FTA-TV Offsiders

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
C'mon he's better than 90% of the s**t they get on there.

Also, I'm not fan of the NBL but they don't even mention it when it's the finals. But wait! WBBL gets 10 ******* minutes.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
C'mon he's better than 90% of the s**t they get on there.

Also, I'm not fan of the NBL but they don't even mention it when it's the finals. But wait! WBBL gets 10 ******* minutes.

His cricket views are remarkably misinformed.

Will be good to have Whately back.

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mel McLaughlin never adds much.

Is there any possibility they could talk about women's sport without name-dropping Meg Lanning and Ellyse Perry?

Darren Cahill's use of stats that matter is rare in tennis. Great to see a subject expert join the program who also happens to be easy to listen to. His strong all-sport background means he also had more to say about them than the others did.

I'll miss Kelli Underwood's hosting. Knowledgable, but knows not to take over the entire show and turn it into a personal vehicle (hi, Gerard).

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Mel is a bit boring but then again she's not like the regular hysterical s**t stirrers they get on there.

I found Cahill really interesting yesterday. Made Tennis seem interesting to someone who doesn't get in to Tennis.

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mel is a bit boring but then again she's not like the regular hysterical s**t stirrers they get on there.

I found Cahill really interesting yesterday. Made Tennis seem interesting to someone who doesn't get in to Tennis.

She sounds bored, she looks bored. I also get the distinct impression she'd much rather be talking about T20 and the English Premier League than anything to do with her current employment. But hey - money talks, so I don't blame her.

They do select the experts well. Lisa Alexander, Ange Postecoglou, Cahill - they're all good analysts and surprisingly diverse in their knowledge of other sports.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Richard Hinds is a smug *******
The worst thing about him is that he's smug and superior when dealing with 'the public' on Twitter but almost always is reverential around other media types on Offsiders even when they say stupid things.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Mel McLaughlin never adds much.

Is there any possibility they could talk about women's sport without name-dropping Meg Lanning and Ellyse Perry?

Darren Cahill's use of stats that matter is rare in tennis. Great to see a subject expert join the program who also happens to be easy to listen to. His strong all-sport background means he also had more to say about them than the others did.

I'll miss Kelli Underwood's hosting. Knowledgable, but knows not to take over the entire show and turn it into a personal vehicle (hi, Gerard).

With Kelli in the chair, there's significantly less gushing, breathlessness and big words for the sake of appearing intelligent.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bit rich she stuck the boot in to football considering she's a journo covering rugby union which is a clear fourth in the football code war at the moment.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The push to professionalise women's sport is just but I groaned upon realising that's what the entire ******* episode was about. No A-League or international cricket in the last week?

Back