Mega Thread Official Trade Week Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it all here, both MFC and other supporters.

Remember, when posters visit here or you venture onto other teams boards to keep it respectful.

There will be plenty of rumors going round & I suspect most wont be true, let's hope the good ones for the MFC are true.

This is one of the biggest weeks on Big Footy so expect a fair bit of traffic.

Enjoy

Information released or confirmed trades:

MFC to go for a GWS 17yo:

Things I'd like to see by the time I head off to evening Bible Study next Monday:
+Someone paying overs for at least one of the following: Warnock, Dunn, Bate, Spencil, Newton (you never know :p)
+A hard bodied mid and/or a small forward of quality coming our way.
+Us being as attractive to players as we are to assistant coaching staff.
+IF we choose to go after OMeara, getting him.

Apparently in the box seat to secure Jaeger O'Meara - between us and GC.

Box seat is mis-leading. We are one of the only clubs outside of GC who can make a realistic crack at him, but there is zero guarantee we actually will. Not saying it won't happen but we have been given no indication at all that it will.

Other than trying to get a gws mini draft pick and dealing off Warnock and maybe Bate I wouldn't expect any major moves.
Agree. Unless Dawes has a change of heart, can't imagine any big fish out there that we'd be chasing.

Apparently the Saints have salary cap issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to offload Goddard this year before GWS get their hands on him next year. He's a great player but not sure if he'd fill one of Neeld's gaps.

Contrary to the way Melbourne have played it in years gone by, I believe that Garry Lyon subscribes to the theory that you build your side around 5 or 6 guns - and the rest make up the numbers.

We've already got reasonable depth, so it wouldnt surprise me if he pushes hard for us to trade to secure O'Meara.

Trading 2 players and 3 first round draft picks and securing the best teen in the country.. not major enough for you?

Why do we keep believing this deal will actually happen? That the club are deep in talks to make a huge play and that we will offer picks and duds to get us over the line?

It's the BF way really. Discuss something for long enough and we all start to believe it's going to happen and that it's the move to end all moves.

I'm 99.9% certain we won't make a play for the kid. With Viney waiting in the wings and a super draft in 2012 I just can't see us having any reason to do it.

Agree. Unless Dawes has a change of heart, can't imagine any big fish out there that we'd be chasing.

Apparently the Saints have salary cap issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to offload Goddard this year before GWS get their hands on him next year. He's a great player but not sure if he'd fill one of Neeld's gaps.

Goddard would fill many gaps, he would clearly be our best player. But him coming to the Dees is zero chance. It will be either St'Kilda, or GWS for Goddard, money or loyalty.

But definitely hoping we make a play for O'Meara. Would be a like for like replacement for Scully. All we lose is 2 years development on Scully. We would have to wait until 2013 to see him play, but to have him and Viney come to the club in the same year is more mouthwatering than Scully/Trengove. I love and hate trade week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goddard would fill many gaps, he would clearly be our best player. But him coming to the Dees is zero chance. It will be either St'Kilda, or GWS for Goddard, money or loyalty.

But definitely hoping we make a play for O'Meara. Would be a like for like replacement for Scully. All we lose is 2 years development on Scully. We would have to wait until 2013 to see him play, but to have him and Viney come to the club in the same year is more mouthwatering than Scully/Trengove. I love and hate trade week...
I agree that he'd be our best player, but I don't think he addresses our key forward problems, and given his age, I wouldn't throw the kitchen sink at him as a midfielder or backman.

Why do we keep believing this deal will actually happen? That the club are deep in talks to make a huge play and that we will offer picks and duds to get us over the line?

It's the BF way really. Discuss something for long enough and we all start to believe it's going to happen and that it's the move to end all moves.

I'm 99.9% certain we won't make a play for the kid. With Viney waiting in the wings and a super draft in 2012 I just can't see us having any reason to do it.

And Im 99.9% certain you'd have no idea whether we will make a play for O'Meara or not.

I wasnt inferring that I think a deal will get over the line, I was responding to Blackas87's post suggesting outside of trading Bate and Warnock, and offering up our compensation draft picks, we wouldnt be making any major moves. My point was that if we did make those moves, it would be a reasonably major involvement in trade week imo.

Fwiw my opinion is we probably will have a crack at it - as in my post above, I think Garry Lyon likes the idea of securing top end talent, and topping the list up after that.

One team with cash to spend this week is Melbourne, but only for the right target and that is unlikely to be Gilbert. The Demons had allocated significant funds to keep Tom Scully, and those can now be diverted elsewhere.

Several Melbourne fringe players have requested a trade, including forward Matthew Bate, Addam Maric and Matthew Warnock.

So 3 want out...

Bate the only one for mine with any value.

I'd like to see a 3 way deal maybe with Hawthorn/Adelaide to help with the Gunston deal.

Maybe say: Adelaide get Hawks 1st round and Bate, Melbourne get Lisle and the Hawks Gunston.

Goddard was apparently as one eyed a Carlton supporter as they come.
Cannot rule out Carlton for Goddard, I dont think its just a rumour,
I believe he'd sacrifice the GWS lure to go there.

O'Meara, make it happen, I agree with you, we lost Scully and we need
another quality kid. Scully compo about our limit though, Maric as a
sweetener - only if rumours are true that Maric wants out.

+Someone paying overs for at least one of the following: Warnock, Dunn, Bate, Spencil, Newton (you never know :p)
I know it was a super wishful thinking joke, but you can't trade a rookie list player anyway :(

So 3 want out...

Bate the only one for mine with any value.

I think Maric is the one with trade value, might not be much but he's got age on his side & was never give much of a chance under Bailey. Not saying he'll go but in my mind he'd attract interest from the greatest number of clubs thinking that Bailey just couldn't get the best out of him

I'd like to see a 3 way deal maybe with Hawthorn/Adelaide to help with the Gunston deal.

Maybe say: Adelaide get Hawks 1st round and Bate, Melbourne get Lisle and the Hawks Gunston.

We give up Bate & get Lisle :thumbsu:
But no chance, we are major winners in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back