Competitions Official Sydney Swans Bigfooty Supercoach League

Remove this Banner Ad

So my score was 2,340, so I'm guessing that I'm doing okay.

So moving forward I sit tight, look at my players, read their stats for round one, and decide if I need/want to trade anyone out. If I decide yes, I can trade up to two players. Alternately, I can just move players on from the bench and sideline those I'm not happy with.

Anything else you think I should know?
But remember, in Supercoach you only have a limited number of trades. It's ok to burn a couple for injuries or obvious rookies who will shoot up in price that you don't have, but generally don't just trade chasing points, or sideways trade. You need to save trades if you can.

You gun! That's awesome.

You should be trying to get guys in who will play & make you money to upgrade to premos. Likewuse, clear out any dead wood (guys not making you money or enough points).
But remember, in Supercoach you only have a limited number of trades. It's ok to burn a couple for injuries or obvious rookies who will shoot up in price that you don't have, but generally don't just trade chasing points, or sideways trade. You need to save trades if you can.
Thanks guys!

None of my guys were injured I don't think, and overall I was happy with them, so basically I can sit for a bit and see if they keep going. If not, I have to decide how long is too long not to perform... and perhaps use a precious trade.

So my score was 2,340, so I'm guessing that I'm doing okay.

So moving forward I sit tight, look at my players, read their stats for round one, and decide if I need/want to trade anyone out. If I decide yes, I can trade up to two players. Alternately, I can just move players on from the bench and sideline those I'm not happy with.

Anything else you think I should know?

2,340? Thats a huge score for a first timer.

I got 2,131. Feeling early regrets going with Rockliff over Parker :oops:

2353 for me.

Pretty much got all my rookies wrong. All the high scorers benched and all the duds onfield.

Hoping Fyfe turns it around. Watching Cripps and Coniglio knowing I passed them over for Fyfe's 74 was a tooth grinder.

2,340? Thats a huge score for a first timer.

I got 2,131. Feeling early regrets going with Rockliff over Parker :oops:
Thanks, I'm happy with it except I had Parker as my captain, but changed to Fyfe when the main board laughed at me. Damn, could have had double his score and been 2489. oh well...

Thanks, I'm happy with it except I had Parker as my captain, but changed to Fyfe when the main board laughed at me. Damn, could have had double his score and been 2489. oh well...

Fair warning, heaps of groupthink in SC circles.

Fair warning, heaps of groupthink in SC circles.
Yeah, I could see that. Still I have been asking for advice across a lot of different fronts and most of it has been good.

I had Fyfe and Bonts in my mids who scored 75 & 63 and were outscored by my youngsters Holman & Finlayson 96 & 87. Never expected that!! I think the bont might have to go... we'll see

Yep. SC genius also says Buddy is fully priced and not worth having. :p

So what do you guys consider a reasonable score for your youngsters? Mine ranged from 60 through to 96.

Also, I only had 3 in the mid range about $200k, and two of them scored 38 & 58. The other was Holman who scored 96.

With such a wide variance its hard to know whats reasonable.

So what do you guys consider a reasonable score for your youngsters? Mine ranged from 60 through to 96.

Also, I only had 3 in the mid range about $200k, and two of them scored 38 & 58. The other was Holman who scored 96.

You cant really expect much from the rookie priced players. Anything over 60 is great!

They will be up and down. Anything over their breakeven score is a win, really. Keep an eye on breakevens over the season (you can find these on some fantasy football sites). A breakeven of 26 for example means any score over 26 they will increase in dollar value. Remember your rookies are there to make you cash to upgrade to the really good players. If their breakeven score is close to what they are scoring each week anyway, it's time to trade them, and use the cash to buy a cheaper rookie and upgrade one of your decent players to a premium player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will be up and down. Anything over their breakeven score is a win, really. Keep an eye on breakevens over the season (you can find these on some fantasy football sites). A breakeven of 26 for example means any score over 26 they will increase in dollar value. Remember your rookies are there to make you cash to upgrade to the really good players. If their breakeven score is close to what they are scoring each week anyway, it's time to trade them, and use the cash to buy a cheaper rookie and upgrade one of your decent players to a premium player.
Well, I didn't know about break even scores, so I've learned something new. :) I'll investigate....

2253, injuries to Liberatore (9) and Rich (21) crippled me
Wow! I hope I'm crippled like you a lot. I think I can only count on beginners luck for round 1! Do you win this every year too? :D:p

Wow! I hope I'm crippled like you a lot. I think I can only count on beginners luck for round 1! Do you win this every year too? :D:p
Alas no, my best was finishing 5th one time. Also I won't be winning the tipping comp this year, I'm not in it!

Has anybody created a Swans Fans League for any of these and are there any vacancies?

Please post your invite codes and any other info in here.

Okay, some more questions for you all...

I have a number of players around the $187k to $220k mark. When my rookies prices increase, I sell my rookies and upgrade these guys? Is that how you guys are thinking?

What about Holman (GCS)? He has been scoring in the 90s or 100s. If he continues like this why wouldn't I keep him, as his contribution to my overall score is good/excellent and cost is minimal?

Also, Greene was a late out for me, and I couldn't substitute him before the lock out (travelling:(). My emergency rookie didn't play, so I didn't get any score for that him, is that right? My bench player only comes in if I had substituted him before lock out, right?

Most of my guys are doing okay, with 17 scoring 90+ and 13 scoring 100+. So these are the guys I want to keep, right?

And any score over 130 is great, and over 150 is brilliant, right?

Okay, some more questions for you all...

I have a number of players around the $187k to $220k mark. When my rookies prices increase, I sell my rookies and upgrade these guys? Is that how you guys are thinking?

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...in_salary=0&max_salary=1000000&sort=1&order=A

This website is a good reference for breakevens. Breakevens are the score they have to get to hold their current price, so if they get a score lower than their breakeven they will drop in price, higher they will go up in price. Generally you trade out rookies if either you think their price has peaked or if they stop getting games.

What about Holman (GCS)? He has been scoring in the 90s or 100s. If he continues like this why wouldn't I keep him, as his contribution to my overall score is good/excellent and cost is minimal?

Rookies that are long term keepers are few and far between but do happen occasionally. The problem with rookies is it just takes one game of 30 or so and you can find that they suddenly hit the wall with how much money they can make.

Also, Greene was a late out for me, and I couldn't substitute him before the lock out (travelling:(). My emergency rookie didn't play, so I didn't get any score for that him, is that right? My bench player only comes in if I had substituted him before lock out, right?

Correct.

Most of my guys are doing okay, with 17 scoring 90+ and 13 scoring 100+. So these are the guys I want to keep, right?

And any score over 130 is great, and over 150 is brilliant, right?

Depends on the position and what players are available at any year. Backline you are usually wanting to hang on to 95+ for the year, midfield 110+, rucks 100+, forwards 95+. I would say anything over 120 is great, 140 is brilliant.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...in_salary=0&max_salary=1000000&sort=1&order=A

This website is a good reference for breakevens. Breakevens are the score they have to get to hold their current price, so if they get a score lower than their breakeven they will drop in price, higher they will go up in price. Generally you trade out rookies if either you think their price has peaked or if they stop getting games.

Rookies that are long term keepers are few and far between but do happen occasionally. The problem with rookies is it just takes one game of 30 or so and you can find that they suddenly hit the wall with how much money they can make.

Correct.

Depends on the position and what players are available at any year. Backline you are usually wanting to hang on to 95+ for the year, midfield 110+, rucks 100+, forwards 95+. I would say anything over 120 is great, 140 is brilliant.
OK, got it! Thanks so much for taking the time with me scaryness, I really appreciate it.

So my team has increased in value by 920K. Now I have to decide who to trade out and who to replace them with and I can only use two trades per week.

As I see it, there are two strategies I can use.

1. Sell my highest earning rookie, and replace them him a newbie, and upgrade one of my mid ranged guys (uses 2 trades);
2. Sell one of my rookies, replace him with another rookie and bank the cash (uses 1 trade)

At this stage I am inclined to go with option two and hold on to my trades for a while in case of season ending injuries later in the season.

Comments anyone?

So my team has increased in value by 920K. Now I have to decide who to trade out and who to replace them with and I can only use two trades per week.

1. Sell my highest earning rookie, and replace them him a newbie, and upgrade one of my mid ranged guys (uses 2 trades);
2. Sell one of my rookies, replace him with another rookie and bank the cash (uses 1 trade)

At this stage I am inclined to go with option two and hold on to my trades for a while in case of season ending injuries later in the season.

Comments anyone?
You pretty much have the right idea but wait a few more weeks for your rookies to earn as much cash as possible. Once they are worth over 400k you can trade one rookie to get $$, then use that money to turn another 400k rookie into a gun player. Keep doing that & by finals time you will have a team full of gun players.

Comments anyone?
You won your league match by 1 point? Nice.

I was lucky NicNat had a ripper and Dangerfield was a bit down, so i got over the line.

But in answer to your post, trades at this stage of the season are generally to cover injuries/suspensions or to trade for obvious targets you may have missed (e.g. Coniglio, if you have a mid who is only just performing, or a rookies like Murray, Bonner, or Doedee who are going to increase a lot in price). You have 30 for the season, and in the bye weeks you get three possible trades. So really it's 14 weeks if you use two per week, and it's a long season. Only use them if you have too. Wait for your rookies to keep making money.

For example, Last round Tim Kelly had a breakeven of -144. So he can only go up in price and will go up a LOT, because he's averaging over 100 each week. You are best waiting until his breakeven is close to 80/90 before trading him, because his price isn't going to up much more after that. Compare that to Aaron Naughton, who is averaging 39, and has a breakeven of 20. If you had Naughton, and not Murray, Doedee, Kelly, Holman etc... it might be worth using a trade to get those cheap rookies before they shoot up in price. (That said, Naughton just got a 61, so he's not TERRIBLE for a rookie).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back