Offseason - Delusional Pearlers

Remove this Banner Ad

Happens every year during the silly season; some of the statements on BigFooty go to the beyond ridiculous levels. A time when stupidity reaches such a heightened level that we really should look at suspending the rules for a couple months so that we can rightfully label people as morons.

So what delusional pearlers have you seen this offseason?

Thought I'd start things off with a few good ones I've seen from the Richmond 'ever hopefuls' :rolleyes:

(happy to quote them; just need clarifying from the Mods on whether I can quote here from other boards without sanction)

Essendon made a mistake recruiting Heppell when they could have kept Houli.....

Love the logic there, the kid performed better than ANY of the young draftees - and we stuffed up recruiting him. Gets even funnier when you drill down into the stats and realise Heppell matched or exceeded Houli's output all year; and when you look at anything contested absolutely wipes the floor with him. And he was in his first season.

Yeah sure; we are devastated by that get......

Richmond have at least three players better than Essendon's best player (Watson).....

Can add Reiwoldt to that list too and mount a very strong case for Deledio

Referring to Riewoldt, Cotchin and Martin.

Really? So why aren't you superstars top four material? This one was a pissa, because a specific claim that Cotchin and Martin had 'gone past Watson' had me nearly wet myself laughing when I pointed out the ridiculous gaps between Watson's output versus those two.

Vickery has gone past Hurley......

Now I do rate Vickery, but this was just ludicrous.

I must have missed Vickery's game saving outmarking of saint Nick, his four goals to put the tigers into the finals, his absolute pantsing of the reigning Coleman medallist....

So to summarise the more delusional Richmond belief is that Richmond has three to four players better than Essendon's best, a half back who was a far better pick up than the Rising Star winner and the games best prospect. Guns. Cert for the flag this year.

I picked Richmond as a starter, but there are heaps.

What delusional offseason dribble have you seen thus far?

You should hear my family at Christmas. To paint the picture all my aunties/ uncles on both mum and dads side are Richmond, my wife was Richmond and the rest of the inbreds are Richmond too.

Lucky for us football isn't played at Christmas time. Because its a joyus occasion. But, if footy season was inclusive of Christmas it would be very depressing.

The claims that I have heard this year about the tigers is similar to what I hear each year, but this year they are slightly more serious, more expectant.

If they finish outside the 8 again, you watch them tear apart hardwick.....

Im glad im in the opposite sash.....

North Melbourne supporters are hilarious. Apparently they will be top four next year with the best midfield in the competition. Lachie Hansen is better than Hurley and Lindsay Thomas is better than Crameri.:D

Hawk fans will be in for a shock this season imo, seems like 2012 is in the bag according to most of them.

Most Nth & Rich fans are living in la la land & are easily the most delusional & annoying on bigfooty.

Hawk fans will be in for a shock this season imo, seems like 2012 is in the bag according to most of them.

Most Nth & Rich fans are living in la la land & are easily the most delusional & annoying on bigfooty.

Dunno..... Melbourne fans are pretty freakin delusional......

See at least Hawthorn supporters have something to base their optimism on; they were very stiff not to be playing in the GF in 2011.

Whereas Norf and Richmond supporters are constantly telling us that they're better off not making finals, than finishing 8th like us, because it'll hold them in good stead for their finals onslaught in 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure similar threads popped up on opposition boards early last year when we had our own top 4 thread. The majority of us did not see that as an option. I'm sure most sane North supporters don't consider Hansen better than Hurley.

I'm sure similar threads popped up on opposition boards early last year when we had our own top 4 thread. The majority of us did not see that as an option. I'm sure most sane North supporters don't consider Hansen better than Hurley.

Which one of the three supporters is sane?

North supporters have said Atley will be better than Heppell.

Atley better than Heppell, ffs!

What about the Carlton thread before this year when they got Collins. A thread started called something like Collins - The next James Hird. Hahah he went well for them this year didnt he.

I have never seen opposition supporters act as clownish as Richmond supporters after they won the dreamtime with our injuries just starting to creep in as they do every year around that time.

I had Richmond supporers laughing at the fact that Zaharakis won our B&F last year, until I pointed out that Houli came fourth in theirs.

Put it down folks, the way he's going, and with the sh1t list he's inherited, it's got to be him [Hird to be first coach to be sacked 2012]. There's no one in that list that's even remotely good.

Good luck to him for the rest of his coaching career, ie 6 games.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bash is practically my favourite player at the club. Great work ethic and an obvious F U Essendon attitude all our players should have. Beautiful kick of the footy. Look forward to watching him link up with Ellis who is also supposedly a great kick.

Brilliant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back