Oh god please no... 2017 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot figure Stephenson out for the life of me... first he’s top 5, maybe even number one, is his disposal good enough? pbly the best mid in the draft, seems a lock for the Saints at 7, heart condition, now likely 15’ish, but really consistently excellent, should go top 10... AAAAARRRRGH

Another tall defender and No speed !!!!

Oh wait .....

F?cking useless

The op shouldn't have much to worry about, anyone drafted to West Coast should be an upgrade on Darling regardless

Didn't realise a mid-20s, 40-goal-a-year second forward really required upgrading, or that a skinny 18-year-old would somehow do better from the word go.

Out of curiosity how many games does it take to qualify for father son draft? Imagine the crows picked up young Jacob Weitering before the blues. Imagine once again the crowd at AAMI stadium once again screaming "WEEEED" every time he got the footy.

Out of curiosity how many games does it take to qualify for father son draft? Imagine the crows picked up young Jacob Weitering before the blues. Imagine once again the crowd at AAMI stadium once again screaming "WEEEED" every time he got the footy.

More than the zero games Darren played for Adelaide, that's for sure.

:huh:

How could they have picked him before Carlton? Carlton had the first pick.

With the draft approaching was interested in which players everyone's terrified their team will go for, or drafting strategies you're (perhaps irrationally) dreading your team will take.

For me it'd be WC taking Oscar Allen at 13, a third tall forward with 'midfield potential' like Tom Lamb that'll end up stuck on the HFF at WAFL level behind Darling etc.

However safe WA boy that performed highly in juniors seems absolutely typical of WC.

There's also talk of us going Liam Ryan in the 20s which IMO is jumping the gun in a big way.

Thoughts feelings emotions?

I'm guessing the OP is not all that happy with the draft.

I'm guessing the OP is not all that happy with the draft.

Haha was happy enough with Allen at 21, rather than 13 (really rate Brander) and overall could justify most of the decisions based on where players were being taken around our picks.

Am still worried we didn't go hard for mids, Geelong absolutely killed the draft, a poster on our board made the point that despite going into the draft with worse picks than us overall they'd probably take Geelong's draftees over ours based on current needs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back