News Oh wow, oh heavy, heavy, heavy - Lachie Neale trade thread (5, 19 & 55 for Neale & 30)

Remove this Banner Ad

People wanting to give up a best 22 player in Rich instead of a pick 22? Man some people really overvalue draft picks.

Ugh dude, we could draft the next Dustin Martin with pick 22......

Unless we have a player come to us & ask to be traded I'd be against tapping anyone on the should on our list at the moment. We appear to have tremendous buy in & team spirit. Seriously, that kind of team spirit is hard to put a price on.
Yep, the only way I'd be open to trading out a player is if they are definitely surplus to needs eg. Jack Frost, or if they came to us and suggested it eg. Sam Mayes.

People wanting to give up a best 22 player in Rich instead of a pick 22? Man some people really overvalue draft picks.

I wonder sometimes on this forum whether some people are actually Lions fans or support other clubs with these ridiculous trade suggestions.

Rich and 5 for Neale? Why don't we just throw Rayner in too and McCluggage... Seriously people...

Lachie Neale is a very good player, but trading out a best 22 player and pick 5 to get another best 22 player in, is just ridiculous.

Daniel Rich has underperformed in his career, but teams know they have to stop him because he can be devastating when left to run free. When we become a better side, Rich will be a significantly better player.

That rundown tackle on Dangerfield was awesome! My main take away is how pumped I am to have Charlie back playing next year :D

Cameron is amazing. If they had shown all three of his involvements in his goal of the year nomination he would have won. No way is one questionable smart arse (but hugely entertaining) goal be considered better than a 100m, three involvement, tackle dodging Afl masterclass goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder sometimes on this forum whether some people are actually Lions fans or support other clubs with these ridiculous trade suggestions.

Rich and 5 for Neale? Why don't we just throw Rayner in too and McCluggage... Seriously people...

Lachie Neale is a very good player, but trading out a best 22 player and pick 5 to get another best 22 player in, is just ridiculous.

Daniel Rich has underperformed in his career, but teams know they have to stop him because he can be devastating when left to run free. When we become a better side, Rich will be a significantly better player.

Yeah some of these trade ideas are kooky talk. No way we trade Rich unless he requests a trade. When we are up and running Rich will be going nuts. Cox? This guy has serious talent. Big no.

Cameron is amazing. If they had shown all three of his involvements in his goal of the year nomination he would have won. No way is one questionable smart arse (but hugely entertaining) goal be considered better than a 100m, three involvement, tackle dodging Afl masterclass goal.

Totally agree but wasn't it a public vote comp? I thought it was. If so he never stood a chance. When they played the footage on the night i'm like, sure that's the actual goal kicking bit, but not the whole goal & not the bit that made it great.

Totally agree but wasn't it a public vote comp? I thought it was. If so he never stood a chance. When they played the footage on the night i'm like, sure that's the actual goal kicking bit, but not the whole goal & not the bit that made it great.

Public. Pfttt what do they know.

I knew it couldn't last but a bit of a shame with how the Freo board has gone now. Just trying to demand ridiculous overs that aren't going to happen. They would rather keep Neale to his contract next year than work cooperatively to land Hogan and Lobb

And if we don't 'make the trade happen' by paying whatever Freo are asking, Lachie will be disgruntled with the Lions & re-commit to them. Meh. Que sera sera.

And if we don't 'make the trade happen' by paying whatever Freo are asking, Lachie will be disgruntled with the Lions & re-commit to them. Meh. Que sera sera.
Some of them seem to be under the delusion (Bell included) that he would just decide to sign a contract extension after deciding to join us. Once people have made up their mind, it just doesn't happen becuse you mentally check out.

Any chance Rich is a surprise involvement in the Neale deal? 4 and Rich or something? Probably pretty unlikely but you never know.
We need to clear at least 2 list spots after Mayes. So a player being involved in the trade makes sense, and Rich is one of the few players on the list that fits into that trade.
Maybe we trade 4 to Port for 9 and 10, then trade 9 and Rich for Neale?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back