AFLW Offseason List Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

If people think it is bad now, it is going to get a lot worse, at least you had a couple of years to settle a team somewhat, in 2020 there will be another 4 teams that will come in and we will be getting raided the moment our foot is in the door.
I'm more pissed off we didn't win a flag before we got raided.

Suns taking players off us is inevitable come 2020, we blew our chance to win the thing

Suns taking players off us is inevitable come 2020, we blew our chance to win the thing

There should not be the negativity. Glass 3/4 full.
North select 4 so no Geelong raid.
You are only allowed to re-sign 23 that mean do not have to delist many.
Hope there are not many that want a trade
VFLW season in 2018 with Southern Saints and Richmond. (should only need marquee players)
Winter series have Lions and Suns academies playing this year.
Trust the Lions coaching and development. Lutkins improved and other new recruits did not play but can in 2019.

Thank you for being one of the few people out there that acknowledge that Ashmore is heading home to NMFC. She is a MUWFC player after all.

It helps when the Football Operations Manager of the entire football club is also the president of MUWFC and has been for 7-8 years.

Why are so many Brisbane fans so convinced you're going to be raided by GC?

I mean, Club with 2 high finishes in the first 2 years. Vs playing for the plastics.... I know which I'd take.

I mean, Club with 2 high finishes in the first 2 years. Vs playing for the plastics.... I know which I'd take.
We have a few Gold Coasters on our list, Leah Kaslar, Ariana, Kalinda Howarth etc.

Because it will be a second Queensland team, most players will not be willing to move from Victoria or SA or WA (which will get a second team too) so CG won't be raiding vic clubs (with an exception for 2-4 players overall)

It is important that Brisbane is pro-active in the development of Queensland players, it will be far easier to retain good quality locals than it will players from other states especially when there isn't a lot of money on offer in the short-term, it is a big ask to be forced to move state on what isn't a very good economic deal.

Our longer-term goal is to have half the squad from Tasmania, that will take some time as the academy in Tasmania hasn't been going that long, but realistically, between Tasmania and MU, we will develop a significant surplus of players which will be beneficial for the entire league.

I just don't think the AFL has done the expansion of the AFLW very well, foundation clubs should have been the ones that have been generating talent and expansion clubs have priority access to youth and develop from state leagues and then have a more restricted form of marquee free agency the final year before moving from a state league to the national league. These transitions are completely artificial.

AFL has made expansion a lot more convoluted because they kept Geelong and North out of the AFLW at the foundation and there are a lot of players that have grassroot links to both clubs. Clubs that never developed from grassroots level or develop their own players are going to be most at risk of haemorrhaging players.

Geelong should have got a gig before Carlton did, think every non-Carlton fan will agree on that. Also agree we should be proactive in developing good local players (this goes for men and womens).

Geelong should have got a gig before Carlton did, think every non-Carlton fan will agree on that. Also agree we should be proactive in developing good local players (this goes for men and womens).

Geelong the town that had no women's league and one women's team with a questionable culture?

It is obvious why Carlton and Collingwood had teams.

Need a supporter base to support a league. It would have been better if the VFLW changes were done in 2015 instead of last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashmore, Emma King, Hope all official.

Looking at the VFLW, the number of times teams with few AFLW players beat teams with more, and the number of times non AFLW players feature in best player lists even in games with lots of AFLW players shows there is still untapped depth there.

That's without the TAC cup girls playing seniors yet, which should start soon.

Add in an expanded comp, and I don't think the diluting the talent issue is the issue people think.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

North will have a massive * next to their premiership if they win it next season.

LOL.

Jeezo, listen to the interviews with the players when they sign with. Very clear they consider us their actual club.

(Using that logic your men's flags all have a massive * next to them too)

LOL.

Jeezo, listen to the interviews with the players when they sign with. Very clear they consider us their actual club.

(Using that logic your men's flags all have a massive * next to them too)

Maybe your 'club' should have tried harder to get an inaugural AFLW team?

LOL, the only reason your club got one was its location.

Maybe your ‘club’ should’ve tried harder to retain it’s players.
North have broken no rules, all our signings have been ticked off by the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back