Universal Love Oh captain, my captain: Cotchin retires. There will never be another.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a sad day but one we all knew was coming. He is an absolute legend, we owe him everything because without him we don’t become successful. It’s been a pleasure to watch him, it just won’t be the same without himself, Jack and Dusty running around.

For a guy with Hollywood looks he was one of the toughest combatants to ever wear the y&b , triple premiership capt like wow who does that , he set a standard that others followed and a bond within the team that inspired dusty to spurn millions to remain at TIGERLAND,,,I’m gonna be a bloody mess seeing him for the last time but I cherish the opportunity to see off our champs this way ,it’s how we do it at RICHMOND

Has always confused me why this guy was hated by so many oppo
Basically the perfect role model and the type of son every parent would want. Doesn't do dodgy s**t, presents himself well, speaks well and obviously very loving and caring
Yet ppl cry over an accident 6 years ago because he was trying to win a ball hahah

Maybe that's why oppo fans cry about him

Great captain, great player and great person. What a career

Has always confused me why this guy was hated by so many oppo
Basically the perfect role model and the type of son every parent would want. Doesn't do dodgy s**t, presents himself well, speaks well and obviously very loving and caring
Yet ppl cry over an accident 6 years ago because he was trying to win a ball hahah

Maybe that's why oppo fans cry about him

Great captain, great player and great person. What a career
Any excuse to cut someone down to size , ffs peeps are already looking for a way to kick daicos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went ballistic when he did that. Outside of the grand finals that’s probably my favourite finals game. Nothing better than beating the handbaggers in their home games
We all went ballistic. What a fqn goal

I loved Martin's at the end of the 2nd quarter in the 2020 GF, everything changed after that!

And Cotch’s goal in 19 GF. Simple goal but brought a tear to my eye

Wasn't sure how good our number two pick was going to be...match started, then saw a young kid...with thick black coiffured hair... be brought to ground with the footy...who then instantly had the nous, smarts, instinct, reflexes, skills, determination, toughness, focus, agility and vision to flip to his side bring the footy to his foot with both hands and then kick it the right way forward...all whilst still on the footy field on his side...and more importantly his thick black coiffured hair undisturbed...
Sometime later in the game...the oppo were kicking the footy out from inside(remember that!) the goal square to one of their own team mates...as the full back took two steps...so did our young thick black coiffured haired number two pick...as the oppo full back kicked the footy to his team mate...our young thick black coiffured haired, number two pick, reached out with his arms intercepted and marked the oppo full back's kick out! Displaying wonderful nous, smarts, instinct, reflexes, skills, judgement, focus, agility and vision..
I knew then we had a player and also a hair style to marvel at!
Remember watching the u-18s preliminary final in 2007
Knights vs cannons
Knights had - kreuzer,,Cotchin,,vespremi,,grimes( demons one)
Cannons had- mckernan,,putt,, trengove
Knights were about 9 points up 5 minutes into 3rd quarter
Cotchin was in everything starring in the middle
A few seconds later he goes off with broken ankle, the Knights only score 1 more goal ,they get run over by a fast finishing calder cannons with young trengove completely destroying kreuzer,,, I walked away from princess Park, knowing in my ❤️ please please please Carlton take kreuzer with pick 1,, and let us have trent at pick 2,,, and the gods smiled on us that Saturday morning in November
Pick 1 - Carlton- Matthew kreuzer
Pick 2- Trent Cotchin
And the guru with his nephew and niece
Celebrated like it was as 1999
Thanks Captain

Last edited:
seen dozens of skppers @RFC,almost all of em legends,almost, but Trent one of if not no the greatest,stands alongside Royce n the revererd Captain Blood,thnks for the memories.i'll never forget your calm demeanour @ the 2017 GF parade amongst all the hysteria,went home knowing we was gonna win
u were as big as the beatles that day

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back