Mega Thread Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012 - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Announced on SEN re HS reporting Neeld is almost signed with the Dees.

We will see.

We have to run with what we are fed.... but could this just be more speculation.... or another smoke screen?

Seems that nobody has any idea, It was Ross Lyon 2 days ago, Burns and Craig last night and now Neeld...

Who havnt we been linked with?

On topic, i rate Neeld very highly, him and Burns being the "Best of the rest", i probably rate Neeld slightly higher....

Credited strongly with Collingwoods press having worked with their Defence for 2 years, and now the Midfield Juggernaut, although you would struggle not be look good coaching that midfield no?

Like I said on the Saints board (yes I go to other team boards too fellas :p) here are lot of experienced coaches around to be put as a director of coaching which would of helped Dean if you could of done that

tweets of Burns/Craig being to Melb - maybe it was Neald/Craig

Yep and the HS also reported that Ross Lyon was about to be signed. I think I will wait until the Age reports it :rolleyes: If it is true why have we gone for another assistant when other senior coaches were available?

If its true i'm all for it I think its a great appointment. He is extremely highly regarded and if we couldn't get MM then this is the next best thing! Knew GY was busily working away in the background...I belive he has the potential to be a clarkson fingers crossed:) Would like the idea of a senior director in there somewhere but I really like the sounds of this! Great to hear some +ve news coming out of demonland.

Neeld has done wonders for our defense and midfield these past few years, from the outside he's definitely the best of our assistants (Apart from Buckley of course ;) ). If True I wish him well, he'll be a fantastic coach for your club.

Re: Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012

Caro's Twitter

CarowhineWilson Caroline Wilson

Mick Malthouse has been conspicuous in his lack of comment on multiple coaching vacancies. He is believed to be considering his options

You realize that's a fake account don't you?;)

Couldn't get a better untried coach IMO. Having spent years under Mick Malthouse and leading the way with their midfield and defense couldn't ask for better creditials if you ask me!

If we sign Neeld, will Eddie sue us? :rolleyes:

Neeld has done wonders for our defense and midfield these past few years, from the outside he's definitely the best of our assistants (Apart from Buckley of course ;) ). If True I wish him well, he'll be a fantastic coach for your club.

Didn't Lyon select Bailey to coach then bagged him? Now he is picking another untried coach? What happened to Melbourne looking at everyone? Fremantle were ruthless. Went out and got their man. Malthouse is twidling his thumbs. The Pies will not stop/can't him from leaving.Unbelievable.

Couldn't get a better untried coach IMO. Having spent years under Mick Malthouse and leading the way with their midfield and defense couldn't ask for better creditials if you ask me!

If we sign Neeld, will Eddie sue us? :rolleyes:

Hehehe

The more I read about Neeld the happier I am...Bring on 2012 I say. Bailey did alright but wasn't as credentialed as Neeld and just didn't provide that optimism that Neeld does. Defence & midfield have flourished under Neeld and the fact that he's in the running for all other vacancies speaks volumes. Go DEES!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Lyon select Bailey to coach then bagged him? Now he is picking another untried coach? What happened to Melbourne looking at everyone? Fremantle were ruthless. Went out and got their man. Malthouse is twidling his thumbs. The Pies will not stop/can't him from leaving.Unbelievable.

This is also just another article from the Hun take it as gospel if you want haha, we have been linked with many people this year and non have been right

As far as assistants go, Neeld has got a broader experience than most while still only being 39.

As said he coached 4 straight premiership for Ocean Grove so has been a sucessful senior coach albeit at a lower level, coached the Western Jets in the TAC cup so he has experience working with developing kids & now has been apart of an AFL premiership (maybe dual) coaching panel, under the widely regarded best coach in the league

And what do you mean experience - Neeld been in coaching circles for years understudy of the man everyone wants their club to get and has been long credited with being major part of said club's success.

EDIT - MMM Adelaide reckon it will be announced within the hour

Alot of my Collingwood mates says Neeld was the man who introduced the forward press into the Pies game plans.
Sounds like he's a man held in high respect at Pieland.

This is also just another article from the Hun take it as gospel if you want haha, we have been linked with many people this year and non have been right

Yeah, until something is officially announced from the club, I don't believe anything from the HUN.

But I must say, I'm not sure what to feel about Neeld? Sure his credentials stack up, but I can't help but feel the same as when we announced Bailey! Underwhelmed. Like Bailey he is a little older and comes from a successful coaching panel. He's supposed to be a big part of the mastermind behind the frontal pressure game Collingwood play, so why am I feeling like he's not the right fit? I think I'm just disappointed that we couldn't land a big fish(again).

You dont need big fish - you need someone with a better game plan, knows when to implement a plan B, can add a defensive bone in your team and isn't going to take BS and lack of effort from anyone

Yeah, until something is officially announced from the club, I don't believe anything from the HUN.

But I must say, I'm not sure what to feel about Neeld? Sure his credentials stack up, but I can't help but feel the same as when we announced Bailey! Underwhelmed. Like Bailey he is a little older and comes from a successful coaching panel. He's supposed to be a big part of the mastermind behind the frontal pressure game Collingwood play, so why am I feeling like he's not the right fit? I think I'm just disappointed that we couldn't land a big fish(again).

I feel your pain brother of not landing a big fish?? Think of it this way..we land a young smaller fish who's been swimming with the big older fish for 4 years is not a bad thing.

Oh and and another thing....it's the first time in ages you probally have the money for getting better support around Neeld AND on the football Dept in general.

This, people may criticize you for floating around other peoples boards RG, but i think you have been constructive and adding to the discussion and dont regret your presence

Alot of my Collingwood mates says Neeld was the man who introduced the forward press into the Pies game plans.
Sounds like he's a man held in high respect at Pieland.

Bucks was responsible for the forward press but yes you are right, Neeld is held in high regard at Collingwood.

Great get for your club, just hope he stays with us for the remaining two weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back