Preview OFFICIAL PREVIEW AFL ROUND 17 - Brisbane Lions v Essendon Sunday July 10th 1.20pm @ the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I saw Lachie Neale in the post I was thinking, here we go...

They don't routinely test asymptomatic people/staff at hospitals but afl players have to, is that common sense?
Because they’re scared of staff shortages.

But if you show up to work with cold or flu symptoms, you get tested.

We’re currently being flooded with nursing home high care patients, because the nursing homes are chronically short staffed.

They’re not sick, just need care.

But we’re short staffed, and that’s with us having Agency nurses on 6 month contracts.

Because they’re scared of staff shortages.

But if you show up to work with cold or flu symptoms, you get tested.

We’re currently being flooded with nursing home high care patients, because the nursing homes are chronically short staffed.

They’re not sick, just need care.

But we’re short staffed, and that’s with us having Agency nurses on 6 month contracts.
Do you know if the staff shortages are just from staff being sick/Covid or is it because a significant number of staff chose not to vaccinate or a mixture of both?

I understand that ML, why don't they routinely test asymptomatic staff entering highly vulnerable settings like hospitals? Why don't they routinely test asymptomatic teaches every day before they go to work?

Taking into account the above why should asymptomatic AFL players/staff be routinely tested?

I visit my aunt at a dementia ward in an aged care facility regularly, you are tested before entry.... I am totally on board with that, it is an extremely high risk setting, AFL work places are not.
$$$

Plain and simple.

A little bit of context, latest QLD Health figures highlighted on ABC QLD news last night,
Approx 40,000 confirmed active QLD COVID cases and 13 deaths yesterday.
Influenza (flu) approx 2,200 cases and 4 deaths. So it appears this strain of influenza is fatal.

Currently an AFL player who has the current strain of influenza (or still infectious) can play AFL but an asymptomatic COVID player cannot (yes can still be infectious). AFL players like any member of the community can catch COVID or influenza from any social contact, eg taking photographs or getting too close to fans after a game.

The point about your sons elderly nanna is a valid point, and family units should do all that is reasonable to reduce the risk to at risk family members. God knows the former Cth Govt has put us into record debt to protect vulnerable cohorts such as the elderly, IMO because Cth and state governments could not coordinate an effective response that protected at risk groups. I don't know if the virus has even been managed effectively without harsh lock downs causing tremendous mental health issues, splitting families, decimating small businesses and impacting significantly on the education of our youth.

I am dirty with myself for posting about it again, but strongly believe the AFL needs to revisit its 7 day COVID isolation policy next year.
The above active QLD highlighted should read Australia. The Queensland figure in the last 24 hours to 7pm yesterday is 5,315
Australia ranked number 6th in world (that day) for new cases 41,743 (35 deaths) behind France 140,977, USA, Italy, Brazil & Japan
You get slightly different figures depending on the source
Still a high number considering our smallish population and vaccination status

Be interesting how we perform Sunday
Defense will be stretched to the limit
Our midfield need to dominate the game and a win could happen if Essendon's forward 50 entries are limited
Lions by a whisker

Good to see the Government:rolleyes: have their priorities right as usual.
Sadly not just the Government. Private hospitals but to some extent Government funded hospitals in Melbourne that I have good knowledge of are run by mandarins who would prefer to cut RN's from shifts and replace them with nursing aides , nurse to patient ratios have been decreasing over time to keep the bottom line looking good. RN's now do a uni course so a lot of the newbies don't fancy doing the dirty work. Older nurses are leaving for private practices or private at home visits. The standard of care has deteriorated all round. Just an observation based on what I hear from a group of nurses most with over 40 years experience. And my first hand experience of having been an in patient twice over the last year.

The standard of attention and professionalism that I found for operative admissions and in the theatre etc. however to be exemplary. Seemed to be 2 different places.

RYAN LESTER QUIZ:
Can you spot the real Ryan Lester?

A757BE97-D9EC-4B33-80ED-50AD21784631.png

Sadly not just the Government. Private hospitals but to some extent Government funded hospitals in Melbourne that I have good knowledge of are run by mandarins who would prefer to cut RN's from shifts and replace them with nursing aides , nurse to patient ratios have been decreasing over time to keep the bottom line looking good. RN's now do a uni course so a lot of the newbies don't fancy doing the dirty work. Older nurses are leaving for private practices or private at home visits. The standard of care has deteriorated all round. Just an observation based on what I hear from a group of nurses most with over 40 years experience. And my first hand experience of having been an in patient twice over the last year.

The standard of attention and professionalism that I found for operative admissions and in the theatre etc. however to be exemplary. Seemed to be 2 different places.
Yep, 2 people close to me work in Qld Health at the PA hospital.. not frontline, they tell me the same, it all comes down to $$$$.

Life is not sacrosanct apparently.

I am currently an Oncology and Renal outpatient at the PA and I 100% agree on the bolded.

Yep, 2 people close to me work in Qld Health at the PA hospital.. not frontline, they tell me the same, it all comes down to $$$$.

Life is not sacrosanct apparently.
I know competent ,experienced nurses who've left in disgust at the bureaucratic rubbish they have to deal with these days and the constant eroding of patient care to save dollars. There's more time spent on the bullying and racism policy than important care issues. According to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised ,,no-one'' has mentioned Basti yet ... and didn't we see recently that Cupido can still kick a goal!

If there was enough of an issue that a team literally could not, from their roster and currently allowed top-ups, field 22 players ... is there a minimum number of players before the game is forfeit or called off etc?

Surprised ,,no-one'' has mentioned Basti yet

My boy basti is retired on a farm right now. He’s left his days of dominating the NEAFL behind him.

Do you trust the government or Joe Rogan more?
Some guests > Neil DeGrass-Tyson, Brian Cox, Michio Kaku, Andrew Huberman, Brian Greene, Lex Fridman, Richard Dawkins... they are just a few of the scientists off the top of my head, lots of others and many in other areas as well like Bill Maher, Elon Musk, Jay Leno, Lance Armstrong, Tulsi Gabbard, Quentin Tarantino, Edward Snowden and the list goes on and on and on.

All 2-3 hour one on one chats, not soundbites and clickbait like MSM, he does a lot on health and fitness stuff as well and I really enjoy them... some I think are bs and I turn off 15 minutes.

Interesting that Joe said recently the Trump wanted to come on his Podcast and Joe said no not interested in talking to him.

Know your players quiz (FINAL)
This is Daniel McStay - True or False?
09475F46-C9E8-4B07-8875-4C7172D881A2.png

The above active QLD highlighted should read Australia. The Queensland figure in the last 24 hours to 7pm yesterday is 5,315
Australia ranked number 6th in world (that day) for new cases 41,743 (35 deaths) behind France 140,977, USA, Italy, Brazil & Japan
You get slightly different figures depending on the source
Still a high number considering our smallish population and vaccination status

Be interesting how we perform Sunday
Defense will be stretched to the limit
Our midfield need to dominate the game and a win could happen if Essendon's forward 50 entries are limited
Lions by a whisker
Yes i think Lions can win by a whisker also, very reliant upon the midfield with an inexperienced backline.

Who taught 3KZ how to take a screenshot? This is on you.
I’m bored. Marking Year 12 Essays. BF is a welcome diversion.

Just two - Neale or Lyons. that's it.
season 3 krabby land GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back