NFL Offseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said the team still does not know if suspended WR Martavis Bryant will be reinstated.

"We have no information. We have no idea if we’ll get information (before the draft) or not," Colbert said Monday. "We have to operate under the assumption that, until he is here, he is not here." Bryant has widely been expected to gain reinstatement, but Colbert is clearly not taking that for granted. Whether that means the Steelers are just being prudent or have been given a heads up remains to be seen. Either way, it will not be surprising if Pittsburgh invests an early-round pick on a pass catcher this week.

Source: Observer-Reporter

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said the team still does not know if suspended WR Martavis Bryant will be reinstated.

"We have no information. We have no idea if we’ll get information (before the draft) or not," Colbert said Monday. "We have to operate under the assumption that, until he is here, he is not here." Bryant has widely been expected to gain reinstatement, but Colbert is clearly not taking that for granted. Whether that means the Steelers are just being prudent or have been given a heads up remains to be seen. Either way, it will not be surprising if Pittsburgh invests an early-round pick on a pass catcher this week.

Source: Observer-Reporter

F**k the NFL for doing s**t like this. every year it happens, teams wont find out about some players till after the draft. Which is bullshit because it changes teams draft needs.
Some times its about player reinstatement, other times its about length of suspensions or if they will be suspended. F**king amateur hour in the league office.

F**k the NFL for doing s**t like this. every year it happens, teams wont find out about some players till after the draft. Which is bullshit because it changes teams draft needs.
Some times its about player reinstatement, other times its about length of suspensions or if they will be suspended. F**king amateur hour in the league office.

Thats what you get with a leader like this.

images-15.jpg

Does that make Andy Reid Winston Churchill :p

lol I can visualise Reid with a bulldog on his lap and a cigar in his mouth.

Jest aside:
I would rather sit down and have a :beercheers::beercheers: or two with Andy Reid any day of the week than with that New York Jets planted gangrene muppet.

Then again I am sure Roger speaks highly of me too. :p

lol I can visualise Reid with a bulldog on his lap and a cigar in his mouth.

Jest aside:
I would rather sit down and have a :beercheers::beercheers: or two with Andy Reid any day of the week than with that New York Jets planted gangrene muppet.

Then again I am sure Roger speaks highly of me too. :p
I don't think anyone has ever accused Goodell of being good company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 2 down back who cant block in a pass heavy O.

I see this being a train wreck. He will want to run more. And he will miss a blitz and get Brees killed. Do is Ingram now inly 3rd down back.

A 2 down back who cant block in a pass heavy O.

I see this being a train wreck. He will want to run more. And he will miss a blitz and get Brees killed. Do is Ingram now inly 3rd down back.
Also can't catch.

ngs0h55dyoty.jpg

Despite the perceptions the Saints run a pretty orthodox O (albeit pass heavy) & that will suit AP .

None of our backs are ever expected to be workhorses & that will suit AP at this stage of his career too.

I like the signing if for no other reason than we might actually run the ball a bit more. :)

Seahawks GM John Schneider said the Raiders and Marshawn Lynch are "still talking."

Schneider also reiterated the draft deadline Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie set for a deal last week. "I would think Reggie would want to go into the draft knowing that they have another runner or not," Schneider said. The Raiders reportedly want to pay Lynch $3 million a year while the running back is looking for closer to $5 million. A compromise near the $3.5 million Adrian Peterson will get from the Saints could work for both sides, but it needs to happen quickly.

Source: Seattle Times

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bengals want a first-round pick "at least" for A.J. McCarron.

In other words, the Bengals do not want to trade A.J. McCarron. Scheduled to be a restricted free agent (pending arbitration) after this season, McCarron is under cheap team control for the next two years, so the Bengals have zero incentive to move him for anything less than their price. He will sit behind Andy Dalton for at least another season.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

NFL conditionally reinstated suspended Steelers WR Martavis Bryant.

Bryant's second NFL suspension is over after 407 days. Many players — Justin Blackmon, Daryl Washington, Josh Gordon — fail to make it back after being slapped with indefinite bans, so Bryant is ahead of the curve in that regard. He's one strike away from what would likely be permanent ineligibility, however. The 25 year old has to be a perfect citizen from here on out. A pterodactyl-like touchdown scorer, Bryant has 14 scores in 21 career games, and has averaged 17.3 yards per catch. He has the ability to be one of the biggest difference makers in the game at receiver. He was desperately missed opposite Antonio Brown in 2016. Bryant's upside and downside are equally self evident.

Apr 25 - 4:06 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back