FTA-TV Offsiders

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
She's the host so delegates conversations to the guests. When she has voiced her opinion it's normally been for good reason.

I really like her. She doesn’t turn it into a vehicle for her own ego, which I found to be an issue with Gerard Whateley. He’d editorialise, give someone a chance to speak, then have a second bite at the cherry.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
She's the host so delegates conversations to the guests. When she has voiced her opinion it's normally been for good reason.
i find her to be too interventionist and opinionated. have to admit to finding her voice grates, particularly when she's calling football, so i'm a bit biased. whateley was a far superior host and conversation guider imo. different strokes for different blokes i guess.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
i find her to be too interventionist and opinionated. have to admit to finding her voice grates, particularly when she's calling football, so i'm a bit biased. whateley was a far superior host and conversation guider imo. different strokes for different blokes i guess.

She doesn't want to * horses. Whately did. She guides it fine it's just going to script. The producer is her partner might I add.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Whateley would've lobbied to make the morning after Rugby World Cup episode an hour so he could still do 30 minutes on Melbourne campaigner Cup. He probably watched that episode, shook his head, thinking "It's falling apart without me".

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Whateley would've lobbied to make the morning after Rugby World Cup episode an hour so he could still do 30 minutes on Melbourne campaigner Cup. He probably watched that episode, shook his head, thinking "It's falling apart without me".

And they probably would have done it as they knew how valuable he was to them.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Watch it out of habit now and it's still just okay.

Sunday was worth it just for Haigh's "Racist grandpa" comment about Court. Then the netball coach tries to defend Court.

On a sports show? Gideon not noted for his tennis coverage, was he into stats or the PC stuff the ABC wallows in?

Offsiders seem to be as grimly determined to not mention the BBL as they are to not mention anything about the AFL trade week or indeed anything about any of the footy off-season (despite that making up a fair portion of their audience). I don't really care for tennis hardly at all and I don't care too much about soccer at the olympics, so it was a real slog with no upside this morning

Offsiders seem to be as grimly determined to not mention the BBL as they are to not mention anything about the AFL trade week or indeed anything about any of the footy off-season (despite that making up a fair portion of their audience). I don't really care for tennis hardly at all and I don't care too much about soccer at the olympics, so it was a real slog with no upside this morning
I think more people would have turned off if they discussed BBL which is a pile of s**t and where their support is dwindling every year. And It’s a national show isn’t it, why talk about AFL off season. Plenty of other shows/podcasts where you can listen for that.

I think more people would have turned off if they discussed BBL which is a pile of s**t and where their support is dwindling every year. And It’s a national show isn’t it, why talk about AFL off season. Plenty of other shows/podcasts where you can listen for that.
So the two major sports in this country should be ignored when they have actual events occurring? I'm not talking about wall-to-wall coverage, I'm just suggesting that they shouldn't be completely ignored.

Back