim-sims. All very nice food. Barry Curtin interviewed Darcy Byrne-Jones, though I didn't catch much of what was said. Seemed a very level headed young bloke. We watched the players through the window as they warmed up, both before the game, and at half time. It is indeed an experience.

We then made our way up to our seats. TheFVK headed off to get us a beer, and I made the rookie mistake of not staying until he returned and went down to the toilet. When we got back the seats were taken and we were separated for the first half. There were plenty of seats in the second half, so it worked out OK in the end.

We didn't go down to the locker room after the game. I expect it would have been pretty sombre in there anyway. It was though, a beautifully organised evening.

I try to remember the words of b0ydman, 'It's entertainment'. Doesn't help.

Shame about the result but a top night out at the footy nonetheless! Seeing the inner workings of the changeroom was a bit surreal, no Hendo slip-ups and unfortunately we didn't get to see a song this time but the free beers helped to numb the pain. Saansa was fantastic company and a true gentleman, even lending me his coat as I sat there shivering having foolishly thought my beer jacket would be enough! Thanks to those who organised and to Saansa for putting up with me, very much recommend the experience.

Kostas form the club rang me this arvo putting forward that our dinner with Krak has tentatively been scheduled for Wednesday 12th August at The Port Club, with a start time or 6.30 or 7.00 pm.

So can I have some feedback as to who can make it. It would be good if we get at least 8 of us there and if we get a dozen or more the club might send along another player like in 2012 and 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next Wednesday is our meal with Krak at the Port Club. At this stage its scheduled to start at 6.30pm but will be confirmed next Monday night/Tuesday morning. So far confirmed
In
REH, Fade to Gray, Blaggut, ForzaPort, Mr Speaker, Saansa

Out
bomberclifford, Jonts, Portology

need to confirm one way or the other from
Janey PowerKat Moses01 Janus Piston_Broke Stewart2Austin DonDraper tribey Powerstufff
Macca19 reCOGnise PropertySteward FishingRick04 simba_ chimmez Wingard2Wines

Live interstate - cant attend events
*PAF pastmyprimus @EddieDingle TheFVK JelloB Asgardian TeeKray edgie Quadzilla

2 x 2 locker room tickets are left for the last 2 games.

PropertySteward has a ticket for the GWS

reCOGnise and Stewart2Austin you cancelled a couple of times are either of you free to take up a ticket for either the GWS or Freo game?

Wingard2Wines you were able to make a couple of times I asked are you free for any of the 2 games?

Next Wednesday is our meal with Krak at the Port Club. At this stage its scheduled to start at 6.30pm but will be confirmed next Monday night/Tuesday morning. So far confirmed
In
REH, Fade to Gray, Blaggut, ForzaPort, Mr Speaker, Saansa

Out
bomberclifford, Jonts, Portology

need to confirm one way or the other from
Janey PowerKat Moses01 Janus Piston_Broke Stewart2Austin DonDraper tribey Powerstufff
Macca19 reCOGnise PropertySteward FishingRick04 simba_ chimmez Wingard2Wines

Live interstate - cant attend events
*PAF pastmyprimus @EddieDingle TheFVK JelloB Asgardian TeeKray edgie Quadzilla

Sorry, I'm an out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back