FTA-TV Offsiders 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I get Gerard and Waleed's point as to how we use technology as a crutch, but they used a terrible example to illustrate their point - the correct decision was reached at a critical juncture in a Grand Final.

Yet again though Gerard used his position as host to silence discussion by calling alternative arguments 'crap' - he's become increasingly intolerant and pompous since taking over from Barrie Cassidy.

On a brighter note, Waleed is a more concise and incisive game analyst than many AFL or NRL special comments gurus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not miss Gerahhhhhhhd last Sunday. Thought Underwood did a better job as host particularly with the Nick Kyrgios segment as she just sat there and let the conversation flow before giving her 2c (a moment that Gerahhhhhhhd would've ruined with his OTT pious BS) and then letting the convo continue.

Can't believe Whateley's massive rant about the touched goal being corrected to a behind. Lost some respect for him there.
I felt the same. He argued we use 2 dimensional technology in a 3 dimensional world. I have never heard him argue this point in a photo finish at the horse races, and he is a big racing fan calling many photo finisjes in his time. Photo finishes are definative in horse racing but bollocks in football. Go figure.

Fwiw, correct decision in the GF.

So I watched the first 7 minutes of this on Sunday for the first time this year and don't think I've seen a more miss informed sports show in my life. Did any of the panel have even a remote clue about the first two sports discussed (horse racing and rugby)?

Awful

I didn't see the Melbourne Cup special this morning. Did they avoid talking about the cruelty to horses and life crippling gambling to build up entitled campaigners as heroes and Harms chipped in with his everyday man colloquialism?
Gerard doesnt want to know about that side of the industry.

Todays ep with Underwood as host was much better. She doesnt rush off sports, gives each segment enough time and doesnt just show derision or ignorance about sports that aren't afl or horse racing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back