Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hi everyone,

Please use this thread for the 2018 Sydney Swans Bigfooty Supercoach League.

If you are interested in joining please post the following below.

I will be making the final selections based on ranking, experience and time spent on the Swans Bigfooty Board.

Team Name - If possible please make this the same as your Bigfooty Username
Where you finished last year - Final Ranking
Your overall fantasy experience.

Thanks and good luck everyone.

Team name - scaryness
Rank - 50,648 (was in top 20k midseason, got busy)
Exp - play every year, give it too much attention, post in SC board on BigFooty.

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Team Name - DudeWheresMyFooty?
Where you finished last year- ~15,000
Your overall fantasy experience- 10 year anniversary incoming

Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sorry I'm confused, i thought I'd already joined a big footy supercoach league :think:
Is this another one or some kind of vetting of the original?

The other one had a public code so it wasn't regulated.

I have gone over with the moderators and received permission to create a new thread to get a proper league up and going just for those on the Swans board.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Hi. I'm Tuco.

I won the swans board sc comp last year and never got a badge. :p

Team: The Stegglers
finished: erm. fell in around 8kish?
experience: overrated

WhippingCupcakes

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Team Name - Whipping Cupcakes
Where you finished last year - High 20,000 cant remember exactly
Your overall fantasy experience - played every year since 2008, dreamteam and supercoach combined

So, as I understand it, the members of the Supercoach league all pretend they are coaches and pick a team. There is a salary cap, and your team needs to be made up of the various types of players (ie, mids, forwards, defence etc). Each player has been awarded a value based on their previous games played, last year and in the JLT. Does that sound right? So then what happens? How is a winner determined? Is there a round winner or an overall winner? What happens if you all pick the same players? o_O:rolleyes:

Is there somewhere that explains what the point of the game is and how it is played? If so I would love to read it

Team name: Kirkswans
Where I finished last year: didn't play
Overall experience: never played :(

PS. Don't include me if you haven't got time to explain the how it works and answer my follow up questions... If I'm excluded, I will try to follow it this year and play next year.

So, as I understand it, the members of the Supercoach league all pretend they are coaches and pick a team. There is a salary cap, and your team needs to be made up of the various types of players (ie, mids, forwards, defence etc). Each player has been awarded a value based on their previous games played, last year and in the JLT. Does that sound right? So then what happens? How is a winner determined? Is there a round winner or an overall winner? What happens if you all pick the same players? o_O:rolleyes:

Is there somewhere that explains what the point of the game is and how it is played? If so I would love to read it

Team name: Kirkswans
Where I finished last year: didn't play
Overall experience: never played :(

PS. Don't include me if you haven't got time to explain the how it works and answer my follow up questions... If I'm excluded, I will try to follow it this year and play next year.

I'll give it a go lol.

Everyone has a salary cap of $10M to build a team of 30 players (22 on field, 8 on bench).6 defenders, 8 midfielders, 2 ruckmen and 6 forwards on field. Each week you can make up to 2 trades to improve your team, where you cut someone from your list (if they get injured, underperform etc.) and bring in a player that you didn't have. However you only have 30 trades total for the whole season so they are very valuable.

Essentially you are trying to predict which players are going to have the best seasons this year and then fit them all into the salary cap.

Champion Data award a 'score' for every player in every game for the season, the purpose being that generally the higher their score the more influential they were in that match. Swans highest averaging players last year were JPK, Parker, , Franklin and Heeney.

Players prices fluctuate like the stock market based on their scores in their last few weeks of games, if they perform above their price tag their price will rise (making him harder to trade in) and if they perform below their price tag they will drop in price.

There are two ways to 'win' SC: league win and overall win. In SC you are in a league of 18 teams and each week you match up with another player and whoever totals the highest amount of points between all 22 on-field players wins that matchup. It emulates a real season with a ladder and finals series so you just need to make the finals and just win all your finals.

The second, much more difficult aim to win, is to accrue the most points across the entire season out of every single user of the website, which is how you win the major cash prize.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll give it a go lol.

Everyone has a salary cap of $10M to build a team of 30 players (22 on field, 8 on bench).6 defenders, 8 midfielders, 2 ruckmen and 6 forwards on field. Each week you can make up to 2 trades to improve your team, where you cut someone from your list (if they get injured, underperform etc.) and bring in a player that you didn't have. However you only have 30 trades total for the whole season so they are very valuable.

Essentially you are trying to predict which players are going to have the best seasons this year and then fit them all into the salary cap.

Champion Data award a 'score' for every player in every game for the season, the purpose being that generally the higher their score the more influential they were in that match. Swans highest averaging players last year were JPK, Parker, , Franklin and Heeney.

Players prices fluctuate like the stock market based on their scores in their last few weeks of games, if they perform above their price tag their price will rise (making him harder to trade in) and if they perform below their price tag they will drop in price.

There are two ways to 'win' SC: league win and overall win. In SC you are in a league of 18 teams and each week you match up with another player and whoever totals the highest amount of points between all 22 on-field players wins that matchup. It emulates a real season with a ladder and finals series so you just need to make the finals and just win all your finals.

The second, much more difficult aim to win, is to accrue the most points across the entire season out of every single user of the website, which is how you win the major cash prize.
Cheers, thanks very much for a really clear explanation... I'd really like to have a go :)

Andyjh

Team Captain
Oct 18, 2017
Blue Haven
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WWE, Orlando Magic
I'm keen to join if any spots are still available??

Team Name - West Sydney Hitmen
Where you finished last year - 37,000 ish (i dont remember the exact number sorry)
I have been playing AFL Fantasy/DT for 10 years & last year was my first year of Supercoach. I would call last year a learning experience for myself in Supercoach as the scoring & strategy are different to Fantasy/DT. I am a dedicated player who sticks it out till the seasons end.

Old Kenny

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2007
up there
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ll have a run if there is still spot available. Don’t have a team name yet. Think I finished under 10,000 last year. Been playing for around 6 years and my best finish was around 460. Came second to tuco in this league last year. I do not want tuco to get a badge.

I didn't see the point in making a new thread so have just tacked on here - I haven't seen a Bigfooty Swans AFL Fantasy league advertised anywhere this year, so thought that I'd start one. If I'm wrong please point me in the right direction as I'd like to join!

If you would like to join please reply to my post with your team name and I'll pm you the join code. Good luck in 2018 everyone!

I didn't see the point in making a new thread so have just tacked on here - I haven't seen a Bigfooty Swans AFL Fantasy league advertised anywhere this year, so thought that I'd start one. If I'm wrong please point me in the right direction as I'd like to join!

If you would like to join please reply to my post with your team name and I'll pm you the join code. Good luck in 2018 everyone!
Bonz was sorting this out but in true Bonz style it's last minute :p

I can't see why we couldn't have a few if people are willing to create them.

But I do think the "official" Swans BF one will be done by the Bonzaburger himself.

Hi mate, would like to join. Team name is "Replicants"

Andyjh

Team Captain
Oct 18, 2017
Blue Haven
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
WWE, Orlando Magic

I would like to join. If i join this Fantasy league can i still join the SC league too? My team is West Sydney Hitmen

Bonz was sorting this out but in true Bonz style it's last minute :p

I can't see why we couldn't have a few if people are willing to create them.

But I do think the "official" Swans BF one will be done by the Bonzaburger himself.
No worries, I'd already created the league before seeing your message so have sent the codes out anyway. I'll keep an eye out for Bonz's league as well.

mark121

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Hi I would like to join and my team name is Chopper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back