Mega Thread Official Trade Week Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks more likely we will get nothing for Maric though, which is a shame. What was he, pick 19?

Yeah about that. It's a shame but really unless we got something better than pick 52 (which we just got from GC for Warnock) it was always going to be worth nothing anyway. We won't use more than 3 picks.

I only know a little bit about Warnock. Anyone care to shed some light on him?
Will he be of benefit to us, helping Bock + our young KPD?

He is a pretty good stopper, just a big body down back to put on a gorilla forward. He was nearly BOG every week in the VFL. I thought he was alright for quite a bit of the season in 2010 but our backline was just settled with other talls this year, so he didn't get a chance.

Disposal is dodgy, but its just a good big body to have down back while your kids mature?

He is a pretty good stopper, just a big body down back to put on a gorilla forward. He was nearly BOG every week in the VFL. I thought he was alright for quite a bit of the season in 2010 but our backline was just settled with other talls this year, so he didn't get a chance.

Disposal is dodgy, but its just a good big body to have down back while your kids mature?

Pretty much sums it up except I would class dispoal and decision making as disgusting not dodgey. If you want to see the worst of him watch the Melbourne v Carlton bruise free match and see why he became the first (and I reckon last ever) full back to be subbed out of a game due to form only.

Having said that he will often stop a big player and when on song is hard to kick goals against. A decent stop gap measure for the Suns no doubt- I think he will play 2 seasons for you before being squeezed out by your gun kids :thumbsu:

In all honesty Warnock is a dud mate.

The reason he couldnt get a game at the MFC is cos every time he did play he got a bag kicked on him.

Thanks guys, had a feeling he wasn't all that special.

@Demon 86: I found a link to the game, when did he get subbed out? Second quarter?

He's a good honest tryer mate. If he is left 1 v 1 he tends to struggle a bit but can do a job.

He would fit in perfectly to a good defensive structure like a Hawthorn or Collingwood where he can be supported, but he is more of a short term gap filler then a good prospect.

I wish him all the best in GC though, deserves another go and I hope he goes well!

Thanks guys, had a feeling he wasn't all that special.

@Demon 86: I found a link to the game, when did he get subbed out? Second quarter?

Hey mate sorry can't remember, maybe around half time? He drops an uncontested chest mark in front of goal which Eddie Betts (or someone else) walks into and goals, clangs most of his kicks for the night and gets taken off around the start of the 3rd I think.

He was not alone that night everyone was terrible, and it's perhaps unfair to watch that one game alone but it gave me and many other nightmares for a long time and sealed his fate at the MFC...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little disappointed with the Warnock trade. I can't see a Caddy trade happening now. I guess it's better than nothing but I would have thought Warnock could have been milked for a bit more.

A little disappointed with the Warnock trade. I can't see a Caddy trade happening now. I guess it's better than nothing but I would have thought Warnock could have been milked for a bit more.

Warnock is a complete and utter hack.

How can you expect more than pick 52?

Warnock is a complete and utter hack.

How can you expect more than pick 52?

It's not about what he's worth, it's about what we can get for him. I wouldn't say he's a complete and utter hack. If he were the same quality player but a CHF he would get a game for us. Unluckily for him, one of the few areas on the ground that we aren't completely lacking in is with key defenders.

Worse players have been milked for better picks.

I don't think we'd offer more than one compo pick.

Compo + 36 for Caddy?

2x Comp for Caddy + 26 would get a deal done IMO....

But I can't see us giving that much up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back