2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed. I was worried that it was going to be a restructure in the sense of the AFL basically killing it because Eddie doesn't like it. Thanks for the article Rioli8217
I thought so as well, but it wouldn't be right to kill it off considering what it has done for elite talent in NSW. Because it tends to be that when there are good players from NSW they are quite high picks. Shipley, Blakey, heeney, green etc.

The 20% cuts will also make the program more elite. Some pretty shocking players make it in at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a solid club from what I hear.
In saying that, it is like saying Campbell is related to kjack because of Pennant Hills. Obviously not true.
Or Jarryd McVeigh. Or Lenny Hayes!

(Jesus the Pennant Hills club is solid. Why is it such an AFL hotbed of talent?)

Or Jarryd McVeigh. Or Lenny Hayes!

(Jesus the Pennant Hills club is solid. Why is it such an AFL hotbed of talent?)

I remember Pennant Hills High School kicking the arse of my soccer team back in the 8th grade.

I feel for Thorne. I think he deserves a shot somewhere.
Beatson said in one of his pre-draft interviews that likely a third academy player could be picked, I too thought it would have been Thorne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back