Oh...it's so Melbourne!

Remove this Banner Ad

What I find interesting these days (these days when my team is the very best), is how badly Carlton and Essendon own their poorness.

When we were s**t we really owned it, we had a brand and it was strong even though we weren't very good. Then you get teams like Carlton, Essendon and even Melbourne... They're just plain boring even in their failures.

Tigers always had Richo, or Nathan Brown to make them exciting. When we failed it was done spectacularly. It was newsworthy, eye-catching and interesting.

Those 3 clubs are seriously devoid of identity, excitement or energy. They are boring. No wonder they cant achieve 100,000+ members.

Essendon and Carlton, and Melbourne to a lesser extent, are fast becoming irrelevant. (Melbourne already were, but the other 2 are in a race to catch up in the boring stakes).

Even St.Kilda have provided more interest over the last 20 years than these pedestrian clubs... F**king St. Kilda!!!

The metamorphosis is now complete.
Richmond, even when they were s**t, they were good s**t.
Everything has now been sprinkled with fairy dust.
Bravo.

It's off season.

99% of what is said from club sources is a mix of coaches instilling confidence in players (and them repeating it), and attempts to encourage fans to sign up by giving them hope. In reality it's meaningless drivel.

and the media is, as always, even less credible.

The metamorphosis is now complete.
Richmond, even when they were s**t, they were good s**t.
Everything has now been sprinkled with fairy dust.
Bravo.

To be fair, he's only saying that is the case in comparison to the likes of Carlton, Essendon & Melbourne, so it's not exactly a high bar to get over.

Not sure why the OP would be hung up about this. Should Melbourne just ban themselves from media coverage? Jack has had a horror few years injury wise and finally is going to start a pre season.

I'd argue Viney proved his toughness in that moment. Kept his eyes on the ball took the hit like a man then walked off the field with minimum fuss.

Good play all round.
Dumb football - let himself get taken out of the game (and subsequent games) by a 6 gamer.

Epic fail.

Smartness beats toughness @ football.

Should have braced/lowered/turned but hes not smart enough. Let himself get wrecked by a player 7 years and 9kg his lesser.

Also there was an error in my original post - Sydney Stack was a 4 gamer.
Haha he had about a quarter of a second to react lol. What's it matter how many games he's played? Bumping into someone doesn't need experience.

It’s a good thing this thread got put back on track, is worrying when a thread doesn’t speak about Richmond.

What a strange thread. An independent article is written about us with positive qoutes from the captain and we are ahead of ourselves? Lol.

Show me an article where a club captain or spokesperson has said the club's struggling in the pre season

Its the nature of the quotes and just how wonderful everything is. He could have easily played it down a lot more. the guy needs to get a kick-would anyone have Viney in the best 30 midfielders in the league? Richmond alone have four better than him as do the pies.

Belongs in the ‘Bay’ this sort of thread doesn’t it? Not the first ‘fluff’ piece written at this time of year and won’t the the last.

I would have thought the OP would have been over Viney’s owning of Selwood in the 2018 Elimination Final by now? Clearly not.

Poor old demons-haven;t won anything for over 50 years and the AFL had to pay their bills and appoint their own Ceo to save them-yet they have more wealthy born to rule private school educated supporters than anyone? They are an embarrassment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I find interesting these days (these days when my team is the very best), is how badly Carlton and Essendon own their poorness.

When we were s**t we really owned it, we had a brand and it was strong even though we weren't very good. Then you get teams like Carlton, Essendon and even Melbourne... They're just plain boring even in their failures.

Tigers always had Richo, or Nathan Brown to make them exciting. When we failed it was done spectacularly. It was newsworthy, eye-catching and interesting.

Those 3 clubs are seriously devoid of identity, excitement or energy. They are boring. No wonder they cant achieve 100,000+ members.

Essendon and Carlton, and Melbourne to a lesser extent, are fast becoming irrelevant. (Melbourne already were, but the other 2 are in a race to catch up in the boring stakes).

Even St.Kilda have provided more interest over the last 20 years than these pedestrian clubs... F**king St. Kilda!!!
For a bloke who’s mum pays his rent from the hooker money she makes, you have an awful lot to say.

Be a bit more humble buddy. Your mother puts out for a living. U live of that money due to a severe learning disability that prevents u from sitting on a toilet seat properly, let alone acquiring a job

For a bloke who’s mum pays his rent from the hooker money she makes, you have an awful lot to say.

Be a bit more humble buddy. Your mother puts out for a living. U live of that money due to a severe learning disability that prevents u from sitting on a toilet seat properly, let alone acquiring a job
Mum says hi, and that you should probably see a doctor about that rash.

I like The Dice Man and think he is one of the better Tiger posters on this forum, but man, that reply had me in tears.

Childish and Juvenile, but the delivery was peak Louis CK pre masturbation/Metoo scandal.

Kudos.

Ladies, stop you're bitching. Reality is, the futtherest interstate team from Gill Mc will win the flag in 2020. He's trying real hard to F... Up Victorian teams. He wants to replace them with teams from Asia.

On Blade A5 2019-T using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like The Dice Man and think he is one of the better Tiger posters on this forum, but man, that reply had me in tears.

Childish and Juvenile, but the delivery was peak Louis CK pre masturbation/Metoo scandal.

Kudos.
Why thankyou Elmer Judd

Finally someone who appreciates the high level political discourse that I bring to the table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back