Oh Lord It's Hard To Be Humble

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2002
Jackson-Steinem
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bluestar Airlines, Anacott Steel
Oh lord it’s hard to be humble when the opposition gives you ammunition like this!

Selected quotes from the Eagles board prior to the game.

"Firstly Troy Wilson will have a good one, too quick and too strong for Max".
Result full forward 1 goal, full back 1 goal.:D

"3) St Kilda are our B!tches!"
):confused: 6-3 StKilda in the last 10 (1 draw) our best record against anyone!!!!

"Once we smash St Kilda this week",
:rolleyes:

"The Saints are not a good football team and it will be tough for them to win 2 in a row"
which makes the Eagles?

“If we lose to St Kilda I will be suicidal!!!!!!!”
Is she back posting yet?

"Wilson will clean up Riewoldt"
except Loewe got in first.

"Strength will be a worry for Hudghton. I can see him having one of those unlucky landings after Wilson has stormed through a pack."
Hahahahaha I do feel sorry for Willo though!

I didn't see your game against Richmond last week, so I don't know- is the flood still on?
Yes, except we've moved it to the forward line!!!! How many backmen kicked goals? Voss 3, Schwarze!, Hudghton!, Riewoldt when CHB on Siera. Hang on, how many didn't.

I must admit all that ammunition did give me the ****s also.

We're not the rabble everyone seems to think- whilst we're not world beaters either- we just need a bit of luck with injuries.

Originally posted by i_luv_westcoast
Im going to hit below the belt now. Will you be around in 5 years, I know West Coast will be :)

this is a standard response from supporters whose team has just lost to us. we can't predict the future we can only concentrate on the present and one irrifutable fact about the present is that st kilda are a 50 point better side than west coast.

and loving it. :D :cool: :D

Typical response I know, im just ****ed off at West Coast for playing so badly. No doubt if it had of been played at Subi the saints would have been done by 50 points. Oh well we have a chance to win again this weekend.

Typical response I know, im just ****ed off at West Coast for playing so badly. No doubt if it had of been played at Subi the saints would have been done by 50 points. Oh well we have a chance to win again this weekend.

Yeah well despite the fact that you are "****ed off" it really does reflect poorly on you, and only you to stoop to such a low, degrading statement.

I'm not rubbing in the fact that we won, I am the last person to do that - I'm just happy for 2 weekends straight (a rare feat) & to have someone come up and write such a load of tripe really is disappointing.

Not your finest hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get over yourself savatage. What I said was said in jest. Don't take everything so seriously.

Sorry but I cannot "read" sarcasm on a bulletin board.

Furthermore if someone questions the existence of the football club that I love, because he or she may be "****ed off" with the weekends football results then yes I do get upset.

Now what? Do you want to continue this conversation? I said something that upset you. I said when I made the comment it was below the belt. I hope the saints do have a future in the competition.

Now what? Do you want to continue this conversation? I said something that upset you. I said when I made the comment it was below the belt. I hope the saints do have a future in the competition.

I'd rather make friends than enemies anywhere I go.

Yes you ****ed me off, I tried to give you some background on the reason why I reacted so you can at least understand my point of view, and you reacted with the "whatever" comment.

As I said it's impossible to detect "jest" or "sarcasm" on a bulletin board & I hope at least you can appreciate that. I'd rather be honest & tell a person why they **** me off in front of their face for example rather than to dishonestly go behind people backs with abuse. That's just how I like to be. That's it. Cheers.

Peace out.

I try very hard to avoid talking up my side before the games (besides talking about who's playing and who's not along with possible match ups) for this very reason as it can come back to haunt you. I prefer to talk about what happened after the game and give credit where credits due, your boys were very impressive on the weekend and our guys played so badly that I felt physicaly sick.

Originally posted by mentalgrind
I try very hard to avoid talking up my side before the games (besides talking about who's playing and who's not along with possible match ups) for this very reason as it can come back to haunt you. I prefer to talk about what happened after the game and give credit where credits due, your boys were very impressive on the weekend and our guys played so badly that I felt physicaly sick.

All class, and I agree with your sentiments.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Falchoon
Oh lord it’s hard to be humble when the opposition gives you ammunition like this!

Selected quotes from the Eagles board prior to the game.

"Firstly Troy Wilson will have a good one, too quick and too strong for Max".
Result full forward 1 goal, full back 1 goal.:D

"3) St Kilda are our B!tches!"
):confused: 6-3 StKilda in the last 10 (1 draw) our best record against anyone!!!!

"Once we smash St Kilda this week",
:rolleyes:

"The Saints are not a good football team and it will be tough for them to win 2 in a row"
which makes the Eagles?

“If we lose to St Kilda I will be suicidal!!!!!!!”
Is she back posting yet?

"Wilson will clean up Riewoldt"
except Loewe got in first.

"Strength will be a worry for Hudghton. I can see him having one of those unlucky landings after Wilson has stormed through a pack."
Hahahahaha I do feel sorry for Willo though!

I didn't see your game against Richmond last week, so I don't know- is the flood still on?
Yes, except we've moved it to the forward line!!!! How many backmen kicked goals? Voss 3, Schwarze!, Hudghton!, Riewoldt when CHB on Siera. Hang on, how many didn't.

Great work Falchoon!

Good signature too. ;)

Well lets be honest...we can all do this after a game. Every week on BF, the opposition posters invade our board and we inturn invade there board. We talk up our chances, they talk up theres and then whoever wins get to brag about it. I could come up with a whole bunch of quotes that you lot made that would look rediculous had we have won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back