Mega Thread Official Thread: Melbourne Coach 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing worth derision is the MFC. Missed out on the guy they've been chasing so hard to a richer club while they remain poor.

LOL, riteo you muppet, Lyon said on the footy show that the Dees never made an offer to Ross Lyon. Now one could say of course he would say that, but when Ross Lyon's now former manager Craig Kelly comes out and says the same thing, well then i'd be inclined to believe it.

Of course when you posted this, you wouldn't have known what was said on the footy show because you get it 2 hours after it goes to air. That's the problem with out West. The city is so far away from the rest of civilisation, it may as well keep going. Take it from me! I lived there for 25 years, but then i saw the light!!!

G.Lyon said on the Footy Show
"Let me make this clear to all the Melbourne Supporters out there that we are on track for a coach"

M.Malthouse on Ten One asked who he thinks will make the 8 in 2012
"Richmond and I think depends on whoever takes over Melbourne" with a smirk and a little wink to the panel.

Doesnt look like Gaz is in no rush to say or do anything sitting back waiting for the Grand final to come and go and make that announcement. I reckon the deal is done just waiting for Mick to win another.

Re: Mark Harvey available! what do we think?

closer to the truth than getting your gig
long list of ex-freo coaches not respected by anyone

Except us...well at least enough to invent a position for one :(

Rumour is Malthouse has signed and will be announced on the Wednesday after the grand final...not sure if my source is believable but would be a great get if it eventuates

Im not asking for names or numbers but some sort of clarification...

Would this person have any reason to know such information?

Are the associated with MFC in any way?

How well do you know them do they try and talk s**t?

The thing I like about these developments is that it looks like we'll be getting people from successful clubs around us. Burns WCE and Collingwood; MM and Neeld also; Craig from the Crows. Take your pick.
Meanwhile, Fremantle get Ross Lyon from the Saints - sure, they've gone really close, but their culture is clearly lacking. And Freo... well, even we can laugh at them now.

The criteria last time around was success ... And look what happened!

For me three options:
1. Operation get malthouse - what ever it takes! Get every member to donate $100 if you have to!
2. Burns / Craig meal deal
3. Viney for a year then option 1

These are the only options for our club.

Im not asking for names or numbers but some sort of clarification...

Would this person have any reason to know such information?

Are the associated with MFC in any way?

How well do you know them do they try and talk s**t?

I got this from a second hand source.....a guy at uni told me he has a mate who works for melbourne and he claimed malthouse would come on the wednesday after grand final

I don't know if its true...we'll have to wait and see but it fits the bill why we r seemingly going nowhere in picking a coach yet seem so confident (g.lyon)

I got this from a second hand source.....a guy at uni told me he has a mate who works for melbourne and he claimed malthouse would come on the wednesday after grand final

I don't know if its true...we'll have to wait and see but it fits the bill why we r seemingly going nowhere in picking a coach yet seem so confident (g.lyon)
I want to believe! :thumbsu:

G.Lyon said on the Footy Show
"Let me make this clear to all the Melbourne Supporters out there that we are on track for a coach"

M.Malthouse on Ten One asked who he thinks will make the 8 in 2012
"Richmond and I think depends on whoever takes over Melbourne" with a smirk and a little wink to the panel.

Doesnt look like Gaz is in no rush to say or do anything sitting back waiting for the Grand final to come and go and make that announcement. I reckon the deal is done just waiting for Mick to win another.

This is EXACTLY what has convinced me that Malthouse will come to Melbourne in 2012. If it were the Malthouse bit alone, I probs woulda taken it lightly. But with Garry Lyon looking down the barrel of the cameras tonight and declaring Melbourne were on the right track for a new coach, especially after declaring he hadn't even CONTACTED Ross Lyon AT ALL... I'm convinced the deal is done tbh. And I really HOPE and PRAY that it is. fingers crossed. :thumbsu::D

This is EXACTLY what has convinced me that Malthouse will come to Melbourne in 2012. If it were the Malthouse bit alone, I probs woulda taken it lightly. But with Garry Lyon looking down the barrel of the cameras tonight and declaring Melbourne were on the right track for a new coach, especially after declaring he hadn't even CONTACTED Ross Lyon AT ALL... I'm convinced the deal is done tbh. And I really HOPE and PRAY that it is. fingers crossed. :thumbsu::D

That and a caller a few weeks back on SEN116 claimed to be a hotel worker who served Malthouse, Jim Stynes and Cameron Schwab dinner at his work a few weeks back got me thinking even more.

^ Interesing. I also agree with Davide when he said; I don't know if its true...we'll have to wait and see but it fits the bill why we r seemingly going nowhere in picking a coach yet seem so confident (g.lyon)

Garry Lyon seems to already have the next coach signed, sealed and delivered. And if it is indeed Malthouse, we all know he cannot spill a word until the pies are eliminated from the finals, or have already competed in the Grand Final itself (which we all expect them too). This will all come to head after the Grand Final, and I can only hope we've obtained the best possible option. =)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank God that we did not get Ross Lyon. To bring a club into disrepute. Saints Football has been unbearable to watch - and that is the last thing we need as a club ( yeah, I know, 186 is worse)

Thank God that we did not get Ross Lyon. To bring a club into disrepute. Saints Football has been unbearable to watch - and that is the last thing we need as a club ( yeah, I know, 186 is worse)

I agree that 'saints footy' is the most boring, vomit inducing, uninspired rubbish ever. Having said this, I don't care anymore. I just want to win and nothing else matters. Beats nice corridor footy that doesn't get us anywhere. I think we've lost out. Today proves it's a very sneaky landscape, malthouse is not out of the picture.

Very excited! My nephews best mate walks christie malthouses border collies. yesterday he was asked to walk a Bichon frise that christie said belongs to a 'friend'. when he turned up at her flat Rupert the Bichon Frise was wearing a little demons dog coat.

Im not saying it was definitly Micks dog. But he does seem like the type to have a fluffy white dog called rupert.

If the news about Lyon and Scully isn't enough to convince the MFC that we need to play hardball and go out and get what we want, then we deserve whatever crap we get. We need to stop being so mild and patient and just nab somebody decent. If we sit around umming and ahhing we are going to end up with another rookie and it will be Dean Bailey all over again. I really hope Gary Lyon wasn't serious when he said he was waiting around for Ross Lyon to finish talking with St Kilda before making any approach. Regardless of whether we wanted him or not, that is not anywhere near pro-active enough. No coach would come to a club that is that patient and undetermined. As distasteful as this Freo/Lyon thing was, I think we need to take a leaf out of their book because we are never going to get anywhere without the right coach.

Very excited! My nephews best mate walks christie malthouses border collies. yesterday he was asked to walk a Bichon frise that christie said belongs to a 'friend'. when he turned up at her flat Rupert the Bichon Frise was wearing a little demons dog coat.

Im not saying it was definitly Micks dog. But he does seem like the type to have a fluffy white dog called rupert.

Hahahaha, very good sir! :D

Re: Did We Make A Mistake By Not Taking Kevin Sheedy?

North are showing signs, we're not - and in less time!

Geelong have defied all critics to come out as the dark horse in the GF run this year

Hardwick is s**t, yes

Agree with you Syl, maybe there's a future for us yet?! Geelong were tipped by lots of people to freefall this year so you can't just brush away there performance.

Re: Mark Harvey available! what do we think?

Thread could be combined with the Redraft a reject thread.
Since Collingwood have moved MM from his coaching duties not the other way around would you say he's technically a reject :D

Seriously Freo were a shoe in for top 4 untill they got raped with injuries (most of them unavoidable) Freo will regret this and I think St K should go for him like a bull in a china shop.

I'm convinced MM will be in the red & blue in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back