News Offseason News 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I decided to make this thread so that all the news from the off season doesn't get lost in the list management monster thread and is therefore easy to find. _Mike_ can we have this thread pinned so it is easy to access?

Delistings and retirements:

Shane Biggs
Kieran Collins
Nathan Mullenger-McHugh
Clay Smith
Jack Redpath
Tom Campbell
Mitch Honeychurch

Confirmed Trades and free agency movements:

Dahlhaus to Geelong via Free Agency (Dogs receive pick 25 as compo)

Jordan Roughead to Collingwood for pick 75

Marcus Adams to Brisbane for pick 32 and Hawthorn's 2019 3rd round pick.

Taylor Duryea to Dogs for a future 4th round pick

Sam Lloyd to Dogs for pick 64

Drafted Players :

National Draft

- Bailey Smith
26 - Rhylee West
37 - Laitham Vandermeer
45 - Ben Cavarra
78 - Will Hayes

Rookie Draft

Preselected -
Buku Khamis
6 - Lachlan Young
23 - Jordan Sweet

Coaching/Admin Changes:

Re-signings:

Roarke Smith (until the end of 2019)
Dale Morris (until the end of 2019)
Lin Jong (until the end of 2020)
Billy Gowers (until the end of 2020)
Mitch Wallis (until the end of 2021)
Brad Lynch (until the end of 2020)

Last edited:

Met with the club today. Has it been confirmed yet?
Bevo hinted at an announcement today, but nothing forthcoming so far.

It's a shame blokes like Tom Browne get onto these things and steal their thunder. Assuming it happens this will be Redpath's last moments in the sun. It'd be nice if he could go out at the time and in the manner of his choosing rather than suddenly find himself to be yesterday's news after the post-game press conference with Bevo.

I'm not blaming Bevo BTW ... he was asked point blank and he tried to deflect but he didn't want to lie outright.

Hes gonna donate his old nipples to The Louvre
Saw them leave the whitten oval this morning.

images

RIP Bluey Hampshire. 111 games for the Dogs 1976-82. 32 games as coach 82-83. Bluey always give his all, in spite of being often outsized as a Ruckman. Took over as coach after Royce Hart and actually had the Dogs pushing for a finals spot in 83, before they fell away late. A true Bulldogs man, Bluey got great delight in the 2016 flag win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are the players now allowed to go off on holidays, or when do they start?

Schache put a photo up on his insta story of a boarding pass to LA, Ghosty in the photo too. Imagine probably a couple more going at least

RIP Bluey Hampshire. 111 games for the Dogs 1976-82. 32 games as coach 82-83. Bluey always give his all, in spite of being often outsized as a Ruckman. Took over as coach after Royce Hart and actually had the Dogs pushing for a finals spot in 83, before they fell away late. A true Bulldogs man, Bluey got great delight in the 2016 flag win.

sad news - he was one of my favourite bulldogs. I posted a thread back in 2015 about him after he had a stroke.

This is an article about him from 2015

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...-a-severe-stroke/story-fnjuhovy-1227306577682

Schache put a photo up on his insta story of a boarding pass to LA, Ghosty in the photo too. Imagine probably a couple more going at least
Yes, saw that. Do they know the AU$ is at an all-year low?

sad news - he was one of my favourite bulldogs. I posted a thread back in 2015 about him after he had a stroke.

This is an article about him from 2015

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...-a-severe-stroke/story-fnjuhovy-1227306577682
What a shame :(. Couldn't have been that old.

Edit: 70 not old :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back