Moved Thread Oh we're from Tigerland!!!! Neutral supporters declare your (temporary) love for Yellow and Black here

Remove this Banner Ad

Who the hell hates Ablett and Blitz? Ablett has always played the game fair and been very modest, not sure where to even start with Blitz. Yet our opponents have Tom Lynch, the bloke that keeps getting away with dog acts, diving Grimes, a captain that should have been rubbed out of the 17 GF if they were anyone else, sooky Riewoldt who looks like he is going to cry every-time something doesn't go his way. We aren't alone with the unlikable players.

lol, can't argue with that. tom lynch is definitely up there. as is grimes, cotchin and riewoldt.

blitz is probably not a widely hated player, there's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.
ablett you must be kidding. widely respected prior to the gold coast defection. everyone kinda went, yeah ok, given the sums of money involved. then he spent 2 seasons "injured" because he'd had enough and wanted to come home. the religious stuff is neither here nor there, but he also unfortunately carries some of the stigma of the erratic behaviour of his dad.

my other grievances are:
- the father son rule gifting geelong 2 hall of fame players (hawkins/ablett)
- paddy clangers who was at the time about the best player in the comp, landing in your laps for dean gore and a bag of chips
- my suspicion through the association of steven dank and the consistently high playing weight of geelong (at the same avg height as other teams) that they have long dabbled in the black arts of PEDs
- selwood. this year is the first year the umpires have actually wised up to his ducking. its only taken them a decade. would be a great player without the ducking/shoulder dropping/whatever you want to call it. doesn't need to do it. statistics dont lie and you look at the last 20 years one player stands out for free kicks. it's because he's learned how to cheat the rules and the umps and afl were too stupid to catch on for all this time.
- kardinia park. i hate this shithole. it looks like s**t, it plays like s**t, and geelong always wins. [in some ways i actually miss the fact that all the suburban grounds like waverley, princes park, windy hill etc are gone. in its place we have 87 games at etihad. oh well. ]

its not a logical hate. its an emotional hate and that's what footy is about.

lol, can't argue with that. tom lynch is definitely up there. as is grimes, cotchin and riewoldt.

blitz is probably not a widely hated player, there's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.
ablett you must be kidding. widely respected prior to the gold coast defection. everyone kinda went, yeah ok, given the sums of money involved. then he spent 2 seasons "injured" because he'd had enough and wanted to come home. the religious stuff is neither here nor there, but he also unfortunately carries some of the stigma of the erratic behaviour of his dad.

Fair enough, I'm not going to try and change your mind. But I will say on the Ablett front that a lot of people discounted his reason to want to come home (family reasons) and then his sister died during that trade period

my other grievances are:
- the father son rule gifting geelong 2 hall of fame players (hawkins/ablett)
- paddy clangers who was at the time about the best player in the comp, landing in your laps for dean gore and a bag of chips
- my suspicion through the association of steven dank and the consistently high playing weight of geelong (at the same avg height as other teams) that they have long dabbled in the black arts of PEDs
- selwood. this year is the first year the umpires have actually wised up to his ducking. its only taken them a decade. would be a great player without the ducking/shoulder dropping/whatever you want to call it. doesn't need to do it. statistics dont lie and you look at the last 20 years one player stands out for free kicks. it's because he's learned how to cheat the rules and the umps and afl were too stupid to catch on for all this time.
- kardinia park. i hate this shithole. it looks like sh*t, it plays like sh*t, and geelong always wins. [in some ways i actually miss the fact that all the suburban grounds like waverley, princes park, windy hill etc are gone. in its place we have 87 games at etihad. oh well. ]

Jeez you're a huge sook aren't you. Cheer up

Fair enough, I'm not going to try and change your mind. But I will say on the Ablett front that a lot of people discounted his reason to want to come home (family reasons) and then his sister died during that trade period

It was unexpected wasn’t it? Sad, but not likely the ‘family reasons’ when he requested a trade a year earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was unexpected wasn’t it? Sad, but not likely the ‘family reasons’ when he requested a trade a year earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Depends what you call unexpected, she had been struggling with mental health issues, think its very likely it was the main reason he wanted to come back

no need to think,the son issue came up just this year & the sister committed suicide,i dont know the timeline of when her issues started,hes been back at geelong 3 seasons or more,stop adding crap,the man could have said"i need to get back to victoria"but know he did a sookie lala and wanted geelong only,same as beams,you defending him also?aside from the 60km difference-biased moron!

You have no idea. Pathetic, ignorant muppet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

says the parasite who resorted to name calling first on a thread started by richmond in THEIR area for NEUTRAL supporters(of which i am one and you are not)
The main board is Richmond's area now?

Class by Port fans,lose to us and still barracking for us in the granny,beers to you when I get to SA.

no sooking from me, pretty even umpiring, close game but in the last quarter it was up for grabs we got crushed out of the middle. impressive effort from richmond considering how we've gone in clearances throughout the year.

no sooking from me, pretty even umpiring, close game but in the last quarter it was up for grabs we got crushed out of the middle. impressive effort from richmond considering how we've gone in clearances throughout the year.
Class brother.

well im from tigerland
for just one week i am from tigerland
because i can not stand for gee-long to win
throw them in the bin
with dustys hangers v dangers clangers
i really want richmond to win
so im from tigerland
for just one week i will support the yellow and the blaaaaack
coz geelong is so old - theyre covered in mould
so im from tiiiigeeeer
dangers a spack
cos im from tigeeeeer land!!

I'd rather be kicked out by the eventual premiers rather than the runner ups.

Go tigs

Doesn't that mean if not for 7 more points you could have won it? I'd prefer to think my club would have got spanked in the GF.

Last edited:
10 clubs in victoria gazza,all within 60km of geelong(assuming she lived there)NO REASON TO INSIST ON GOING BACK TO GEELONG OR TAKE MY BAT AND BALL AND GO HOME,it should be"TRY TO GET ME TO GEELONG,BUT THE IMPORTANT THING IS I NEED TO BE NEAR FAMILY,SO ANY ONE OF 10 CLUBS WILL DO"
Jesus, the guy is a club legend, his father was a club legend, and literally every player for the last decade has nominated their destination.

I refuse to give narcissistic Richmond supporters any Narcissistic supply!

Can we go back 10 years when Collingwood used to smash Richmond for fun.

Jesus, the guy is a club legend, his father was a club legend, and literally every player for the last decade has nominated their destination.
nominate is fine,never said it wasnt,he demanded or he would retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back