Moved Thread Oh we're from Tigerland!!!! Neutral supporters declare your (temporary) love for Yellow and Black here

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure why his religious beliefs are relevant - youre lucky he’s Christian or you’d be considered anti Semite or an islamophobe - Houli is a god botherer as well in that regard

on leaving for money - he’s a professional athlete - he’ll have 50 years of not being a footballer - cash in whileyou can -any other professional would

Houli doesn’t post stuff on social media condemning unbelievers and sinners to hell. I really don’t care what anyone believes, just as long as they don’t get on a soap box and try to tell me how to live my life. To me that’s a god-botherer as opposed to someone who just happens to be religious.

Re the money sure, but then he burned that club (after recommitting to them) to go back and win another flag. Shows a distinct lack of moral fiber imo. I don’t begrudge Geelong taking him back, but the fairy-tail narrative and hoping he is rewarded for that is odd considering he’s shown by his actions that he’s all about himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather be kicked out by the eventual premiers rather than the runner ups.

Go tigs

Pretty much my take honestly. Also great memories of watching the Tigers smack the Crows in that Grand Final with all you can drink Stella at the Belgian Beer Club watching the mood of the Crows fans gradually shift 😁👍 all aboard the Tiger train...for a week at least.

Houli doesn’t post stuff on social media condemning unbelievers and sinners to hell. I really don’t care what anyone believes, just as long as they don’t get on a soap box and try to tell me how to live my life. To me that’s a god-botherer as opposed to someone who just happens to be religious.

Re the money sure, but then he burned that club (after recommitting to them) to go back and win another flag. Shows a distinct lack of moral fiber imo. I don’t begrudge Geelong taking him back, but the fairy-tail narrative and hoping he is rewarded for that is odd considering he’s shown by his actions that he’s all about himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You realise he was trying to get back to Geelong for family reasons right? And that he paid back a large sum of his contract to GCS?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing I’ll be supporting for the next 6 months is Netflix and Dan Murphy’s. Who ever wins their supporters will be unbearable. The real loser is going to be your neutral fans of the game that have to live with drivel that a; Richmond is one of the greatest sides ever, despite the horrible running maul style game plan, where wanting to stab yourself in the eyeballs with a pencil is a much preferred option. Or b; Geelong, with the drivel on how great they were for little Gazza, despite being highly overrated for a vast majority of his career and being heavily protected from the umpires, and how good it is for Paddy to win his premiership, to the point, that sticking the pencil in your ears to rupture your ear drums is much more preferabl.

so for this neutral supporter, Dan Murphy’s a few good movies, with a no care factor in who wins or loses, and writing this year off as a bad dream and just totally ignoring the result, living in ignorant bliss.

Tigers, Tigers, burning bright
In the final played at night
What immoral man or wife
Could frame thy social distancing?
Not sure a post riffing off a first generation British Romantic poet is going to get much appreciation on BigFooty.

But good on you for having a crack - I enjoyed it. We all know Blake would have been a Tigers man.

Still hopeful of a late season covid out break in the hub

That would be a bit harsh, you can’t expect Queenslanders to live like Victorians!

Maybe a cat5 cyclone on game day is better thing to hope for, where the game gets indefinitely called off

The idea of a player "deserving" a premiership is, still to this day, one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Please stop your vitriol against danger. He's a gun.

You realise he was trying to get back to Geelong for family reasons right? And that he paid back a large sum of his contract the GCS?

He requested a trade less than 12 months after re-signing. The money was because his contract was heavily front ended.

He’s obviously reassessed his life and decided to change his focus. Fine, but I don’t get the love for a guy that has continually burned the clubs around him for his changing personal desires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apart from the outliers who really hate either club particulary more than the other (looking at you Hawks fans) I think neutrals might find it an enjoyable GF when you have little emotional investment in one of the competing teams. I know that's how I felt in 2018, didn't really think much of WC or the Pies and it turned out to be the most enjoyable GF I've watched (that Geelong hasn't played in)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back