Rumour Oh Wayne. You've done it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're quite strident there in your anti-Carey animosity.

Where has anyone suggested Ablett or Plugger provide commentary? They're hermits.

Carey is an already well-known commentator and probably the best player of the last 30 years. Teague is about as exciting as a baked potato. Do you really think he would attract more ears and eyeballs?

Do you really think someone here has 'evidence' of who precisely tunes in to listen to every commentator? What a ridiculous burden of evidence. If Carey is hired, he must be rating. Billion dollar corporations don't throw money at non-earners.

Daisy's a better business decision than Carey. Channel Seven doesn't make mistakes. Case closed.

I see this flog is now on SAS (or some such thing). Couldn't turn the TV off fast enough when I saw his ugly face.
I heard in the news that he mentions the Stevens affair in SAS Australia. I don't watch the show but is that all he talks about? Does he fess up about his other crimes or could that be yet to come on the show? Somebody please keep us updated. :)

People in this thread really underestimate how much people in TV and Radio make.

Those *******s Kyle and Jackie O are contracted for $5m a year, each, for a radio show.

Ppl are tuning in FOR THEM. Ppl watch the footy for the game itself and commentators add a bit of flavour. That's why the money goes to the AFal for rights...commentators I'm sure are getting decent coin for what is limited work, but nowhere near a million, let alone 5.

Ppl are tuning in FOR THEM. Ppl watch the footy for the game itself and commentators add a bit of flavour. That's why the money goes to the AFal for rights...commentators I'm sure are getting decent coin for what is limited work, but nowhere near a million, let alone 5.
Concur, some context related to income.

Shock Jocks Kyle Sandilands and Jackie Henderson (Kyle & Jackie O' Show) income is the very top end of the industry and is tied to some rather strict performance indicators related to ratings and ongoing advertising contracts, which is reviewed every 90 days. Moreover the estimated annual advertising revenue from their show is AUD $70 Million.
And aside from their 4 hours of live broadcasting every morning, they also spend on average further 6 hours with other staff preparing for either the next show or future shows. Sure, they are on multi-million dollar contracts, but they work 70 hours a week and their alarms go off at 4am..!

Comparatively, how many hours a week/year do your average AFL TV presenters/commentators work..? NB. obviously Fox Footy with their 'no ad breaks during live play' have limited advertising opportunity/revenue.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And aside from their 4 hours of live broadcasting every morning, they also spend on average further 6 hours with other staff preparing for either the next show or future shows. Sure, they are on multi-million dollar contracts, but they work 70 hours a week and their alarms go off at 4am..!
Aren't they Monday-Friday? And there's no way Kyle Sandilands does 6 hours prep a day. Jackie maybe, but Kyle, surely not. The mans talent is that he clearly doesn't need a lot of preparation for his shtick, he's a natural.

Aren't they Monday-Friday? And there's no way Kyle Sandilands does 6 hours prep a day. Jackie maybe, but Kyle, surely not. The mans talent is that he clearly doesn't need a lot of preparation for his shtick, he's a natural.
You maybe right and we can debate details - but my point is, these two in terms of hours/commitment/advertising revenue all related to their income, there is simply no other comparative of any sports presenter/commentator in Australia..!

Last edited:
No disrespect, but when someone from twitter says "Inside info"...well, it has less credence than Kim Duthie giving Bitcoin advice
But you deserve it babes

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Now that Wayne seems to have disappeared from channel 7 commentary, done sas Australia and the full Monty we may not see him for awhile. Unless he’s on the next big brother series.

received_680035273828710-jpeg.1552215

Remove this Banner Ad

Back