News OFFICIAL: Thurlow traded to Sydney for pick 70

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another player who showed great potential in his first year who seemed to lose it after some injury troubles. I do think this one could come back to bite us in the future if Thurlow can rediscover the form that impressed us all initially. I wish him all the best for the future.

He's completely lost his speed over the first 10m. Pretty annoyed as I really thought he'd be something.
Do you think it was his knee just not working as well anymore, or mental in that he wasn't trusting it and not digging in.
Its a shame as he used to be one of new guys who was going to be a shining light for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad about this one - just as I was disappointed we didn't play him consistently enough to see his real potential.
If he becomes a jet at the Swans there is a serious need for introspection in relation to our development and coaching.

Some of Geelong’s first picks in recent years have been disastrous- Cockatoo, Lang, Thurlow, Kersten, Smedts, Menzel, Brown.
Regardless of reasons it’s not great reading.

Wells not the magician then?

Is our 2012 to 2015 drafts the worst in the league?

Last edited:
Another player who showed great potential in his first year who seemed to lose it after some injury troubles. I do think this one could come back to bite us in the future if Thurlow can rediscover the form that impressed us all initially. I wish him all the best for the future.
Even if he does well, doesn't mean it bites us.

sucks... :(

Reckon Jacko can play and will probably end up being played in a position to his skillset and do damn well.

And good luck to him.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back