Preview OFFICIAL PREVIEW - Brisbane Lions v Carlton Sunday August 7 @3.20pm at the GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just say we can't sneak our way into top 4 anymore with other results falling our way.

If we want it, we have to win all games. It also means we also have to stare down Melbourne and beat them in round 23.

Collingwood have made it a straight fight between us and Melbourne for top 4. I like it. Let's see if our team wants it that badly.
yeap just win the last three and we are in our percentage is better than Collingwood.

IF Collingwood lost their last two and we win two of three we can still finish 4th, providing Freo lose one of their three games.

Billy Beane : You can't start Peña at first tonight. You'll have to start Hatteberg.

Art Howe : Yeah, I don't want to go fifteen rounds, Billy. The lineup card is mine, and that's all.

Billy Beane : That lineup card is definitely yours. I'm just saying you can't start Peña at first.

Art Howe : Well, I am starting him at first.

Billy Beane : I don't think so. He plays for Detroit now.

Art Howe : You traded Peña?

Billy Beane : Yeah. And Menechino, Hiljus, Tam are all being sent down.

Art Howe : You are outside your mind.

Billy Beane : Yeah. Cuckoo.

Jeremy Giambi : [knocking on door] You wanted to see me?

Billy Beane : Yeah, Jeremy, grab a seat.

[Jeremy sits down]

Billy Beane : Jeremy, you've been traded to the Phillies. This is Ed Wade's number. He's a good guy, he's the GM. He's expecting your call. Buddy will help you with the plane flight. You're a good ballplayer, Jeremy, and we wish you the best.

[Jeremy sighs and exits]

Billy Beane : Jeremy's gone, too.

Art Howe : [shaking his head in disbelief] You're killing this team.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Moneyball approach would have Lester in the team for sure. In fact, he should seek a trade to the Suns next year. He would play every week there.

Where would the fun be without key warriors bemoaning and yelling at clouds, panic merchants, know it all’s, I told you so's, advisors, selectors, my opinion is a fact merchants…
I reckon the Collingwood forum would be a much more civilised place to be right now.;)

lions.com.au/news/1189488/vfl-match-preview-round-20-v-werribee-tigers

It isn’t all good news for Brisbane with Harrison Arnold (shoulder), Deven Robertson (shoulder) and Charlie Bowes (concussion) all missing through injury.

Where would the fun be without key warriors bemoaning and yelling at clouds, panic merchants, know it all’s, I told you so's, advisors, selectors, my opinion is a fact merchants…
I reckon the Collingwood forum would be a much more civilised place to be right now.;)

lions.com.au/news/1189488/vfl-match-preview-round-20-v-werribee-tigers
Well I guess that means everyone can stop making assumptions about Dev…

Mitch Robinson will be the sub... info courtesy of Lachie.

All l want to see tomorow is some fight/want/agression/tenacity whatever you want to call it. Players getting in the opponents faces. I think it was a Ross Lyon team that l remember when l first saw it when the opposition mark it and just wait for a few seconds to look around. Our player should get to the exact point where they marked the ball, even if it means they run to the player and is 1 cm away from their faces, not jog and give them space. I don't know if l worded that rightly. But make them uncomfortable.

The good news is that Lyons has gotten another chance
Computer Rage GIF

With the Dockers win we go into tomorrows game in 6th place, if we lose we will be equal points with the Blues but hanging onto 6th by percentage... this season could go completely pear shaped and we could be playing an away elimination final.

HUGE game tomorrow evening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps a microwaving of the membership might be a less ... extreme ... approach to your current angst?

Or go have a read on the North Board if you need more encouragement that things could indeed be worse.

Mind you it would suck if Lyons pulled up sore and couldn't play on a week when Dev was already out!!!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back