Roast Oh Ed, you've done it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh, nothing comment just some overly sensitive people in the world who take offence at anything. Just send them a bag of concrete and I am no fan of Eddie but really? Racial stereotypes. Try being a white anglo saxon male these days.

Try being a white anglo saxon male these days.

So true!

At my club the other day, my Rhodesian chum Tristan said that he was mocked at a fancy dress party for wearing blackface.

Poor fellow had to console himself by giving one of the waitresses a little tickle.

Try being a white anglo saxon male these days.
Yeah, I tell ya what, why not head out to Tennant Creek and live with those Indigenous People out there, they get all the breaks, little or no proper housing, limited electricity and water, living on $236 a week....why can't we 'white anglo saxon males' get to live that life?

Eddie has said some incredibly dumb things over the years,but I wouldn't count this as one of them.It was the sort of harmless joke that wouldn't have got any attention if it had been said by anyone else.And really,how many people were actually offended by the joke?How many people actually made a complaint?I'm betting that the number was miniscule.

If this comment causes people to officially complain, then life as we know it has gone to hell in a handcart. Anti-semitic? Give me a break please. This would be a couple of the usual suspects; loony zionists and easily outraged wowsers looking for relevance. Next.

I love your training reports. However, over-reaction seems to be located in your response. "If this causes people to complain then life as we know it has gone to hell in a handcart". Really? Way over the top.

This is the response from Dvir Abramovich, chairman of the Anti-Defamation Commission:

"TV presenter Eddie McGuire has come under fire for pandering to an offensive anti-Semitic stereotype on last night’s episode of Millionaire Hot Seat.

During a chat with one of the contestants, the show’s host said, “So you have a Jewish father and a Scottish mother. I reckon it would have been hard getting pocket money from them.”

Dvir Abramovich, chairman of the Anti-Defamation Commission, said, “While we appreciate the value of humour and give entertainers a lot of leeway, public figures need to show sensitivity and be careful not to traffic in age-old hurtful and demeaning stereotypes, especially those commonly associated with anti-Semitic myths.

“Denigrating any group by implying that they are stingy and cheap is always inappropriate and never funny. Those in show business need to ensure that their statements, which often push the envelope and boundaries, do not cross the line with tasteless jokes that call up ethnic slurs and which generate laughter at the expense of others.

“Such thoughtless language only reinforces harmful, pre-existing prejudices, and I am surprised that the producer chose to leave that remark in.

“And though he may not be aware of this, I will remind Eddie that it is often young people who the pay the price for such slurs by being taunted at school with crude, damaging smears. The bottom line: such jokes are never acceptable.”

In 2013, McGuire courted controversy by suggesting AFL legend Adam Goodes, who had days earlier been the victim of a racial slur in which he was called an “ape”, could be used to promote the King Kong Musical.

And last year, he got into hot water again with a comment about drowning journalist Caroline Wilson".
(sourced from The Australian Jewish News)

To me it shows a measured calm response that neither matches the shrill "can't take a joke" or be "easily offended rubbish" that uninformed people want to use.

It was thoughtless joke joining a list of thoughtless comments that seems to occur far too often by Eddie. It's Eddies judgement that is (too often) called into question here....and I am an Eddie supporter but not blindly so.

Last edited:
The Hawthorn envy on this page is pathetic.
Yeah I wish we had won wooden spoon after wooden spoon for the first 50 years of our life before a corrupt Carlton President gave us the largest catchment area about 60/70 years ago because we were the unsustainable joke of the league

In accordance with accurately reflecting history the AFL would like to announce the following name changes

Carlton Caps
Hawthorn Roids
Essendon Supps
Geelong ****medeadwewereluckynottogetcaughtwithdankandrobboguidingourmostsuccessfulperiod
Sydney Cola's
Brisbane Extra's
GWS Gift's

You forgot footsgray zurichs
Melbourne tankers

I love your training reports. However, the only over-reaction I can see is your response. If this causes people to complain then life as we know it has gone to hell in a handcart. Really? Way over the top.

This is the response from Dvir Abramovich, chairman of the Anti-Defamation Commission:

"TV presenter Eddie McGuire has come under fire for pandering to an offensive anti-Semitic stereotype on last night’s episode of Millionaire Hot Seat.

During a chat with one of the contestants, the show’s host said, “So you have a Jewish father and a Scottish mother. I reckon it would have been hard getting pocket money from them.”

Dvir Abramovich, chairman of the Anti-Defamation Commission, said, “While we appreciate the value of humour and give entertainers a lot of leeway, public figures need to show sensitivity and be careful not to traffic in age-old hurtful and demeaning stereotypes, especially those commonly associated with anti-Semitic myths.

“Denigrating any group by implying that they are stingy and cheap is always inappropriate and never funny. Those in show business need to ensure that their statements, which often push the envelope and boundaries, do not cross the line with tasteless jokes that call up ethnic slurs and which generate laughter at the expense of others.

“Such thoughtless language only reinforces harmful, pre-existing prejudices, and I am surprised that the producer chose to leave that remark in.

“And though he may not be aware of this, I will remind Eddie that it is often young people who the pay the price for such slurs by being taunted at school with crude, damaging smears. The bottom line: such jokes are never acceptable.”

In 2013, McGuire courted controversy by suggesting AFL legend Adam Goodes, who had days earlier been the victim of a racial slur in which he was called an “ape”, could be used to promote the King Kong Musical.

And last year, he got into hot water again with a comment about drowning journalist Caroline Wilson".

To me a measured calm response that neither matches the shrill "can't take a joke" or be "easily offended rubbish" that uninformed people want to use.

It was thoughtless joke joining a list of thoughtless comments that seems to occur far too often by Eddie. It's Eddies judgement that is (too often) called into question here....and I am an Eddie supporter but not blindly so.

Interesting observation
No bias from that and certainly dvir
Is entitled to his opinion
But fair dinkum
You want to change a people's stereo type , easy try harder , work on your faults , research and improve
Making Palestine a ghetto just like Poland , great for that stereotype
Don't belittle us whilst we're illegally settling on a WEST BANK
Heard of china , never hear them whinging over 150 million slaughtered
Know what the MAGNA CARTA banned usurys that's how long it's been going on
If more jokes like this get people to stop abusing weaker people bring it on

Yeah I wish we had won wooden spoon after wooden spoon for the first 50 years of our life before a corrupt Carlton President gave us the largest catchment area about 60/70 years ago because we were the unsustainable joke of the league

Even better when you win your first flag with YOUR OWN UMPIRE
lol

Eddie has said some incredibly dumb things over the years,but I wouldn't count this as one of them.It was the sort of harmless joke that wouldn't have got any attention if it had been said by anyone else.And really,how many people were actually offended by the joke?How many people actually made a complaint?I'm betting that the number was miniscule.
(a) he should have known better
(b) in a vacuum the comment might seem minor but there is a cumulative effect when you consider all of his recent comments. It shows that he hasn't learnt much from his past, more serious, comments.
(c) don't tell jokes that contain jewish stereotypes unless you're jewish imo.

It's not that big of a deal imo but it was stupid (the joke wasn't even funny) and people are entitled to be offended by it. Problem with Ed's job is that he is probably the most media exposed person in the country and inevitably on live radio and tv that he's involved in you get pretty close to crossing the line (which he has on numerous occasions).

What pisses me off more are those in the media who've had time to think about it and are still saying there is nothing wrong with what he said. Although i think they may have their own interest in making this bigger than it is so they can rail about political correctness gone crazy.

So on a serious note, based on your comments above, and correct me if I am wrong, you are more than happy with the successes at Collingwood over the past say 45 years versus those achieved at Hawthorn? As long as we are bigger, more in the public eye and have a more high profile passionate President. Have I got it?

Further, by extension, I assume that we then have nothing to learn from the likes of Hawthorn and would never consider replicating/part replicating whatever it is that they do.

Firstly get priority zones , north did it too , stealing champions from other clubs
Then get ALL the fat cats involved and exert pressure
Then you get a few well placed guys at head office, fixturing, CEO and umpires advisors
Pop a couple of mates in as umpires , get your team to BELT EVERYONE and never get penalised
BUY THE EX CEOs ( long time supporter) old tip as payback
HAVE I GOT IT RIGHT
You didnt

Yeah, I tell ya what, why not head out to Tennant Creek and live with those Indigenous People out there, they get all the breaks, little or no proper housing, limited electricity and water, living on $236 a week....why can't we 'white anglo saxon males' get to live that life?

Many do. Go walk the streets of Melbourne and you will see homeless white dudes and gals who don't even get $236 a week as they are not even unemployed. People make choices, regardless of color.

The irony of your comment is that you make the point beautifully its white peoples fault that they choose to live like that. That's how you create victims who become dependent upon the state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the list after 4 years of rebuild?[/QUOTE

Building towards sustained success pal
grand final appearance on average every 4 years
Greatest team ever in the game and NO AMOUNT of bias manipulated bullshit will ever take away
You can waffle on about free kick hawthorn but only a sheep wouldn't recognise the AGENDA
Why not join the pooh
You talk enough s..t

Interesting observation
No bias from that and certainly dvir
Is entitled to his opinion
But fair dinkum
You want to change a people's stereo type , easy try harder , work on your faults , research and improve
Making Palestine a ghetto just like Poland , great for that stereotype
Don't belittle us whilst we're illegally settling on a WEST BANK
Heard of china , never hear them whinging over 150 million slaughtered
Know what the MAGNA CARTA banned usurys that's how long it's been going on
If more jokes like this get people to stop abusing weaker people bring it on

Express whatever view you want on the Middle East or China or wherever you like, however your contibution such that it is, is about as relevant as a pimple on my arse is to the OP and thread. Your application to the MENSA has been declined.

If you wish to pursue irrelevancy start another thread. I'm sure it would be rivetting.

Even better when you win your first flag with YOUR OWN UMPIRE
lol
We have actually had TWO umpires of OUR OWN ILK.

Alex Mutch who played in our premiership in 1902 I believe umpired a VFL grand final.

Lardie Tulloch our very own premiership captain / coach likewise umpired a Grand Final.

But here's the kicker: Carlton! Won the premiership game over South.

Just shows our people don't cheat.

Probably Middle East discussion is to complex and inviting of conflict to be carried on with, in my view.

Whilst it would be better if more than one country in the region had real democracy maybe tomorrow will bring a better dawn.

So on a serious note, based on your comments above, and correct me if I am wrong, you are more than happy with the successes at Collingwood over the past say 45 years versus those achieved at Hawthorn? As long as we are bigger, more in the public eye and have a more high profile passionate President. Have I got it?

Further, by extension, I assume that we then have nothing to learn from the likes of Hawthorn and would never consider replicating/part replicating whatever it is that they do.
No, you have misinterpreted my post, it had nothing to do with on field success.

Firstly get priority zones , north did it too , stealing champions from other clubs
Then get ALL the fat cats involved and exert pressure
Then you get a few well placed guys at head office, fixturing, CEO and umpires advisors
Pop a couple of mates in as umpires , get your team to BELT EVERYONE and never get penalised
BUY THE EX CEOs ( long time supporter) old tip as payback
HAVE I GOT IT RIGHT
You didnt

Ah the old externalise blame on everyone else argument.

Clearly works.

Express whatever view you want on the Middle East or China or wherever you like, however your contibution such that it is, is about as relevant as a pimple on my arse is to the OP and thread. Your application to the MENSA has been declined.

If you wish to pursue irrelevancy start another thread. I'm sure it would be rivetting.

We were talking about jokes made about ?
We were talking about stereotypes and the need to refrain from such behaviour which you posted
I'm suggesting you reap what you sow
Change people's attitudes by being OUTSIDE the stereo type
Point about Chinese puts the suffering in perspective
It's happened before to others
It will happen again
Pity more don't champion them
Don't need Mensa mate
Just compassion

Ah the old externalise blame on everyone else argument.

Clearly works.

It might now their afl influence has wained
Funny how it all turns to crap when it doesn't work and some might say the gig is up ,lions as well
See ya schwabby, see you Evans ,bye ando
Open your eyes
Free kick hawthorn lol

We were talking about jokes made about ?
We were talking about stereotypes and the need to refrain from such behaviour which you posted
I'm suggesting you reap what you sow
Change people's attitudes by being OUTSIDE the stereo type
Point about Chinese puts the suffering in perspective
It's happened before to others
It will happen again
Pity more don't champion them
Don't need Mensa mate
Just compassion

What a manipulative piece of nonsense. So you are saying that Jews are reaping what they sow. Goodness gracious me. Where have we all heard that line of reasoning before?

Again utterly irrelevant to the OP and Ed's poor judgment.

Your application to the clear thinking society has also been rejected.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back