Analysis Official Tom Phillips Toast or Roast Thread -- Brought By Popular Demand - POLL ADDED

What is your opinion about Tom Phillips?

• Good honest player who needs to clean up his skills

Votes: 44 64.7%
  • Prolific ball magnet who butchers the ball by foot

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • Scared of his own shadow and makes Ryan Lonie look like Gavin Brown

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • So arrogant he should change his surname to Wilson and nick off overseas

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Wish you looked like him so you could bang Emma Stone

Votes: 18 26.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So he was overlooked when he was 18 and then picked the following year good on him for turning it around,I am certain at least 12 to 14 clubs would pick him up tomorrow if he were available,Langdon also copped it on here for being an over ager and he goes alright.!2 months is not much difference to slight skinny kids by the way.

I like it when he take 19 year olds from the TAC. I'm willing to bet that the hit-rates on them are significantly higher than those taken at 18.

Is Flippa banging Emma Stone? Be very hard to argue against him being elite if that's true.

Any truth that rumour started when someone was heard to say he's between a rock and a hard place?

The first 2 options are basically the same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

given all the debate I would have preferred a proper poll with just two options:

1. Do you see him as a quality player that is in our best 22
2. Do you seem as outside the best 22 and has too many deficiencies to be getting a regular game

For scons and a cup of tea?

Cuteness is short lived.. handsome is for life.
Don't think he is the scones and cup of tea type with all those tatts.

Most likely a beer for him and a red for me and I would love to know more about his early years. Seems like a good son.

Last edited:
I like his hair. I like it most when it’s long and floppy and he has to flick it out of his eyes. Which looks annoying, especially when playing footy, but bad luck. It’s the look and style that count. Phillips has ‘it’.

Poll should have a truthful option:

Thomas Phillips is really Ryan Thomas Gosling and he prefers Eva Mendes *

* for those not familiar with such matters R Tom Gosling is consciously coupling with Ms Mendes.

Last edited:
I'm no authority on how much of a pretty boy Flippa is, but he is no pea heart! That is total cr*p.

His disposal is iffy, no question. Not sure if he is keeping Daicos and Sier out of the side because neither of them play on the wing. He is well suited to his role with obvious improvement needed in his decision making at times and his disposal under pressure.

All I’ll say is this debate makes a pleasant change from those endless, divisive Buckley posts and threads that polluted the board 2015 - 2017. Thank the footy gods that topic has finally been put to rest and now the angst is only at individual player level these days. Good times :handfist:

I remember the Benny Johnson helicopter kick bleating that when on for years. Quickly forgotten once he had the premiership cup in one hand and medallion around his neck ;)

BJ was always a favorite of mine. For all his foibles he had great pace, a better than average mark for his size, and was very good defensively. Who'll ever forget the Burgoyne goal square defrocking.

I'm not voting, he's too polarising. One minute I love him for getting his arse to the hot spot, the next minute I want to rip my eyeballs out after seeing a disgusting turnover which happens all too regularly. He ends up neutral.

Back