List Mgmt. Official 2016 trade period discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I realise that these damaged apples also got access to cheap computers and internet and could launch their thoughts at strangers on the world wide web, like they used to throw their own effluent at motorists passing through their shanty towns in their fancy horseless carriages.

Glad the only damaged apple I see face to face is VD then.

If we lose Stanley and Smith to injury, does that mean Blicavs and Buzza as the Ruck/CHF combo? Good lord.

I guess Stanley, Smith and Blicavs are pretty durable, so we may not see that combo yet.

I think House is an absolute certainty now to be rookie drafted... It would be pretty safe to rookie him, I doubt many clubs would be interested in his services come National Draft time.

Basically our rucks are smith and stanley and at a pinch blitz (second ruck fine he is not a first ruck). Buzza is not ready for afl next year. Key forwards are hawkins and black and if we get an injury taylor or hendo will need to go to CHF. We could use house as a rookie although i think he will need at least 12 months until he is afl ready.

Basically our rucks are smith and stanley and at a pinch blitz (second ruck fine he is not a first ruck). Buzza is not ready for afl next year. Key forwards are hawkins and black and if we get an injury taylor or hendo will need to go to CHF. We could use house as a rookie although i think he will need at least 12 months until he is afl ready.
For the last couple of years Darcy Cameron's name crops up on the "mature aged player" watch-list.

Considering we thinned the ruck options by delisting the rookies Lucey and Read and now sent Clark on his way I wonder if it is finally Cameron's time to shine.

21 and standing 204cm and weighing in at 104kgs he appears to have had another reasonable year in the WAFL.

Didn't average huge numbers in 2016; 8 kicks, 3 handballs and 5 marks a game to go along with his 12 hitouts but he looks to have added some goal kicking to his repertoire booting 36 goals in his 19 games.

Yeah but not very good ones (unless you think HT will be a gun chf for 12 months). Everywhere else we have good options.
Im hoping wells has spotted a diamond somewhere noone else was looking. The forward options are now very poor. Hope he proves me wrong on clark. We need a talented big forward, especially if hawk goes down

SO salty. Your mob is 2 years off a rebuild. Way to waste Dangerfield. :)
And yours is 36 years into a 50 year rebuild.

Can anyone tell me when our final list is due, To my understanding there is another period for DFA soon or is that after the draft?

First list lodgement mon 31st oct delisted free agency opens the day after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confused as to why people think it was a bad decision to let Clark go. Even putting his body/mental issues aside, he was crap this year. Terrible in the single game he played and was very average even at VFL level except for that one game where he kicked 4 or 5 (although I'm pretty sure we won by 100 points).

It was the right call. We do lack depth in the forward line but I assume Wells has something in mind.

And yours is 36 years into a 50 year rebuild.
He's gone and got banned.

Not a peep of complaint.

Born to troll.

Go Catters

Okay, I don't have a great understanding of trade period. As far as I can see we seem to have a lot of players leave the building one way or another. We don't seem to have had many come in, so my questions are:

does the club have to fill all vacant spots?
if so, where are these players going to come from, baby draft? but where else?
if not, we must still have a lot of vacant spots so where are the players going to come from?
lastly the biggest mystery to me; who is going to kick out goals next season?

Any short, simple answers would be appreciated. I don't have time for 300+ pages. "No one knows" is a perfectly valid answer.

Surely Luxford will be cut

Depends on (33 on senior list currently)
1) how many spots we want for ND
2) whether we elevate ruggles or he stays on rookie list
3) whether we go 38/6 39/5 or 40/4 on list numbers.

If we want 5 slots for the draft and 38/6 again then we have to delist one more player to elevate ruggles. Otherwise we can elevate ruggles and go 39/5 if we dont delist anyone.

Okay, I don't have a great understanding of trade period. As far as I can see we seem to have a lot of players leave the building one way or another. We don't seem to have had many come in, so my questions are:

does the club have to fill all vacant spots?
if so, where are these players going to come from, baby draft? but where else?
if not, we must still have a lot of vacant spots so where are the players going to come from?
lastly the biggest mystery to me; who is going to kick out goals next season?

Any short, simple answers would be appreciated. I don't have time for 300+ pages. "No one knows" is a perfectly valid answer.

No as per below we can go 2 short senior list and 2 extra rookies as we did this year.
We can take any player in the ND and RD, either u18s or mature age (we will probably do both).

He's gone and got banned.

Not a peep of complaint.

Born to troll.

Go Catters

I find that type really are typical of the Vic mindset that GWS guys complain about. He has ZERO Premierships in the AFL , as it stand Richmond are about as relevant as University to Premiership tallies in the AFL

My question is (not directly at you per se) is who banned him?
Was it one of our guys?
I ask because that kind of post should be an insta day off.
He got a day off.

His account is still active but infracted.

And it was me.

Go Catters

He got a day off.

His account is still active but infracted.

And it was me.

Go Catters

H23hMbY.gif

Depends on (33 on senior list currently)
1) how many spots we want for ND
2) whether we elevate ruggles or he stays on rookie list
3) whether we go 38/6 39/5 or 40/4 on list numbers.

If we want 5 slots for the draft and 38/6 again then we have to delist one more player to elevate ruggles. Otherwise we can elevate ruggles and go 39/5 if we dont delist anyone.

I went right off Ruggles but if I was him and played AFL footy in 2016 I would be super pissed if they kept Luxford ahead of promoting me onto the senior list.

That said I feel they would have announced all the delistings at once and Clark may be the only one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back