Player Sponsorship Official Player Sponsorship 2015 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Wednesday is our meal with Krak at the Port Club. At this stage its scheduled to start at 6.30pm but will be confirmed next Monday night/Tuesday morning. So far confirmed
In
REH, Fade to Gray, Blaggut, ForzaPort, Mr Speaker, Saansa

Out
bomberclifford, Jonts, Portology

need to confirm one way or the other from
Janey PowerKat Moses01 Janus Piston_Broke Stewart2Austin DonDraper tribey Powerstufff
Macca19 reCOGnise PropertySteward FishingRick04 simba_ chimmez Wingard2Wines

Live interstate - cant attend events
*PAF pastmyprimus @EddieDingle TheFVK JelloB Asgardian TeeKray edgie Quadzilla
I'm in :)

Next Wednesday is our meal with Krak at the Port Club. At this stage its scheduled to start at 6.30pm but will be confirmed next Monday night/Tuesday morning. So far confirmed
In

Out

Janey PowerKat Moses01 Janus Piston_Broke Stewart2Austin DonDraper tribey Powerstufff

Out for me.

In

Out

Out.
2 x 2 locker room tickets are left for the last 2 games.

PropertySteward has a ticket for the GWS

reCOGnise and Stewart2Austin you cancelled a couple of times are either of you free to take up a ticket for either the GWS or Freo game?

Wingard2Wines you were able to make a couple of times I asked are you free for any of the 2 games?
Out also.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Probably too late now, but I've just found out I can actually be an In for the GWS game. Bugger! Hope the two going enjoy the Locker Room experience anyway. Maybe I'll get lucky next year.

Probably too late now, but I've just found out I can actually be an In for the GWS game. Bugger! Hope the two going enjoy the Locker Room experience anyway. Maybe I'll get lucky next year.

Hang in there if reCognise doesnt respond soon you are in. Make sure you keep checking this thread and your private messages/conversations if he doesnt respond.

If you miss out are you free to attend the Freo game on Saturday twilight in Rd 23?

In

Out

Out soz

Please check your PMs :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, quick write up - on the night there was only about 5 of us and 2 players so it was a very intimate dinner indeed! As well as having Krakouer join us the club was also good enough to organise for Neade to come along as well. TimmyG was there and had a quick chat with us as well. Overall it was a good night and a good experience to learn a bit more about the players and what makes them tick. Even though it was a Wednesday night, neither player was sure of whether they would be playing at AFL level or SANFL level on the weekend. We were all fairly confident that Nathan would surely be at AFL level after his game for the Maggies on the weekend - it was touch and go whether he'd play at all as they were thinking of holding him back for a 3rd week to recover from that hamstring injury.

Neade was much bigger in real life than I thought he would be but then I probably had some unrealistic image of him being a midget when in actual fact he's not really that much smaller than the average Joe. Most of the conversation was around the formation of the AFL and the events of the late 80s and early 90s that led to West Coast, Brisbane, Freo and the SA clubs joining a national competition. Of course, REH was front and centre here and his knowledge alone about what happened made it a great dining experience. You could tell that Nathan and Jake were really into the discussion and enjoyed learning a bit of history for the great REH. By the way, REH was right about the MCG home final stuff that we discussed! I had thought that Adelaide had to play a home final at MCG one year but apparently not.

Before dinner started about 40-50 St Peters school kids walked into the club and sat down ready for dinner - we panicked and ordered as quickly as we could! Turns out Mitch Harvey is an old scholar there and he was on hand for their dinner. Still has a fair bit of puppy fat that needs trimming. After the players had their dinners (both had grilled fish for those interested), we had a photo and then the players left for the evening. The rest of us stayed on for a bit longer and talked about trades, the WADA thing (I've changed my mind there - you just don't cut a premium drug with another premium drug - it's a BS cover story that Collingwood are using for plausible deniability - I'm converted REH!) and general football discussion.

These player sponsor dinners are a great way to interact with the club and players. Often we get much more than promised as there's usually other players floating around that come say hello and TimmyG is almost always there as well. Excellent value for us as player sponsors - the food is also top notch - I had a medium rare scotch fillet that was quite tasty. We're going to try to organise these dinners for earlier in the year to maximise the number of people for the event. It really is a great initiative that allows us to get up close and personal with the players.

I talked to Krak about his uncles and Claremont. We talked about the famous 1981 Claremont v South Freo grand final and how there were a lot of fights in the first 5 or 10 minutes. After one goal all the indigenous boys, Phil and Jimmy, Steven Michael, Benny Vigona, Basil Campbell etc met in the middle and made a pact to stop the fights and concentrate on footy. From there Krak started asking questions about Sanfl v Wafl v Vfl, which was better, why WA went in and SA didnt and would Port have beaten West Coast if we got into the AFL in 1990 bid.

Both Nathan and Jake were good company. Easy to talk to. Krak a bit more laid back. Jake cant easily get away to see his family for a long weekend. He has to fly to Alice or Darwin and then drives for 8 hours to get home. A 300-400km round trip for a game of footy was normal when he was a kid. Gerard Nesham's Clontaf Academy gave Jake a scholarship and thats why he ended up at St Pats in Ballarat.

Great to meet Saansa for the first time, Fade to Gray who had changed his username since the last dinner we did together and Forza and Property Steward. Thanks also to Timmy G David Banner and Claire who looked after us during the evening. Really enjoyed the casual chat afterwards. We should do a big footy catch up dinner in the off season. My porterhouse steak was magnificent.

By the way, REH was right about the MCG home final stuff that we discussed! I had thought that Adelaide had to play a home final at MCG one year but apparently not..

They did. Semi Final in 02 against Melbourne was played at the MCG, despite Adelaide finishing 3rd and Melbourne finishing 6th.

They did. Semi Final in 02 against Melbourne was played at the MCG, despite Adelaide finishing 3rd and Melbourne finishing 6th.
They played Collingwood and I think one of the Cloke brothers gave a big roundhouse in a marking contest to one of the Crows players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back