2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
U18 Allies v Vic metro
VIC METRO 2.0 5.1 6.4 10.8 (68)
ALLIES 4.0 5.2 10.3 11.4 (70)
GOALS
Vic Metro:
Mahony 3, Bergman, Jeka, Jones, Rossiter, Rowell, Sturgess, Williams
Allies: Gore 3, Ellem 2, Gulden 2, Rosas 2, Green, Oea
BEST
Vic Metro:
McGuinness, Rowell, Mahony, McAsey, Anderson, Bergman
Allies: Green, Gulden, Gore, Parks, Cumberland, Peatling

Replays by quarters

Thanks. Does anyone know Gulden's actual stats?

Allies to face South Australia in final hit-out

James Peatling and Nicholas Brewer will sit out the final match of the year, while Jeromy Lucas and Braeden Campbell will make their return.
The match will be telecast live on Fox Footy Wednesday from 4.30pm.

Wishing the boys a good game.

Last edited:

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

James Peatling and Nicholas Brewer will sit out the final match of the year, while Jeromy Lucas and Braeden Campbell will make their return.
The match will be telecast live on Fox Footy from 4.30pm.

Tomorrow..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

The match will be telecast live on Fox Footy Wednesday from 4.30pm.

No surprises with the changes. Brewer was very lucky to play the games he did and Campbell was always going to get another game.

Having said that, personally I wouldn’t have played Campbell or Gulden in any of the games this year. That’s not a knock on their ability by any means. I know others will disagree but I just think that as 17s they will have their chance next year and there are plenty of 18s who are good enough and should have had an opportunity now, in what is their draft year.

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Allies skills are poor. Nice piece from Gulden for a crumb and goal. Nippy and nice kick. Campbell working hard.

Unsure why so many Allies players showing little instinct, holding the ball too long,

About 10 Allies within 10m of the ball for no reason. Looked about like Auskick.

Allies skills are poor. Nice piece from Gulden for a crumb and goal. Nippy and nice kick. Campbell working hard.

Unsure why so many Allies players showing little instinct, holding the ball too long,

About 10 Allies within 10m of the ball for no reason. Looked about like Auskick.

Yeah I don’t like dragging kids but our skills are shizen. (Although this is the first I’ve seen of the Allies so I’m judging purely off this game.)

Gulden looks the goods

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Why are they called the Allies?
It’s just a made up name and covers the combined NSW, Qld, NT and Tassie team. The men’s version that played a few State of Origin games were called the same thing and the youth teams followed with that. I don’t think many people like it but until someone comes up with something better this is what we’ve got.

Ralphyboy

All Australian
May 25, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney

Because the allies coaches do not know how to teach them structure.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Wonder if Errol will get a crack in the Ressies.
I’m sure he will but, frankly, I’d prefer it if he didn’t. Nothing against him personally but there are a heap of U18s who are more than good enough and deserve a chance to play a few games in the Reserves.

He’s already on the Academy red carpet and, consequently, he gets and will continue to get every benefit that the Academy can throw at him. Let others who are good enough and in their draft year get some games.

I’m sure he will but, frankly, I’d prefer it if he didn’t. Nothing against him personally but there are a heap of U18s who are more than good enough and deserve a chance to play a few games in the Reserves.

He’s already on the Academy red carpet and, consequently, he gets and will continue to get every benefit that the Academy can throw at him. Let others who are good enough and in their draft year get some games.

Fair enough.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Then northern states are working harder at growing the game faster than the traditional AFL states, yet we get frowned upon for having first dibs on any rare talent that may come out of it. So after 10 years of funding & resources & perhaps 6000 kids trying out (guesstimate) in that time, we have Heeney, Mills & Blakey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back