Mega Thread Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Some supporting coaches still to come in. Watch this space.

He sounds and looks like a tough bloke to pleased which is good.
Straights into it."I wanna make the dees the hardest team to play against in the AFL" Like it..like it alot.
Gonna be a tough pre-season for the boys. Bout time

Looks like that was the media talking ****, for now at least

That'd be a first. I was reading the announcement of Neeld on the Age website yesterday and cant get over the fact that in the 'Related Articles' ran the headline, 'Burns favourite for Dees Job'.

As is, I might add, the whole comparison to Bailey thing. It goes a little like this:

Bailey was inexperienced
Bailey turned out crap
Neeld is inexperienced
Therefore, Neeld will turn out crap

It's a complete logical fallacy and not a little bit simplistic.

I'd prefer to club make the hard decision (because that is what it is - after Bailey) to appoint the new guy if they think he has the right stuff, rather than throwing the kitchen sink at the best-available-therefore-immediately-completely-overrated-by-the-media-and-everyone-else-and-not-really-that-good-anyway experienced coach in some misguided attempt at hairy-chestedness.

Couldn't agree more. That's the big mistake Richmond made with Wallace and wasted half a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think MM was saying that Neeld won't be finishing off the year at Collingwood before moving over here.

I guess they balanced having the experience of working in another finals campaign and starting straight away and the latter won.

Yeah he was saying that, I think he meant to post it in the other thread though, where he had initially asked the question.

Not that it matters :)

Some really good comments from Mark Neeld in this artical over at www.melbournefc.com.au...

Neeld brings hard brand by Mark Macguagan

"I simply want to coach the team that is the hardest to play against in the AFL," Neeld said.

"That means that all over the ground, we are going to be the hardest team to play against, that's what our aim is, it's as simple as that.

"I know the way that the boys are going to play, and we're going to educate them in that way.

"That's going to be our number one challenge, and we're going to stick to that."

"I demand to be surrounded by a solid group of coaches who are successful in their own right," he said.

"As to the individual make-up of that, we'll sit down as a group and make sure that the appropriate people are appointed and that they're in the correct roles.

I like his confidence, he seems like a very direct and honest person, clearly a forward thinker who knows what he wants and will work out exactly what needs to be done to achieve it.

If a mod reads this, can we have some merging of threads again? It's getting tiresome all these different threads covering basically the same topic...

In Neelds interview on the MFC website when asked about what he would bring as a coach he said - "I have my own beliefs on how the game shoulld be played, and the manner in which it should be played. I'll be very honest, and I'll be very direct, and the players will get to know that very quickly that there is a certian level of commitment and a certian style play that each one of them will have to abide by"

Thats a big win in my book for this club!

Well i posted earlier that i thought you needed an experienced coach but that's all a moot point now, so all i can do is wish him and the MFC all the best for the future and just hope you play an attacking brand of footy (my favourite to watch).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back